PDA

View Full Version : CBS WCC RESET COULD THIS BE STRONGEST SEASON FOR WCC.

flytiezag
01-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Great read for WCC,Zags,Keven,all WCC team,newcomer,poy in WCC.Good take on individual teams and possibility of making tournament. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24925659/cbssportscom-west-coast-conference-reset

MDABE80
01-04-2015, 10:30 AM
3 will be in. Good league this year.

VaBeachZAG
01-04-2015, 11:36 AM
3 will be in. Good league this year.

3 may be in. I certainly hope the Zags can make it through the conference undefeated (obviously no guarantee there). As to the three teams immediately below the Zags (plus one - meaning San Diego), I only see BYU with the likelihood of emerging from regular conference play with 2 losses. My fear is that these teams will beat up on each other to the extent that, at best, only one will emerge with a sufficiently compelling record to get serious attention from the selection committee. I guess time will tell.

seacatfan
01-04-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm not sold on 3 from the WCC getting in this year. Ask yourself this. Do St. Mary's and BYU have Tourney worthy resumes? No doubt both are talented teams, but who have they beat so far this year? I just looked, and both are skimpy on quality wins. WCC conference doesn't offer many opportunities to beef that up.

kitzbuel
01-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Domas got crushed by that chop block at the end of regulation at UA.

Pleasant Peninsula
01-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Sadly, the only way the WCC gets three this year is if the Zags get beat a couple times. St. Mary's is going to need to beat the Zags and probably BYU twice to even get in the conversation this year and I don't think they are good enough. I guess the Gaels could sneak in without beating the Zags, but only if they avoid any more "bad losses". The home loss to N. Arizona (212 ranked by KenPom) may haunt them.

BYU is in better shape and seems destined for an 8/9/10 seed in March, even if they can't beat the Zags.

Marcus
01-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Domas got crushed by that chop block at the end of regulation at UA.

Wow, you're not kidding. He got folded in half there. Im not sure how any Arizona fan could say that was a good non call.

seacatfan
01-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Wow, you're not kidding. He got folded in half there. Im not sure how any Arizona fan could say that was a good non call.

Maybe equaled by the no call where Sabonis went over Ashley's back, put him in a head lock and dragged him to the ground.

Marcus
01-04-2015, 03:38 PM
So are you saying it was good no call just because of a previously missed call or are you saying they both should have been called? I have no problem with calls against the Zags if they are the right call but to say just because the refs missed one early that a no call there is the right one, I would disagree.

Pleasant Peninsula
01-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Maybe equaled by the no call where Sabonis went over Ashley's back, put him in a head lock and dragged him to the ground.

If that Sabonis non-over-the-back call had come on the final possession of regulation in a tie game they might be "equal".

If you watch that replay it almost looks like Bell is passing to DS -- saw him open and tossed the ball wildly towards him.

Blackbeard
01-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Only way I see three is if anyone besides BYU or Zags wins the WCC tourney.

MDABE80
01-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Home cookin..an obvious uncalled foul or we'd be undefeated heading into the WCC..It's a very good team we have. I never thought we'd be THIS good.........very good but not like this. We need to keep the foot on the pedal in the 2nd halves.

seacatfan
01-04-2015, 04:40 PM
They were both bad no calls, probably equally egregious. Should've both been called. Because one came at the end of regulation it gets a lot more attention. If the previous one had been called, Sabonis would've fouled out long before the closing seconds of the game.