PDA

View Full Version : Few was bad and Few was good!!!!!

kclubfounder
12-27-2014, 05:39 PM
At the beginning of the game Few was AWESOME!!!!

Then, down the stretch of the 1st half Few SUCKED!!!!!

Then, during the 1st half of the 2nd half Few had his ups and downs.

Then, in the final stretch of the game Few was really, really good. Thankfully.

Zagdawg
12-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Gotta agree---that win was on Few---glad he hit the FTs down the stretch and got those stops.

RenoZag
12-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Gotta agree---that win was on Few---glad he hit the FTs down the stretch and got those stops.

:clap: :cheers:

JPtheBeasta
12-27-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm curious what the "keep the pedal to the metal" crowd thought of Wiltjer's awesomely bad 2-1 fast break missed layup during crunch time?

(I'm not bashing Wiltjer, but want to know if that is the type of risk-reward we want to see at end of games).

spike_jr
12-27-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm curious what the "keep the petal to the metal" crowd thought of Wiltjer's awesomely bad 2-1 fast break missed layup during crunch time?

(I'm not bashing Wiltjer, but want to know if that is the type of risk-reward we want to see at end of games).

Loved that he attacked the rim with a 2-1 break. Didn't love the shot. He just needed to make the defender commit to playing him or Shem. I would rather we attack like that when we have the advantage.

PS - you have to admit that the offensive sets the last 9 minutes of the first half were pitiful. The soft spot in the 2-3 zone is the high post and we did not execute.

23dpg
The beginning of your post was AWESOME!!!!

Then your post kinda SUCKED!!!!

Then it was up and down.

Then, finally you finished up really, really good.

OK, I kid, I kid. But seriously?

GonzaGAW
At the beginning of the game Few was AWESOME!!!!

Then, down the stretch of the 1st half Few SUCKED!!!!!

Then, during the 1st half of the 2nd half Few had his ups and downs.

Then, in the final stretch of the game Few was really, really good. Thankfully.

busted a gut, loved this analysis

caduceus
12-27-2014, 06:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qlhSzcL.gif

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Few was terrible on defense. It's like he wasn't even on the floor.

Baseline
12-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Few talked to Tommy a lot this game, very bothersome, I don't think he hadhis head in the game.

BULLDOG#1
12-27-2014, 06:35 PM
I really respect that Few let's his players play though tough calls and such. I also respect that he clearly coaches his players to play through the tough calls.
However...

When BYU, especially Winder, were just throwing themselves at GU players (without even trying to score) and have the refs bailed them out over and over and over... I thought Few should have taken a T and really lit the refs up.

Yes, he is a roller coaster of a coach, but I wouldn't trade him.

I am wondering why Nunez didn't see the floor. His athleticism would have given BYU fits.

RenoZag
12-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Nunez was out with an illness, per a tweet by Jim Meehan prior to the game, Bulldog#1. . .

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-27-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm curious what the "keep the pedal to the metal" crowd thought of Wiltjer's awesomely bad 2-1 fast break missed layup during crunch time?

Right decision. Poorly executed.

RenoZag
12-27-2014, 07:03 PM

And he forgot to wear a tie again. . .dag nabit

DixieZag
12-27-2014, 07:33 PM
And he forgot to wear a tie again. . .dag nabit

Forgot?

It's intentional. He intends to snub the rest of the WCC, indicating he doesn't respect them enough to dress for success and make max effort.

That's the theory anyway.

If it were me, I might not wear one b/c a suit w/o tie can look hip/sharp and it has to get hot when things get tight and comfort matters. But that's just me.

BobZag
12-27-2014, 07:38 PM
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

SunDevilGolfZag
12-27-2014, 07:53 PM
Seems like Few's winning % inched up a little more among highest of all active coaches. Oh I forgot his is the highest. Works for me

Bogozags
12-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Never trying to steal credit but heard/read that the game is tied and now it's up to the coach that makes the proper adjustments in the second half that will win this game.

Coach Few did exactly that...having and using the high post to bust the zone from the inside out...that was the key adjustment and I surmise the other was sharing with KP he needs to "get involved" more on offence. Getting the ball to KW at the high post opened up the outside and KP and GBJ took advantage of the opportunities.

Kevin and Kyle made the shots but Coach Few was IMO the reason GU won the game.

Rangerzag
12-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Maybe if Nunez wore a tie he could have played ;^)

webspinnre
12-27-2014, 09:31 PM
Nunez was out with an illness, per a tweet by Jim Meehan prior to the game, Bulldog#1. . .

If Few was a championship caliber coach, Nunez never would've gotten sick. ;)

RenoZag
12-27-2014, 09:39 PM
“I thought that Przemek was kind of our rock for long stretches there, we were kind of playing off him,” Few said. “And then a big key was Wiltjer settled down and found himself in some nice money areas against that zone. We found him and that was huge.”

Despite being favored, and ranked No. 8 nationally, Few, and his team, knew it would be tough against BYU and came away grateful for their first West Coast Conference win.

“It was a heck of a road win for us. We got pushed, and pushed, and tested by a really tough, hard-nosed and confident BYU team,” Few said. “It felt like four games within one there. Luckily we made the plays, and tightened up the (defense) down the stretch, and that’s kind of what got us the difference.”

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865618548/Slowing-down-BYUs-transition-was-key-for-Gonzaga-in-its-87-80-win-Saturday.html

MDABE80
12-27-2014, 09:44 PM
I'd love to see what the BYU board is saying. Anyone have the link to the main board???

RenoZag
12-27-2014, 09:48 PM
It's over in the WCC Forum

caduceus
12-27-2014, 09:49 PM
I'd love to see what the BYU board is saying. Anyone have the link to the main board???

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/list.html?display=category:2 (should filter out all the marriage advice and football posts)

JPtheBeasta
12-27-2014, 10:21 PM

This :]

MDABE80
12-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the links. nowhere near as bad as the past few years' versions. It's good to win fair and square at their place.

JPtheBeasta
12-27-2014, 10:22 PM
If Few was a championship caliber coach, Nunez never would've gotten sick. ;)

Also this.