Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• GoZags
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BRAY88 View Post
      Would like to see this kid get some more PT

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11907006
      I like the kid, but even the 1st walkon off the bench (Griffen) hasn't seen the floor much lately.
      sigpic
      “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
      ——-
      List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
      Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• seacatfan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2014

Doesn't everybody want to see more of Melson? Everybody can't get on the floor. Haven't been many 30-40-50 point beatdowns recently, so the walk ons are going to be staying on the bench.

Comment

• B Wayne
          Kennel Club
          • Nov 2007

Yes good point. I would also like to see the team do some tryouts with the best of the intramural teams. The team
          could really use some more walk-ons and more playing time with existing walk ons.

I guess we shouldn't expect too much. A few years ago they didn't play Chris Pontarolo-Maag much, missing out
          on a great opportunity. I'm not sure if Pontarolo-Maag is now playing in the NBA, D League or high level in Europe? Anyone know?

Comment

• GoZags
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by B Wayne View Post
            Yes good point. I would also like to see the team do some tryouts with the best of the intramural teams. The team
            could really use some more walk-ons and more playing time with existing walk ons.

I guess we shouldn't expect too much. A few years ago they didn't play Chris Pontarolo-Maag much, missing out
            on a great opportunity. I'm not sure if Pontarolo-Maag is now playing in the NBA, D League or high level in Europe? Anyone know?
            Gonzaga's walk on program is a great source of pride for many, and shouldn't be mocked. The fact of the matter is a number of these kids could be playing elsewhere, at a school's expense. But they've chosen to be at Gonzaga.

I tip my cap to them ... even if they don't see the floor very often.

It's quite a statement that the only Gonzaga coach that played at Gonzaga was a walk on, and Coach Michaelson is doing an outstanding job for the Zags.

Nilson (on staff at Gonzaga); Michaelson (on staff at Gonzaga); Bankhead (on staff at USD); Gentry (on staff at Stephen F. Austin after Texas A and M) have done themselves and our program proud.

It's my strong opinion that these guys do not deserve to be mocked, or shown disdain.
            sigpic
            ——-
            List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
            Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
              Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
              Gonzaga's walk on program is a great source of pride for many, and shouldn't be mocked. The fact of the matter is a number of these kids could be playing elsewhere, at a school's expense. But they've chosen to be at Gonzaga.

It's quite a statement that the only Gonzaga coach that played at Gonzaga was a walk on, and Coach Michaelson is doing an outstanding job for the Zags.

Nilson (on staff at Gonzaga); Michaelson (on staff at Gonzaga); Bankhead (on staff at USD); Gentry (on staff at Stephen F. Austin after Texas A and M) have done themselves and our program proud.

It's my strong opinion that these guys do not deserve to be mocked, or shown disdain.

Don't forget my favorite!!!! Hart (on the zags staff. Video-guy or something, right?)

Comment

• 229SintoZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I share the opinion. I am not sure, however, the post was mocking the walk-ons, or mocking the suggestion by posters above that Gonzaga needs to see more floor time for its walk-ons. (Just to be fair.)

Comment

• cjm720
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                  Don't forget my favorite!!!! Hart (on the zags staff. Video-guy or something, right?)
                  I couldn't tell if that's who he was talking about unless Hernandez was a walkon (my mind is fuzzy these days)
                  Go Zags!!!

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
                    I couldn't tell if that's who he was talking about unless Hernandez was a walkon (my mind is fuzzy these days)
                    Hernandez was a JC transfer, on scholarship.
                    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Bouldin4Prez
                      Kennel Club Alum
                      • Nov 2009

I would love to see him on the court more as well. Means we are beating the opponent by 40 points.

Comment

• GoZags
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                        Yep ... missed him. I had a pretty serious case of red a$$ and was fired up (even after counting to 10). I knew I wasn't naming guys like Spink, or some predecessors like Herold and Hetrick ... but I shouldn't have skipped Hart.
                        sigpic
                        ——-

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                          Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                          • Feb 2007

Yep ... missed him. I had a pretty serious case of red a$$ and was fired up (even after counting to 10). I knew I wasn't naming guys like Spink, or some predecessors like Herold and Hetrick ... but I shouldn't have skipped Hart.
                          That's the amazing thing about GU though....we've had SO many GREAT one's that it's almost imossible to remember them all in one short moment.

Comment

• bigblahla
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Wasn't Ryan Floyd a walk-on?

Go!! Zags!!!
                            "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• GoZags
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bigblahla View Post
                              Wasn't Ryan Floyd a walk-on?

Go!! Zags!!!
                              As was Colin Floyd ... albeit not as productive. Hope somebody can replicates Ryan's 5 made 3 pointers at Pauley tomorrow.
                              sigpic
                              ——-

Comment

Working...
                              X