PDA

View Full Version : Kennel Club 30th Anniversary Jerseys on Sale

Seatown
12-16-2014, 08:51 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img908/9384/FYbLVN.jpg

https://commerce.cashnet.com/cashneta/selfserve/BrowseCatalog.aspx?CNAME=MERCHANDISE+

What do you guys think about the red? The 6 represents the sixth man I would assume. Overall, pretty cool jersey. Not sure if it's available to students only or the general public as well? Just went on sale about an hour ago, will probably sell out soon.

Look for these to be pretty common in the Kennel for the remaining home games.

Hoopaholic
12-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Sweet

gonzagafan62
12-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Holy crap, those look freakin sweet.

kclubfounder
12-17-2014, 05:09 PM
I could have sworn I read a long thread, that I found very entertaining, about retiring the #6.

Awesome looking jersey.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!

229SintoZag
12-17-2014, 08:18 PM
I could have sworn I read a long thread, that I found very entertaining, about retiring the #6.

Awesome looking jersey.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!

What is weird is that the logo says just "Then Kennel" and the number 30. Not the "Kennel Club."

Which is inaccurate. The court was not called the "Kennel" until some time in the late 1990s or early 2000s as I recall. I graduated in 1995 and not once in my four years did we refer to the court as the "Kennel" that I recall. In any event even if we go back to the beginning, I think the Kennedy Pavilion opened in 1967 or somewhere along there, not 1984.

Since it's a Nike jersey with official gear logos and patches and whatnot I have to assume that GU athletics signed off on it. Which makes me wonder why it talks about the Kennel but not the Kennel Club, since GU bought or secured the rights to the Kennel Club trademark several years back when it took over the Kennel Club as an official university entity.

kclubfounder
12-17-2014, 09:23 PM
What is weird is that the logo says just "Then Kennel" and the number 30. Not the "Kennel Club."

Which is inaccurate. The court was not called the "Kennel" until some time in the late 1990s or early 2000s as I recall. I graduated in 1995 and not once in my four years did we refer to the court as the "Kennel" that I recall. In any event even if we go back to the beginning, I think the Kennedy Pavilion opened in 1967 or somewhere along there, not 1984.

Since it's a Nike jersey with official gear logos and patches and whatnot I have to assume that GU athletics signed off on it. Which makes me wonder why it talks about the Kennel but not the Kennel Club, since GU bought or secured the rights to the Kennel Club trademark several years back when it took over the Kennel Club as an official university entity.

The bottom line is that the Kennel Club WAS established in 1984. The cool "Anniversary Jersey" has the #30 next to the date the KC was established (30 years prior), and the #6 is the chosen number for the jersey. I don't think we need a Tom Hanks movie to figure out why.

sittingon50
12-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Agreed. More of an action movie. Tom Cruise.

First and last post
12-17-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm told the patch will actually have "Kennel Club" across it, as opposed to "The Kennel," on the final version.

Despite the negative comments a few posters made about the KC in the earlier thread, comments that drew me (temporarily) out of the shadows, I cannot imagine the Gonzaga basketball program without them. Collectively, everyone who bleeds Zag blue (not red!!) is a part of the KC and deserving of this recognition.

Go Zags!

Sarenyon
12-18-2014, 06:13 AM
If this Jersey is made available for sale online, I and I'm sure many others would be purchasing it. Very cool.

RainierZag
12-18-2014, 06:49 AM
I'm told the patch will actually have "Kennel Club" across it, as opposed to "The Kennel," on the final version.

Despite the negative comments a few posters made about the KC in the earlier thread, comments that drew me (temporarily) out of the shadows, I cannot imagine the Gonzaga basketball program without them. Collectively, everyone who bleeds Zag blue (not red!!) is a part of the KC and deserving of this recognition.

Go Zags!

I counted 1 negative comment in the 50 posts prior to your emergence in the 51st post to "set the record" straight. 1.

Not every post answered the question asked in the O.P. of that thread which was "What do you think fellow Zag fans?" the way you wanted, but to infer someone who would prefer a Vermillion or Morrison jersey hanging in the rafters instead of the Kennel Clubs as "negative" appears to be disingenuous at best.
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?51447-Campaign-to-Retire-Number-6-Jersey

However I do like the jersey and thank you for the clarification that the final version will say Kennel Club.

First and last post
12-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Please bear with me. I haven’t taken the time to learn the technical nuances of this site, so I am going to respond to RainierZag’s post (above) the old fashioned way…

Here are the comments I was referring to:

• One poster said the KC’s actions were so “embarrassing” that he had called and written multiple letters to the president of the University. I think it's safe to assume those letters were not complimentary of the KC. He made those comments in the context of why he was opposed to retiring #6 in recognition of the student section.

Do you really think that the “BS” chant was created by the Kennel Club? What are the chances that word, or any like words, were ever uttered by members of the “Snake Pit” making an alum or Jesuit cringe? Has anyone else done anything when they were 18-22 year olds that they regret doing today?

• A second poster said that s/he had “not once heard or read here of anything positive they (Kennel Club) have done for the University.” That is the comment that set me off.

I believe most would agree with me that each of those comments, made by separate posters, prior to my “first and last post” are, to some degree, negative in their reference to the Kennel Club.

Now I freely admit that I received an “F” on my first-ever college English paper. In fact, Fran Polek gave everyone in that English Comp class an “F” because, as he said, we all “wrote like high schoolers.” And I certainly could have said, “…two posters…” or “…a couple of posters…” But, while using the term “…a FEW posters…” isn’t as precise, it's certainly not inaccurate.

I believe Dr. Polek and Webster’s Dictionary would agree with me on this one.

Lastly, for the record, I never said I thought the #6 should be hung in the rafters ahead of the numbers of Jerry Vermillion, Dan Dickau, Adam Morrison, or any other former player the University deemed appropriate to honor in that way. And I think I already outlined the comments I deemed negative. I haven't inferred a thing. Quite the opposite, I came straight out and said that I believe the University needs to retire a few (there I go again, using that word) player numbers, starting with Vermillion's. I don't understand why some take this as an either/or proposition... Why can't it be both/and?

The bottom line is that the University has now recognized, via the jersey and the KC shirt, the contributions of the KC in a meaningful way, and I believe (as you can tell) that recognition it is well-deserved.

sittingon50
12-18-2014, 10:16 AM
If you want negative, wait 'til the next loss.

ldszagfan
12-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Bring back the red jerseys! :)

GoZags
12-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Please bear with me. I haven’t taken the time to learn the technical nuances of this site, so I am going to respond to RainierZag’s post (above) the old fashioned way…

Here are the comments I was referring to:

• One poster said the KC’s actions were so “embarrassing” that he had called and written multiple letters to the president of the University. I think it's safe to assume those letters were not complimentary of the KC. He made those comments in the context of why he was opposed to retiring #6 in recognition of the student section.

Do you really think that the “BS” chant was created by the Kennel Club? What are the chances that word, or any like words, were ever uttered by members of the “Snake Pit” making an alum or Jesuit cringe? Has anyone else done anything when they were 18-22 year olds that they regret doing today?

• A second poster said that s/he had “not once heard or read here of anything positive they (Kennel Club) have done for the University.” That is the comment that set me off.

I believe most would agree with me that each of those comments, made by separate posters, prior to my “first and last post” are, to some degree, negative in their reference to the Kennel Club.

Now I freely admit that I received an “F” on my first-ever college English paper. In fact, Fran Polek gave everyone in that English Comp class an “F” because, as he said, we all “wrote like high schoolers.” And I certainly could have said, “…two posters…” or “…a couple of posters…” But, while using the term “…a FEW posters…” isn’t as precise, I don’t believe it’s inaccurate.

I believe Dr. Polek and Webster’s Dictionary would agree with me on this one.

Lastly, for the record, I never said I thought the #6 should be hung in the rafters ahead of the numbers of Jerry Vermillion, Dan Dickau, Adam Morrison, or any other former player the University deemed appropriate to honor in that way. And I think I already outlined the comments I deemed negative. I haven't inferred a thing. Quite the opposite, I came straight out and said that I believe the University needs to retire a few (there I go again, using that word) player numbers, starting with Vermillion's. I don't understand why some take this as an either/or proposition... Why can't it be both/and?

The bottom line is that the University has now recognized, via the jersey and the KC shirt, the contributions of the KC in a meaningful way, and I believe (as you can tell) that recognition it is well-deserved.

That was me, and I signed my name to my comment and stated that it was my opinion.

At the time I wrote Father Coughlin, I felt the numerous (and very audible) "B. S." chants did not reflect well on Gonzaga University ... and that I felt it was "different" now that the games were on t.v. And while I loved (and still love) the enthusiasm that the K.C. brings ... I just felt that the televised "BS chant" showed a complete lack of class and that it reflected poorly on the school.

We can agree/disagree ... I don't care. That was my opinion then (in the early 90's) and that's my opinion now.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?51447-Campaign-to-Retire-Number-6-Jersey&p=1053697#post1053697

Salsageek
12-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Not a fan of the red Jersey. Do they come in white or blue?

ZagLawGrad
12-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Not a fan of the red Jersey. Do they come in white or blue?

I suppose the red has some tradition to the KC? It's ugly, should have gone blue.

HenneZag
12-18-2014, 01:41 PM
I personally think they look slick! I'm sure as already said in the above comment that they are red to be on par for the Kennel Club, which I like cause it stand out more than blue.

It would be cool if you could order that in blue, just for the casual fan that may want it.