PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU-UCLA

Section 116
12-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Hudson-GU led for 38 minutes of the game after tied 2-2 and Wiltjer scored two buckets to lead 6-2. UCLA was never able to get the big bucket to really cut into the lead. GU had the answer every time. And the points came from everywhere. Wiltjer leads with 24, Wesley with 20, 10 for Sabonis. GU shoots 58.5%. Alford leads UCLA with 23 heating up in the second half.

Michaelson: We talked a lot about being the aggressor, it took a couple minutes to get going but after that we played really well, except for a couple little lulls. Wiltjer, we knew he could score it was just a matter of time. 7-8 for Wesley, leads us in rebounds with nine, it was just special for him to come home and play like that. After that situation in Arizona he has played just two huge games. Dranginnis is just fantastic, some tip outs, some rebounds, a big three when we needed it. It's just tough to keep him on the bench. Kevin is just so solid on the ball, don't know if there has been a shot all year that was bigger than the one Kevin hit, the building was rockin and they were cutting into our lead and he just nailed it. UCLA is a really good offensive team. We are giving up way too many offensive rebounds and we gotta get some more hustle plays.

Dranginnis: Heck of week for Kyle, I don't know why I've been able to contribute, I guess I just go out there and hustle and try to contribute. After the UA game we felt good but we were disappointed, these last two games we came out with kind of a chip on our shoulders, we just wanted it more. It takes a bit to git into a rhythm when you come off the bench but I've been doing it my whole career here so I'm comfortable with it. We're not done, we're ready for some more and we have more we want to accomplish.

Hudson-GU lead for essentially for 39 minutes of the game and GU was able to protect the lead and you don't want to say there is stuff rattling around in your head but after the UA game, you know it's there. UCLA is a high level team and you know some times you have to go down and make a play and to be able to do that is in part because of the learning experience at UA. GU didn't get off to a great start in the second half and Pangos dropped in that runner and then that three with the shot clock expiring was just huge. UCLA was really ready to make a big move then and Pangos came through. You need a couple guys like Kyle, you just need a guy who isn't going to score 25 but you need a glue guy to do all the little things he does. He is becoming the Mike Hart of this team. Whatever he can do to help win is what he is going to do.

Zagricultural
12-13-2014, 08:39 PM
Love KD

Virginia Zags Fan
12-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Thanks 116!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jim77
12-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Love KD

+100

roxdoc
12-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Michaelson made the comment that for a lot of the game Draino was the best player on the floor. He said they were discussing rotations on the bench and it was "we can't take Kyle D out"

abarefootboy
12-13-2014, 09:20 PM
always look forward to your post-game radio show dispatch 116.

Baseline
12-13-2014, 09:22 PM
The way everyone splaying its very hard to think who should be out there and we have McClelen (sp) coming into the fray in a matter of weeks.

KW and BW are becoming the go to guys!

ZagLawGrad
12-13-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks as always!

Salsageek
12-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Love your radio recaps. Thanks!

ZagMan in Philly
12-14-2014, 05:31 AM
Love your radio recaps. Thanks!

Ditto on the recaps, I enjoyed reading them.
KD came out of nowhere in a few plays just to tip the offensive rebounds back to us, then we scored on those plays, just huge.
He has becoming the glue guy.

Hoopaholic
12-14-2014, 05:37 AM
Michaelson made the comment that for a lot of the game Draino was the best player on the floor. He said they were discussing rotations on the bench and it was "we can't take Kyle D out"

He has demonstrated his value in all areas of the game