PDA

View Full Version : Opponent preview

Angelo Roncalli
12-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Cal Poly beats USF 78 - 71 at USF. Dons 10 - 23 on freethrows.

gonzagafan62
12-15-2014, 09:04 PM
That's not an easy place to win at either. Good win for cal poly. Will be interesting wen we play them on Saturday. Should e a fun game

RenoZag
12-15-2014, 09:06 PM
The five or six posters on Dons Mental are up in arms.

Aw, shucks. . .

DixieZag
12-15-2014, 09:06 PM
I like that everyone played a lot tonight, the team will rest up, (physically), Kevin looked better. I think they'll come out and play very well next Saturday. And, I'm glad that Cal-Poly looks like a real team. Definitely a real school, academically.

Reborn
12-15-2014, 09:30 PM

And this is exactly why I don't like USF, nor their coach. I'd fire him right now after a loss like that at home. Cal Poly's RPI is 335. Yes Out of 350. Good for Cal Poly. I can hardly wait to play them on Saturday. They may have beaten USF, and maybe that will get the Zags' focus. I want the Zags to be ready Saturday and show Cal Poly what the WCC is really like. Texas Southern, whom the Zags played tonight, has an RPI of 217. I really have a hard time understanding why the Zags would schedule a game like this in Seattle. It's not the first time either....maybe it wasn't the Zags who scheduled it? I hope it wasn't. If the Battle of Seattle is going to continue to get teams like Cal Poly to play in it, then it should just discontinue. I would no more pay for that game then I don't know what.....but I wouldn't pay to see it. Sorry BIS steering committee. Gonzaga should just drop out of that event, imo. Really!!!

Go zags

Bocco
12-15-2014, 09:36 PM

Aw, shucks. . .
and this is something new? all of them are living off the glory of events that took place almost sixty years ago.

Rangerzag
12-15-2014, 09:49 PM

Aw, shucks. . .

Are they blaming the Zags????

Zagdawg
12-15-2014, 09:49 PM
I did not think there were that many fans on that site---I was thinking 2-3 (with their multiple personalities).

Marcus
12-15-2014, 09:57 PM

They lost because Mark Few disrespects the game by refusing to wear a tie.

Zag 77
12-15-2014, 10:04 PM
I really have a hard time understanding why the Zags would schedule a game like this in Seattle. It's not the first time either....maybe it wasn't the Zags who scheduled it?

OK one more time. The promoter who handled this event and others committed suicide and GU had to scramble to put it all together by itself. I had heard that North Carolina or some team of that stature dropped out.

RenoZag
12-15-2014, 10:04 PM

Naw. The love affair with sexy Rexy has worn out. Or as Section_G might write:

"It is a shame Rex Walters disrespects the NCAA, WCC Conference, USF, and the game of basketball by not coaching worth a damn. He does wear a tie, however."

sittingon50
12-15-2014, 11:31 PM
The just under 1400 that showed up for the game apparently couldn't get the walls of that hallowed hall to reverberate enough to bring the home team across the finish line. Alas.

"Spose it was the weather? Or the 49'er's beat down? Or Mark Few's lack of proper apparel?

Hoopaholic
12-15-2014, 11:34 PM

Wonder if the coach has them in the gym in a circle to battle it out to determine whose the best free throw shooter

sittingon50
12-16-2014, 12:12 AM
Per the Pilot board, after tonight's game ewe ess eff is last in the nation (#351) in FT % @ 55.8%.

Angelo, pass the yogurt!

ZagaZags
12-16-2014, 12:16 AM

Aw, shucks. . .

USF stinks.

Angelo Roncalli
12-16-2014, 06:53 AM
According to this box score, there were "0" fans in attendance.

http://stats.csnbayarea.com/cbk/boxscore.asp?gamecode=201412150499&home=499&vis=94&final=true

Maybe incorrect, but pretty close.

I watched the last 5 minutes on the W. You could only see one side of the gym, but I doubt that there were more than 250 people on that side. 500 total?

TexasZagFan
12-16-2014, 07:34 AM
Naw. The love affair with sexy Rexy has worn out. Or as they might say:

It is a shame Rex Walters disrespects the NCAA, WCC Conference, USF, and the game of basketball by not coaching worth a damn. He does wear a tie, however.

Ties are overrated. Don Haskins wore a clip-on that was off after the opening tip.

bartruff1
12-16-2014, 07:46 AM
To his credit, Rex was 2014 WCC Coach of the year...... I am one of those old farts that can remember and respect what USF accomplished in the past... including some recent wins and near wins against Gonzaga...

I don't care about their board and I don't think any board, including ours, represents the great majority of a team's fans.

willandi
12-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Why are the Frisco Dawns so obsessed with Few and no tie?

sittingon50
12-16-2014, 08:25 AM
I think it has to do with their HMO's not covering Haldol.

caduceus
12-16-2014, 08:44 AM

http://i.imgur.com/meftV0q.gif

Angelo Roncalli
12-16-2014, 09:39 AM

OK, 50, for that one you should have to come and clean the spewed coffee out of my keyboard.

sittingon50
12-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Fess up; thru your nose?

Angelo Roncalli
12-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Fess up; thru your nose?

It was a good one. Ranks up there with Reno's observation a few years ago, after watching Pawn Stars, that Chumlee is living proof that USF and SMC fans have mated.

jazzdelmar
12-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Fess up; thru your nose?

as in, "got your nose?"

DixieZag
12-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Fess up; thru your nose?

Gills. Through his gills.

It's a touchy subject. Let it be.

Zagdawg
12-16-2014, 10:18 AM
You guys had best be careful--- all three fans from the dawns board spend a large amount of their day (from their moms basements of course) viewing this board and looking for bulletin board material to "whip the other 2 dawns fans into a frenzy" on their board.

"That darn Zag board just said dawns players can't shoot free throws well!!!!!" "Let's find out some personal information about some of the Zag posters and post it on our board."

San Francisco fans on that board are "special" people.

gonzagafan62
12-16-2014, 10:20 AM
You guys had best be careful--- all three fans from the dawns board spend a large amount of their day (from their moms basements of course) viewing this board and looking for bulletin board material to "whip the other 2 dawns fans into a frenzy" on their board.

"That darn Zag board just said dawns players can't shoot free throws well!!!!!" "Let's find out some personal information about some of the Zag posters and post it on our board."

San Francisco fans on that board are "special" people.

I hate San Fran. lol

sittingon50
12-16-2014, 10:27 AM
It was a good one. Ranks up there with Reno's observation a few years ago, after watching Pawn Stars, that Chumlee is living proof that USF and SMC fans have mated.

:lmao:

zagmantis2001
12-16-2014, 12:15 PM
And this is exactly why I don't like USF, nor their coach. I'd fire him right now after a loss like that at home. Cal Poly's RPI is 335. Yes Out of 350. Good for Cal Poly. I can hardly wait to play them on Saturday. They may have beaten USF, and maybe that will get the Zags' focus. I want the Zags to be ready Saturday and show Cal Poly what the WCC is really like. Texas Southern, whom the Zags played tonight, has an RPI of 217. I really have a hard time understanding why the Zags would schedule a game like this in Seattle. It's not the first time either....maybe it wasn't the Zags who scheduled it? I hope it wasn't. If the Battle of Seattle is going to continue to get teams like Cal Poly to play in it, then it should just discontinue. I would no more pay for that game then I don't know what.....but I wouldn't pay to see it. Sorry BIS steering committee. Gonzaga should just drop out of that event, imo. Really!!!

Go zags

The nutjobs on their board will be pleased that Rex wore a tie and did not "disrespect" the WCC and all of college basketball. So, they at least have have that moral victory in the loss. He was not wearing a jacket however, so they should probably sanction him for disrespecting the WCC and all of college basketball for that major blunder.

Zagger
12-17-2014, 05:22 AM
BIS needs a name change. I think it is great that the Zags play on the west side each year. If I were living on that side of the state I'd really appreciate it. But, 'battle' invokes a game between more evenly matched foes - or a battle for something, such as in state teams for bragging rights. There has to be a better, more enticing AND more fitting name for this game. Been trying to think of one but my creative juices just aren't following .....

gonstu
12-17-2014, 06:06 AM
BIS needs a name change. I think it is great that the Zags play on the west side each year. If I were living on that side of the state I'd really appreciate it. But, 'battle' invokes a game between more evenly matched foes - or a battle for something, such as in state teams for bragging rights. There has to be a better, more enticing AND more fitting name for this game. Been trying to think of one but my creative juices just aren't following .....

The Slaughter in Seattle?

gonzagafan62
12-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Come on yo! It was only three BIS' ago that we played Kansas State in that thing. Give it another chance next year.

LongIslandZagFan
12-17-2014, 08:26 AM
Best part is DonsCentral pointing his ire at SMC instead... His latest is Bennett cheats... often. It wouldn't have anything to do with SMC beating the same Cal Poly team by 20+... noooooo.... That and somehow attributing the one time part of the team got sick from eating at Joe's Crab Shack as being some weird excuse for all losses in the WCC... which of course he questions SMCs actually having the same issue in their recent loss.

bartruff1
12-17-2014, 08:31 AM
Come on yo! It was only three BIS' ago that we played Kansas State in that thing. Give it another chance next year.

Of course.....the BIS has the potential to be the most important non conference game for Gonzaga.... every year...if you want to get the absolute best elite programs to the Northwest,...... Seattle is the obvious location...

RenoZag
12-17-2014, 09:50 AM
Best part is DonsCentral pointing his ire at SMC instead... His latest is Bennett cheats... often. It wouldn't have anything to do with SMC beating the same Cal Poly team by 20+... noooooo.... That and somehow attributing the one time part of the team got sick from eating at Joe's Crab Shack as being some weird excuse for all losses in the WCC... which of course he questions SMCs actually having the same issue in their recent loss.

According to Bright's mom ( as posted on GIAG ) after the Creighton game, the team was provided a catered meal, aranged via Creighton, that resulted in many Gaels with food poisoning, some requiring trips to hospital for IV fluids.

DC is one guy's vendetta against the rest of the WCC.