PDA

View Full Version : McCarthey Athletic Center and The Kennel Club

gozagswoohoo
12-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Watching the UCLA game at Pauley Pavilion made me realize just his lucky we are to have the MAC and the Kennel Club. I'm not saying Pauley is ugly, but it can't hold a candle to the MAC! (Did I say that 'saying' right?). The McCarthey Athletic Center is just so perfect, so intimate, and it's beautiful to LOOK at. There are also no bad seats in the house. Now, I can only judge Pauley from what I could see on tv, but it looked....just bland to me...?? Not only that, but it was just kinda generic looking. And on the zags end of the floor, the seats looked AT LEAST 25 yards away from the court!!! That's so dumb.
Throw the Kennel Club into the convo, can you IMAGINE what they'd look and sound like against the #9 squad in the nation? The fans in Pauley got loud during moments, but when the zags are at home and playing a big game, you can almost feel your tv shaking.

Watching this game tonight just made me realize how special the MAC and the Kennel Club are.

sittingon50
12-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Agreed WooHoo. Thought it was pretty weak.

gonzagafan62
12-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Well said whoohoo

zagbeliever
12-13-2014, 09:22 PM
:agreed:

Angelo Roncalli
12-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Pauley is very nice inside. Interestingly, they have no suites. The UCLA crowd arrived late and left early. Their student section was lame. The cheerleaders had some talent.

Salsageek
12-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Yes they do have some nice eye candy on both ends of the floor. Even my wife said something about it during the game. Lol.

Pauley is very nice inside. Interestingly, they have no suites. The UCLA crowd arrived late and left early. Their student section was lame. The cheerleaders had some talent.

UberZagFan
12-14-2014, 01:03 PM
The cheerleaders had some talent.

Yup. The only talent UCLA has on its bench is in its cheerleader squad.

RenoZag
12-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Yup. The only talent UCLA has on its bench is in its cheerleader squad.

http://spirit.ucla.edu/meet/2014/dance.aspx

sittingon50
12-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Even the Coaches!!

http://spirit.ucla.edu/meet/2014/coaches.aspx

DixieZag
12-14-2014, 01:24 PM
UCLA has never suffered a shortage of talent in the cheerleading team.

Woohoo, excellent, hall of fame even, post.

Yes, we are spoiled rotten with our facilities. The arena plays a big role, but huge, excited and clever student sections can pretty well overcome even the generic NBA arenas some teams are sentenced to exile in. I'm also sure that the students in the Kennel club find the whole experience, intoxicating. Or something.

And LA fans of nearly anything, except maybe Laker play-off games, are indifferent. Think, the second largest metro-area in the country doesn't have an NFL team. Green Bay has an NFL team! Not LA. And, it's not like they're going on hunger strikes in an effort to obtain one, like they would, if needed, in Green Bay.

hondo
12-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Speaking of the UCLA coaches their all time best looking coach has to be none other than Nikki Caldwell. She had her team in the MAC a few years ago and I think most of us remember her.

RenoZag
12-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Even the Coaches!!

http://spirit.ucla.edu/meet/2014/coaches.aspx

I wonder how much a "hair, make-up, and wax consultant" takes in per game. . .

Renowned for her ability to create a flawless face, Suzie specializes in subtle transformations, helping women draw out the most beautiful version of their natural selves. . . It’s no wonder celebrities like Gary Busey, Weird Al Yankovic and Larry King trust her with their on-camera faces. . .

Busey & King should ask for their money back