PDA

View Full Version : NIce Gonzaga/Few article from Fox Sports

stevet75
12-17-2014, 11:26 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/don-t-discount-gonzaga-mark-few-based-on-past-march-results-121714

Another article about how the Zags don't deserve their reputation for being soft.

I didn't see where this had been posted before, but if it has go ahead and delete.

gonzagafan62
12-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks for sharing. My favorite line when I read this was:

But to use Gonzaga’s past as an explanation for why Few’s Gonzaga current one-loss team – its only defeat to third-ranked Arizona in one of the finest games of this young season – can’t make a Final Four this year?

That falls somewhere between ignorant and downright stupid.

So true.

RenoZag
12-17-2014, 11:53 AM
That falls somewhere between ignorant and downright stupid.

Or between Doug Gottleib and Myron Medcalf. . .

TheZagPhish
12-17-2014, 12:29 PM

Rep.

SteelZag
12-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Gottlieb has Mark Few as his choice for Coach of the Year.

DixieZag
12-17-2014, 01:13 PM
I can't wait to make the FF so we don't have to read these articles every year.

I DO appreciate it being posted and it was a great article. I just hope we don't have to deal with the motif much longer.

RenoZag
12-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Gottlieb has Mark Few as his choice for Coach of the Year.

And come March he'll say the same thing about Gonzaga he always says: they can't handle bigger, more explosive guards in the NCAA tournament.

sittingon50
12-17-2014, 01:25 PM

:roll::lmao::roll:

(although I tend to like DG).

VaBeachZAG
12-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Thanks for sharing. My favorite line when I read this was:

So true.

My favorite line:

And I think Bell and Pangos are underrated. They have been their whole careers – moreso Pangos on the defensive end. He’s a tough little guy.”

WBM
12-17-2014, 02:18 PM
I like this quote from Few:

“The cool thing is, everybody keeps asking us that, so that means we’ve had a lot of really good teams,” Few told me. “But we haven’t done anything yet. We’ve had teams that went undefeated in league, that have earned a No. 1 seed, that have done crazy, crazy things, and we’re not even close to accomplishing yet.”

Woohoo!