• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

ESPN Announcers UCLA - Vitale?

Rumor on UCLA board. I tried to confirm, but can't find anything one way or another. Hopefully some here can help.

Here's the rumor (guy states it as fact). http://ucla.scout.com/forums/1737-br...165555165?s=12

(If true) This will cause some gnashing of teeth, but I just look at it as more legitimacy that we're big time. No longer "the best mid-major" - though we've tossed that away a long time ago, there are more signs of it this year. This is our second nationally televised, prime time, ESPN game during Jimmy V week in one week.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.
  • gonzagafan62
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

I read on the board last week that dickey v was doing the game. Weird when it's a late night game for most people like myself
    Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• Akzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Confirmed on Vitale's twitter ...

dickiev_espn
      1 day ago
      Greeted at the front of BEVERLY HILLS WILSHIRE as we just arrived - will do a TV spot while here & looking forward to doing UCLA- GONZAGA game Sat 7 PST
      So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

So when was the last time Dookie V called a Gonzaga game they won ?
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
          Oh, ouch.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• Zagdawg
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Saturday

Comment

• MDABE80
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Doesn't matter to the players who calls the game. They'll be ready.

Comment

• Rangerzag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Akzag View Post
                Confirmed on Vitale's twitter ...
                dickiev_espn
                1 day ago Greeted at the front of BEVERLY HILLS WILSHIRE as we just arrived - will do a TV spot while here & looking forward to doing UCLA- GONZAGA game Sat 7 PST
                Originally posted by Ekrub View Post
                Walton and heister would be a riot.
                Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                I see your Walton and raise you an Ehlo... Heister/Walton/Ehlo.... I think the world might actually stop spinning if that happened.
                I see your Ehlo and raise you a Vitale... Heister/Walton/Ehlo/Vitale.... I think the world might actually start spinning backwards if that happened.

See also: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...or-WSU-Gonzaga
                "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
                "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
                I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• seacatfan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Rangerzag View Post
                  I see your Ehlo and raise you a Vitale... Heister/Walton/Ehlo/Vitale.... I think the world might actually start spinning backwards if that happened.

See also: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...or-WSU-Gonzaga
                  Oh my! Those 4 would suck all the oxygen out of the room and the entire arena would go hypoxic and pass out. Kim Kardashian tried to break the internet, that foursome would break cable or something.

Comment

• Reborn
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

I know that there are some fans here who blog who don't like Dick Vitale. I do, and I like him a lot. He really likes Gonzaga too,and he always has. Dickie V is a Hall of Famer. That says it all to me. He has a passion for this great game that is unmatched. He makes the game fun. I feel the same about Bill Walton. I'm glad Vitale will be there Saturday. He will certainly bring a unique perspective to the game, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say bout the Zags!!!

Go Zags!!!
                    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• VaBeachZAG
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post

Game Day game against Stanford at K2 - Zags won!

Comment

• DZ
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                        I know that there are some fans here who blog who don't like Dick Vitale. I do, and I like him a lot. He really likes Gonzaga too,and he always has. Dickie V is a Hall of Famer. That says it all to me. He has a passion for this great game that is unmatched. He makes the game fun. I feel the same about Bill Walton. I'm glad Vitale will be there Saturday. He will certainly bring a unique perspective to the game, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say bout the Zags!!!

Go Zags!!!
                        I agree with this even though he bothers me as a color analyst. It would be one thing if he was the over the top analyst and kind of a jerk. He's a very good guy who has done a lot for the support and has always supported our program. That's plenty for me to like him, even if I wish we had one of the other really good ones.

Plus, he can laugh at himself. People with big egos can be ok if they also have the ability to laugh at themselves.
                        Mark Twain.

Comment

• Baseline
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2011

I just want to hear him say - Go Zags, Baby!
                          "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• RenoZag
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VaBeachZAG View Post
                            Game Day game against Stanford at K2 - Zags won!
                            Thank you for digging that up. . .I thought he was batting 1.000 as a Zags jinx
                            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• CdAZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Reborn View Post

Go Zags!!!
                              I like him also, but do get tired of him fawning over Duke and/or North Carolina. I thought he did a good job at the GU-Butler game...

Comment

Working...
                              X