• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kclubfounder
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2007

Few was bad and Few was good!!!!!

At the beginning of the game Few was AWESOME!!!!

Then, down the stretch of the 1st half Few SUCKED!!!!!

Then, during the 1st half of the 2nd half Few had his ups and downs.

Then, in the final stretch of the game Few was really, really good. Thankfully.
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Gotta agree---that win was on Few---glad he hit the FTs down the stretch and got those stops.

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
      Gotta agree---that win was on Few---glad he hit the FTs down the stretch and got those stops.
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2008

I'm curious what the "keep the pedal to the metal" crowd thought of Wiltjer's awesomely bad 2-1 fast break missed layup during crunch time?

(I'm not bashing Wiltjer, but want to know if that is the type of risk-reward we want to see at end of games).
        Last edited by JPtheBeasta; 12-27-2014, 05:00 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• spike_jr
          Banned
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
          I'm curious what the "keep the petal to the metal" crowd thought of Wiltjer's awesomely bad 2-1 fast break missed layup during crunch time?

(I'm not bashing Wiltjer, but want to know if that is the type of risk-reward we want to see at end of games).
          Loved that he attacked the rim with a 2-1 break. Didn't love the shot. He just needed to make the defender commit to playing him or Shem. I would rather we attack like that when we have the advantage.

PS - you have to admit that the offensive sets the last 9 minutes of the first half were pitiful. The soft spot in the 2-3 zone is the high post and we did not execute.
          Last edited by spike_jr; 12-27-2014, 04:58 PM. Reason: added the PS

Comment

• 23dpg
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

The beginning of your post was AWESOME!!!!

Then your post kinda SUCKED!!!!

Then it was up and down.

Then, finally you finished up really, really good.

OK, I kid, I kid. But seriously?
            Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by kclubfounder View Post
              At the beginning of the game Few was AWESOME!!!!

Then, down the stretch of the 1st half Few SUCKED!!!!!

Then, during the 1st half of the 2nd half Few had his ups and downs.

Then, in the final stretch of the game Few was really, really good. Thankfully.

busted a gut, loved this analysis

Comment

• caduceus
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Welcome to conference play! Keep your hands in the vehicle at all times!

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2008

Few was terrible on defense. It's like he wasn't even on the floor.
                  What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• Baseline
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2011

Few talked to Tommy a lot this game, very bothersome, I don't think he hadhis head in the game.
                    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• BULLDOG#1
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Aug 2011

I really respect that Few let's his players play though tough calls and such. I also respect that he clearly coaches his players to play through the tough calls.
                      However...

When BYU, especially Winder, were just throwing themselves at GU players (without even trying to score) and have the refs bailed them out over and over and over... I thought Few should have taken a T and really lit the refs up.

Yes, he is a roller coaster of a coach, but I wouldn't trade him.

I am wondering why Nunez didn't see the floor. His athleticism would have given BYU fits.

Comment

• RenoZag
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Nunez was out with an illness, per a tweet by Jim Meehan prior to the game, Bulldog#1. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                          I'm curious what the "keep the pedal to the metal" crowd thought of Wiltjer's awesomely bad 2-1 fast break missed layup during crunch time?

Right decision. Poorly executed.
                          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• RenoZag
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
                            Few was terrible on defense. It's like he wasn't even on the floor.
                            And he forgot to wear a tie again. . .dag nabit

Comment

• DZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                              And he forgot to wear a tie again. . .dag nabit
                              Forgot?

It's intentional. He intends to snub the rest of the WCC, indicating he doesn't respect them enough to dress for success and make max effort.

That's the theory anyway.

If it were me, I might not wear one b/c a suit w/o tie can look hip/sharp and it has to get hot when things get tight and comfort matters. But that's just me.
                              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                              Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X