PDA

View Full Version : Will the students be back in the Kennel for Saturday's game with Santa Clara?

amaronizag
01-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Will the students be back in the Kennel for Saturday's game against Santa Clara? I think classes start Monday but I heard the dorms don't open until Sunday? Can anyone confirm?
Thanks in advance.

Angelo Roncalli
01-09-2015, 09:27 AM
Will the students be back in the Kennel for Saturday's game against Santa Clara? I think classes start Monday but I heard the dorms don't open until Sunday? Can anyone confirm?
Thanks in advance.

Residence halls open on Sunday. There will more students in the KC seats than last night, but not be anywhere near full of students.

77Zag
01-09-2015, 09:58 AM
You would think the resident halls would open on Saturday to give the students a shot at the home games -- it's all about the costs I'm sure...

ziggerzagger
01-09-2015, 12:01 PM
You would think the resident halls would open on Saturday to give the students a shot at the home games -- it's all about the costs I'm sure...

More that the students need to be 'supervised' and the resident assistants, historically, have their winter retreat at Bozarth the weekend before the semester begins.

I remember that students were allowed to return early one year (maybe Winter 2009?), but had to sign all sorts of paperwork effectively threatening expulsion from the residence halls if they did anything naughty while the RAs were away. GU must have decided that it wasn't worth the trouble.

Bogozags
01-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Do the students have to pay for tickets to home games or are they included in their fees?

Either way, it's too bad they won't be there in full strength...think they are always worth 5-10 points...

KStyles
01-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Do the students have to pay for tickets to home games or are they included in their fees?

Either way, it's too bad they won't be there in full strength...think they are always worth 5-10 points...

They're included. Students have to have their ID cards swiped and activated at a ticket distribution (typically held on Sunday nights for the upcoming week's games), and then their card is swiped again on gameday at the door for entry to the game.