1. the zags playing very well away from the kennel
    2. Dons looking not so tough at home
    3. Gaels looking not so tough at home
    4. Haws being less than 100% when the zags come to provo

Maybe this team can run the table....
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

The hardest place to play in the WCC for the Zags is the Leavey Center at Santa Clara. Doesn't matter how good the Broncos are, the games are almost always close. Remember, the 2013/14 team barely got out of that joint with a win.

Running the table is certainly possible if the team stays healthy. I wouldn't predict it. They are going to be really hard to beat once McClellan hops on board and Perkins returns.

Comment

• MDABE80
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Nobody wants egg on their face but this team can run the table barring injuries or some unforseen problem. Pangos and Bell score when they need to but they do feed very well. Wesley is his own show....grabbing rebounds, defending and doing some nice soring. This is the wing we've always needed despite being a wee bit undersized.

There will be those nights though when one of our fair brethern get hot and our kids can't find the side of a barn...........and then come the unpredictable refs. Do we have the talent? yes. Things do happen though......
      It's good to remember GU has a target on our back every night. We, in general, are the game of the year.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
        • Feb 2007

They can... but they probably won't.
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• gonzagafan62
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
          The hardest place to play in the WCC for the Zags is the Leavey Center at Santa Clara. Doesn't matter how good the Broncos are, the games are almost always close. Remember, the 2013/14 team barely got out of that joint with a win.

Running the table is certainly possible if the team stays healthy. I wouldn't predict it. They are going to be really hard to beat once McClellan hops on board and Perkins returns.
          Very true. Going to be tough to win at USF too though. Same thing applies. The 2012-13 team barely escaped USF. I expect to win @Portland and @BYU for revenge this year. Its the other ones im concerned about.... @USD will still be tough... even though that's a revenge game too.
          Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• WBM
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Oct 2013

I'm actually very curious to see what KenPom has us at for a chance to go undefeated in conference. I forget who was sharing that information before, but I'd love to see it again.

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WBM View Post
              I'm actually very curious to see what KenPom has us at for a chance to go undefeated in conference. I forget who was sharing that information before, but I'd love to see it again.
              Try the thread with the December W-L record poll. . .I think ZagNative posted a chart from KenPom on that. . .

I think UP will be very tough
              Last edited by RenoZag; 12-17-2014, 08:54 PM.
              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• stevet75
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Feb 2007

They can, and I think they will. I just hope they get the crap scared out of them a few times.
                “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

Comment

• GU69
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

KenPom projects the Zags at 16-2 for the conference (although projected to win each individual game), with an 8.9% chance of an unbeaten record.

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stevet75 View Post
                    They can, and I think they will. I just hope they get the crap scared out of them a few times.
                    So do I, and most importantly , so do the coaches....to focus the mind..... I don't think it is very complicated........ defense and depth.... travel.... I will be surprised if they lose a game for the rest of the season.

Comment

• USF
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2007

USF beat Gonzaga three years in a row at War Memorial. 2010, 2011 and 2012. When did Gonzaga last lose in Santa Clara?

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                        • Mar 2008

They can and they should barring injury
                        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Zagdawg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

We just need to foul usf --- and we win the game with our bench players-- cause you know they can't make free throws.

We've beat usf by 16 pts on average the last 4 games we've played -- and this team is on pace to beat usf by at least that again this year (based upon how the Zags are playing and how usf is playing).

Comment

• WBM
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by GU69 View Post
                            KenPom projects the Zags at 16-2 for the conference (although projected to win each individual game), with an 8.9% chance of an unbeaten record.
                            It'll be interesting to see what that % chance jumps up to after (if) we beat BYU in Provo. Five games ago (before SE Louisiana) we had a 3.6% chance, according to the chart ZagNative shared.

Comment

• TravelinZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2012

Once past Provo, should win them all, rate the chances at better than 50/50. Injuries/illness a factor? Sure, but I remember the team's effort last January during and injury/illness period that left them without enough players for a full scrimmage in practice. This year's team has so much depth, that the flu just provides more playing time and different lineups playing together. Such a luxury.

Comment

Working...
                              X