PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game: Santa Clara - 1.10.2015

RenoZag
01-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Zags take care of business versus the Broncos of Santa Clara.

Multiple players in double figures, everyone came out healthy, Karnowski & Wiltjer family members got some TV time.

It was fun.

Which Zag was the straw that stirred the victory drink tonight ?

FINAL STATS (http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=68833&a=1)

23dpg
01-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Karnowski

18 pts
9 rbs
2 assists
2 blocks

CdAZagFan
01-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Karno has been so consistently solid for the past month or so...

seacatfan
01-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Pretty easy to vote for Karno. Pangos looked like he was starting to take over in the 2nd half again...then he got a nice comfy seat on the bench for a long time.

Birddog
01-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Karno, great game by the big guy.

SunDevilGolfZag
01-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Karnowski was really good tonight but Pangos with his overall play was the facilitator on both offense and dense. He was the straw that stirred the drink and he therefore gets my vote

Zagger
01-11-2015, 05:38 AM
Mt. K. I so like how he's maturing as a Zag. It's all going to add up for March. The Zags will need big plays by as many players as possible to best other NCAA Tourney teams. The more guys we can have that can 'carry' the team at times the better.

Reborn
01-11-2015, 05:44 AM
Mt K. He will be difficult to stop in the WCC. He is not only big, but he's polished. He's a polished Pole. Did I tell you that my grandmother was from Poland?

Go Zags!!!
One game at a time!

hooter73
01-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Exactly right Reborn. Hes always been big, but now hes polishing his ... never mind. :)

Pangos is facilitating but the reliable foundation Karno is setting up every game is letting things happen.

NumberCruncher
01-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Went for the SHEMVP, despite the one shemcluster.:D

gozagswoohoo
01-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Shem is just a BEAST this year...

So much fun to watch.

seacatfan
01-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Shem is a beast. I think he needs to be a little careful about clearing space with his elbow before he makes a move. Refs have been letting him do it, but if all of a sudden it starts drawing whistles he'll need to adjust quickly. Also I SWEAR I've seen him bump off the defender using the BALL a couple times this year.

NumberCruncher
01-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Shem is a beast. I think he needs to be a little careful about clearing space with his elbow before he makes a move. Refs have been letting him do it, but if all of a sudden it starts drawing whistles he'll need to adjust quickly. Also I SWEAR I've seen him bump off the defender using the BALL a couple times this year.

I agree that he needs to be careful. Of course, everybody gets away with some things once in a while.

Speaking of getting away with things, did you notice what they allowed Kratch to do when defending Karno one-on-one? For example, check out (if you can) the 8:50 mark of the first half. Kratch did everything but tackle him, and Karno just scored anyway. Kind of comical, really.

Karno is getting fouls called on him at about the same rate as years past, but they aren't calling defenders when they foul him. Over the past two years, he has had 7.9 free throw attempts per 40 minutes. This season, only 3.7 per 40. I refuse to believe that he's suddenly being fouled less than half as often.

seacatfan
01-11-2015, 03:29 PM
I agree that he needs to be careful. Of course, everybody gets away with some things once in a while.

Speaking of getting away with things, did you notice what they allowed Kratch to do when defending Karno one-on-one? For example, check out (if you can) the 8:50 mark of the first half. Kratch did everything but tackle him, and Karno just scored anyway. Kind of comical, really.

Karno is getting fouls called on him at about the same rate as years past, but they aren't calling defenders when they foul him. Over the past two years, he has had 7.9 free throw attempts per 40 minutes. This season, only 3.7 per 40. I refuse to believe that he's suddenly being fouled less than half as often.

I thought he was avoiding foul trouble better this year, guess my eyes deceive me. That is surprising he's not getting many trips to the foul line. Maybe refs just decided he's so big, contact isn't going to bother him, so it's a play on regardless of if he's initiating contact or the defender is?