• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

Opponent preview

Cal Poly beats USF 78 - 71 at USF. Dons 10 - 23 on freethrows.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • gonzagafan62
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

That's not an easy place to win at either. Good win for cal poly. Will be interesting wen we play them on Saturday. Should e a fun game
    Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

The five or six posters on Dons Mental are up in arms.

Aw, shucks. . .
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• DZ
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

I like that everyone played a lot tonight, the team will rest up, (physically), Kevin looked better. I think they'll come out and play very well next Saturday. And, I'm glad that Cal-Poly looks like a real team. Definitely a real school, academically.
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
          And this is exactly why I don't like USF, nor their coach. I'd fire him right now after a loss like that at home. Cal Poly's RPI is 335. Yes Out of 350. Good for Cal Poly. I can hardly wait to play them on Saturday. They may have beaten USF, and maybe that will get the Zags' focus. I want the Zags to be ready Saturday and show Cal Poly what the WCC is really like. Texas Southern, whom the Zags played tonight, has an RPI of 217. I really have a hard time understanding why the Zags would schedule a game like this in Seattle. It's not the first time either....maybe it wasn't the Zags who scheduled it? I hope it wasn't. If the Battle of Seattle is going to continue to get teams like Cal Poly to play in it, then it should just discontinue. I would no more pay for that game then I don't know what.....but I wouldn't pay to see it. Sorry BIS steering committee. Gonzaga should just drop out of that event, imo. Really!!!

Go zags
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Bocco
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post

Aw, shucks. . .
            and this is something new? all of them are living off the glory of events that took place almost sixty years ago.
            The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

• Rangerzag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Aw, shucks. . .
              Are they blaming the Zags????
              "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
              "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
              I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• Zagdawg
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I did not think there were that many fans on that site---I was thinking 2-3 (with their multiple personalities).

Comment

• Marcus
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Rangerzag View Post
                  They lost because Mark Few disrespects the game by refusing to wear a tie.

Comment

• Zag 77
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

For the umpteenth time

I really have a hard time understanding why the Zags would schedule a game like this in Seattle. It's not the first time either....maybe it wasn't the Zags who scheduled it?

OK one more time. The promoter who handled this event and others committed suicide and GU had to scramble to put it all together by itself. I had heard that North Carolina or some team of that stature dropped out.

Comment

• RenoZag
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Rangerzag View Post
                      Naw. The love affair with sexy Rexy has worn out. Or as Section_G might write:

"It is a shame Rex Walters disrespects the NCAA, WCC Conference, USF, and the game of basketball by not coaching worth a damn. He does wear a tie, however."
                      Last edited by RenoZag; 12-16-2014, 01:31 PM.
                      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• sittingon50
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

The just under 1400 that showed up for the game apparently couldn't get the walls of that hallowed hall to reverberate enough to bring the home team across the finish line. Alas.

"Spose it was the weather? Or the 49'er's beat down? Or Mark Few's lack of proper apparel?
                        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
                          Wonder if the coach has them in the gym in a circle to battle it out to determine whose the best free throw shooter
                          The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• sittingon50
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Per the Pilot board, after tonight's game ewe ess eff is last in the nation (#351) in FT % @ 55.8%.

Angelo, pass the yogurt!
                            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• ZagaZags
                              Banned
                              • May 2010

Aw, shucks. . .

USF stinks.

Comment

Working...
                              X