PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few Show

DixieZag
12-28-2014, 08:15 PM
Just a short recap and invite others to fill in blanks:

Coach:

Talked about how tough BYU is to play, said it is right up there will "Stillwater" and other places well known, even ones they have not played in. A big part of it is they are just well coached. Said it was a game of runs, said we responded well when we struggled, need to work on transition defense. Said game turned when we had some real efficient offensive trips, got some timely stops. Effusive praise for Kevin, doing whatever is needed, almost expected at this point.

USD; Tough place to play. Very challenging road trip, likely toughest of the year. "Ironically" (Coach's word) all three of the places we lost last year to open season. (Yes, ironic indeed, one could just read a tiny edge to the word he used.)

Interview of Gary Bell.

Just a personal note, I wish he could play here for 10 years. Yes, Kevin is rightly praised ALL the time, but it takes a Gary to get the most out of Kevin. He seems comfortable with himself, quiet, very happy with his role. Noted how much he loves GU, says Spokane is his home now. His son/girlfriend live here and all he wants to do is put his work in and go home and see them. Says he feels "better than he has in years" with all the training, nutrition and work. Showed some highlights of him and Kevin just working together in games, laughing with each other at times. Praised his partnership with Keven.

Is there anything not to love about Gary?

Interview with Travis Knight about what they work on in redshirt year:

Focused on Kelly, said they got creative. Said that they did things Travis thought would help and also Kelly's thoughts. Worked on his strength. And, again, got creative with things to improve coordination, took ideas he found through research, and made up on the fly (I think that's what he said.)

I missed a lot, anyone else might want to fill in some gaps.

CdAZagFan
12-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Anyone know if there is a link to these somewhere? I usually catch the show, but turned off the football game early...

Virginia Zags Fan
12-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the recap DZ! It is very nice for those of us on the road or who can't catch the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheZagPhish
12-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Anyone know if there is a link to these somewhere? I usually catch the show, but turned off the football game early...

I don't see tonight's broadcast, but this is the channel where it will be: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIp4n391ZPwDCpX-WI3J9g

Tmac5360
12-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Dixie, I completely agree about Gary. I thimk that he and Kevin are great players but they are even better young men. Having my son work with them at various camps they are just solid in every way. In this age of kids leaving after one or two years it is incredible to have these 2 here for 4 years. In my opinion 2 of thebest ever. Great players yes but o
Great ambassadors for this program. Something that should not be overlooked!!

bartruff1
12-29-2014, 04:03 AM
Dranginis was the Subway Sub of the week and Melson's dunk was the Rodda Paint Finish of the Week.....

Kyle has been having a terrific year and deserves much credit for his attitude and effort....I won't admit to having a favorite child or player....but some are Saturday's Child and work hard for a living.....

gonzagafan62
12-29-2014, 08:56 AM
I don't see tonight's broadcast, but this is the channel where it will be: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIp4n391ZPwDCpX-WI3J9g

Yup. Usually uploaded on Tuesday morning.

Reborn
12-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks DixieZag. Agree with your take on Gary Bell. I spoke with him a couple years ago after a game. I was in a seat waiting to find someone that my three grandkids could get an autograph from. They really wanted Gary's. Gary was talking to some friends or whoever, and was maybe 50 yards away. After he had finished talked to them, I yelled over to him, and waved to him as if I was asking him to come over and talk to me (us) my son was with me and his three boys. So Gary did come and what a wonder time with him. The greatest. That's one reason why I pull for him so much. To me he's the Ambassador for the team.

Go Zags!!!

HillBillyZag
12-29-2014, 09:39 AM
I'm with you all the way on this one, bartruff1. KD has been a consumate team mate, accepting his role, working hard, and without complaint.

CdAZagFan
12-29-2014, 12:20 PM

Thanks for that... Hopefully it will be up there soon.

Zagricultural
12-31-2014, 08:35 AM
Anxiously awaiting... :)

americasteam
12-31-2014, 04:18 PM
Favorite part of The Mark Few Show:

1 The interview of one of the players each week. Gary Bell Jr this week. Very well done.

2 The highlights of the best plays from the prior weeks' games. Get to see Karnowski's behind the back bounce pass one more time!

3 The way the show ends - with some cool shots of the team playing edited with some great music. This weeks was to a cool version of Auld Lang Syne

Zagricultural
01-01-2015, 08:48 AM
Yup. Usually uploaded on Tuesday morning.

Still not uploaded? Is there another place to view it?