PDA

View Full Version : Jim Meehan: Sabonis and other Zag notes

ZaGranny
12-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Nice article about Domas being a gym rat:

December 9, 2014 in Sports
Gonzaga freshman Domas Sabonis can be found after hours in the gym
Jim Meehan The Spokesman-Review

After a day of classes, an afternoon of basketball practice and an early evening of studying, Domas Sabonis can usually be found at his home away from home.

No, it’s not in front of the TV or playing video games. It would be at the McCarthey Athletic Center, 801 N. Cincinnati St. It’s essentially Sabonis’ second address.

The 6-foot-10 freshman gets in touch with a teammate or a manager to see if they’ll join him for late-night hoops. He’s been joined lately by center Przemek Karnowski. Before Josh Perkins suffered a broken jaw, he’d accompany Sabonis to the MAC.

If others are busy, Sabonis goes alone.

“I just want to improve my game,” he said.

Sabonis was at the MAC on Thursday night, the day before the team departed for Saturday’s showdown with Arizona.

“I try to come here every night,” he said. “I can see where it’s helped for sure. My hook shots and free throws have improved so I’m happy with it. I do foot work, work on my post moves and I’m working on improving my right hand.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/dec/09/gonzaga-freshman-domas-sabonis-can-be-found-after/

More at the link, including notes about Pangos and the book being written about him and about Josh's surgery.

ZaGranny

SWZag
12-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Josh Perkins will undergo jaw surgery today. Perkins has been in contact with GU freshman soccer goalie Ben Willis, who broke his jaw Nov. 9 against Pacific. “He got his wires off (last Friday) so I’m happy for him,” Perkins said. “He said I could use his blender. We’re like best friends now.”

:)

jchocolate99
12-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know if Ben Willis is currently playing in games again? If he is that should be good news on Perkins return than I would think

sittingon50
12-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know if Ben Willis is currently playing in games again? If he is that should be good news on Perkins return than I would think

Think their season is over.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
12-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Great article thanks for sharing!!!!!!!! OMG late at night shooting free throwsxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxo:000tens:! Sabonis is going to be one of the big reasons this team puts the big time heat on the college hoops world this March and April. This kid is just going to continue to get better and better and better. Thanks Jim!!!!!!!!!! :) Man this is great news!!!!!