PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Game....Best I have seen in a long time

Ezag
12-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Felt like a championship game....Zags had there chances just and with all that talent there was no go to guy. Pangos was gassed and tried to force to much, Sabonis was off all game, Wesley played well just unlucky in the end, Bell put up a nice game despite foul trouble, Karno was money all night and Wiltjer was good at times but his defense needs serious work. As deep as we are supposed to be, didn't look that way today. I think maybe Draginis should have seen time in the end.

mendiant
12-06-2014, 03:50 PM
AGREED!!! Great game!! Love my team!!!

basketballzag
12-06-2014, 03:51 PM
1000%. Nothing to be upset with about tonight's loss. This game if anything proved that Gonzaga belongs in the Top 6.

Zag4Hire
12-06-2014, 03:52 PM
This should adequately prep the Zags for a game at War Memorial.

These OOC games mean more to Gonzaga then the Big 6 schools. Opportunity lost. Hey it's gone and learn from it.

Is there a coach, whether NBA or NCAA, that is the elite inbounds pass design coach? If so, throw buckets of cash at him and get him to GU for a clinic. Tired of it honestly.

23dpg
12-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Zags never trailed the entire second half. ( ot)
The non call on Sabonis with 5 seconds left in reg time was a bummer. I understand why it wasn't called but he was steamrolled there. Not putting it on the refs, just saying, dang!

jazzdelmar
12-06-2014, 03:55 PM
I like miller but he was less than gracious after game. Blaming his teams poor play rather than the intensity of the game. Really bush.

basketballzag
12-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Those kinds of statements reflected poorly on him tonight.

Birddog
12-06-2014, 03:57 PM
I like miller but he was less than gracious after game. Blaming his teams poor play rather than the intensity of the game. Really bush.

You're surprised? I think Miller is a little dooshy, always have.

Zag4Hire
12-06-2014, 04:00 PM

? Way off--Miller was quick to get to complimenting GU and AZ did play bad in the first half. If you have any hostility, for me, it would be for McConnell. Honestly I was glad Johnson graduated because he was very difficult to defend. McConnell I thought acted like a punk and the ref should have warned him a couple times for taunting. I have seen tougher guys get punched in the face on the blacktop at the park for less than what he did.

Marcus
12-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Great game. We more than showed up. Controlled the play for the most part, played great D. I thought the turning point was when Byron made the layup and 1 but it was called a charge. I was confident until that play. Thought it was a bad call, oh well. Nothing to be ashamed of here. Good job Zags.

ezcure17
12-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Great game, someone had to lose....MUCH better than last time anyways...

But NOW.........Arizona KNOWS we can play with them and probably should have won...and so do WE!!!! Okay, they get THIS game, at home...no problem...

but we get the NEXT one...which will be sometime in March, when we beat them on our way to the Final 4!!

DixieZag
12-06-2014, 04:18 PM

I noticed that. I wanted to punk him for that, too. Looked like a little dweeb. His team got kicked around by a better team for 36 minutes. It's not our fault they don't have the fundamentals. I've thought he was a punk since backing up the guys at X.

I'll tell you, the foul should have been called over the back on Sabonis with 2ft to win, but whatever, an OT loss @ Zona is NOT going to cost us a thing. In fact, it will be treated as all but a win from here on out. If we take care of business, get through without a bad loss, we're FINE.

FuManShoes
12-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Yup. The Zags played their hearts out, played pretty great D for most of the game, got some calls, got screwed on many more, had the game won in regulation, made mistakes, and both got beat and beat themselves. You can't point at one thing. Draginis over performed. Pangos tried to do too much. Sauna made plays. The big story is we had a FF-caliber team beat on their home court. Story 1b is we couldn't seal the deal. Remember the effort, learn from the mistakes, carry on. This team is good. We'll play more meaningful ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GonzaGAW
12-06-2014, 05:03 PM
tough loss but a great game, like the announcer said, someone was going to walk off the court with a loss, point being too bad, as both teams are quality hard nosed teams

as it turns out arizona was tougher down the stretch, their defense clamped down on us at the end of regulation and in o.t.

but what did we learn? or at least I learned we are so much better than last years team. yes maybe arizona is not quit as good as last year. but lets recall some 8 months ago we were all embarrassed at how we were man handled in the tourney. this is such an improvement, now we are kind of pissed that we let one get away.

i have to think sabonis is going to figure out and correct his silly fouls. bring consistency to his game. melson will get more comfortable on the court. we get even deeper with josh and eric coming on board sometime in 2015.

good effort lads, heads up, lets get the next one!

AnonAzZagTemp
12-06-2014, 05:34 PM

This is what Miller said about your team after our win "“We played Gonzaga because they’re one of the great teams in college basketball,” he said. “What Mark Few’s done there, it represents everything we want to do here at Arizona.”...that is not exactly bad mouthing you guys...he is generally very respectful of other teams, if he came across as blaming our guys for the close game that has no reflection on your guys at all...I can assure you he does not, nor will he underestimate your team in the slightest. He is always just a little bit hard on the team and in some ways he was right...STanley had a terrible game, RHJ worked overtime on defense and really did not get anything going on offense...

If I had a complaint it would be that our "phenom freshman" stood around and tried to impress the 30 NBA reps who were there and failed his assignment...be glad you guys don't have to play through the wall of ego's that come with all american recruits...our bench outplayed Stanley and York sat out clutch time and he's a starter...the ONLY reason you go to the bench with Miller is bad defense...whoever York had beat him pretty badly for him to sit out like that.

Zagdawg
12-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Agree--great game---Zags played their hearts out--proud of our boys.

Go Zags

RenoZag
12-06-2014, 05:39 PM
AnonAzZagTemp:

What was up with McConnell patting Wesley on the back when he missed the first free throw ? Seemed like a bush league move from this side of the televison screen. Something a Sun Devil would do. . .

jazzdelmar
12-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Nothing close to what I heard on the telecast. Maybe his pr man got to him before the presser.

And btw, McConnell is a punk.

AnonAzZagTemp
12-06-2014, 05:47 PM
AnonAzZagTemp:

What was up with McConnell patting Wesley on the back when he missed the first free throw ? Seemed like a bush league move from this side of the televison screen. Something a Sun Devil would do. . .

TJ patts the opponents a lot, happens almost every game, he's a competitor but not a punk, he usually helps opponents up off the floor etc...he may be trying to get into someones head, but he loves the game and truthfully I think he was just saying "I get it" McKale is tough...we are kind of used to getting all kinds of crap, if you think he's a punk go look at the mid/end of the SDSU Maui game where he went off on our "All McDonalds" freshman STanley who was actually responding to trash talk by telling him to "SHUT UP"...he does not like games getting snippy, he's actually just a hard working short PG that is very competitive...

AnonAzZagTemp
12-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Nothing close to what I heard on the telecast. Maybe his pr man got to him before the presser.

And btw, McConnell is a punk.

The quote is from the presser...I did not hear the espn after game talk so I don't know, just saying Miller is very respectful of Gonzaga and Few if you want to believe differently I will leave it alone.

btzag
12-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Honestly the best thing for me was watching a team from a bigger school, with a bigger budget, with a bigger arena, from a power conference, with ELITE recruits and athletes, an ELITE coach who gets paid much more, get OUTPLAYED on their home court and stomp around like babies who had their blankies stolen away. Holy crap McConnell's antics, Ashley kicking around like a little crybaby and of course led by Miller who leads the best team in all the land because of his amazingness. Wow. Really amazing to watch the reaction of a bully team who comes out and gets bullied on their own court! Even though we lost it was priceless!

jazzdelmar
12-06-2014, 05:50 PM
TJ patts the opponents a lot, happens almost every game, he's a competitor but not a punk, he usually helps opponents up off the floor etc...he may be trying to get into someones head, but he loves the game and truthfully I think he was just saying "I get it" McKale is tough...we are kind of used to getting all kinds of crap, if you think he's a punk go look at the mid/end of the SDSU Maui game where he went off on our "All McDonalds" freshman STanley who was actually responding to trash talk by telling him to "SHUT UP"...he does not like games getting snippy, he's actually just a hard working short PG that is very competitive...

You're a great fan. Disagree though.

bartruff1
12-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Just shoot me..on second thought...Gonzaga is every bit as good as Arizona....good defense.....going to be a epic season...

bballbeachbum
12-06-2014, 05:54 PM
when a player air balls an FT late like that and an opposing player gets in his space somehow, like patting his butt and saying something, he's not trying to tell him 'Nice try friend'. it's gamey sh!t, no problem ok? but cop to it as the cheese it is

AnonAzZagTemp
12-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Honestly the best thing for me was watching a team from a bigger school, with a bigger budget, with a bigger arena, from a power conference, with ELITE recruits and athletes, an ELITE coach who gets paid much more, get OUTPLAYED on their home court and stomp around like babies who had their blankies stolen away. Holy crap McConnell's antics, Ashley kicking around like a little crybaby and of course led by Miller who leads the best team in all the land because of his amazingness. Wow. Really amazing to watch the reaction of a bully team who comes out and gets bullied on their own court! Even though we lost it was priceless!

Really? Ashley got up from the "tie up" with a bloody nose and you want to say there was no contact? I don't expect you to agree but when bodily fluids flow there was contact...over all though...39 fouls total...the average across the nation this year is between 53-58...I will not deny that EVERY home court gets a few more calls their way...and we obviously did...but when players are getting physically hurt that denigrates the game and makes the whole point of reffing moot...if we had bloodied your players i would expect a call, regardless of who or where...

Mantua
12-06-2014, 06:20 PM
They played Arizona much tougher than anyone thought they would in an away game. There's a lot to learn from this game which will help out down the road. Karno was amazing. I do think that they underachieved. They can play better than that. Overall I'm proud of them. We led for most of the game and that fact won't go unnoticed. I'm waiting to see the killer instinct come out a little more and I HATE losing close games. It'll take a week to recover. I never could stand Miller. I can't believe how thrilled the crowd was to see the score tied.

GrizZAG
12-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Just shoot me..on second thought...Gonzaga is every bit as good as Arizona....good defense.....going to be a epic season...

Yep!

btzag
12-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Really? Ashley got up from the "tie up" with a bloody nose and you want to say there was no contact? I don't expect you to agree but when bodily fluids flow there was contact...over all though...39 fouls total...the average across the nation this year is between 53-58...I will not deny that EVERY home court gets a few more calls their way...and we obviously did...but when players are getting physically hurt that denigrates the game and makes the whole point of reffing moot...if we had bloodied your players i would expect a call, regardless of who or where...

Actually I said Ashley was kicking around like a crybaby but I never said there was no contact. Plenty of our players were shoved, hit, elbowed, etc in this game and none of them were pulling the antics of Ashley and especially McConnell screaming all sorts of crap at Pangos as he came down the court. In fact watch the reaction of the Zags against St Johns as one of our players got kicked in the face, broke his jaw and gave him a concussion. Complete class from all our players and especially our coach and leader Mark Few.

My point is the Cats like to be the bullies and physically dominate, but tonight they couldn't do it and I thought their reactions said it all.

seacatfan
12-06-2014, 06:28 PM

Yeah, I thought the most "punk" move of the night was Sabonis dragging Ashley down to the ground on that play. Which was an obvious over the back that didn't get called, for those complaining about the refs. I think some are letting their emotions get the best of them after a tough loss. Arizona is a class program. It's fine if you don't personally like Miller but I don't think he deserves some of the criticism he is getting on here. Same for McConnell.

john montana
12-06-2014, 06:38 PM
I had no problem with the officiating. I thought sabonis was fouled at the end, but they missed calls both ways.

McConnell had the biggest punk move of the night though...pasting Wesley on the back after missing a free throw? No one could actually think that was anything other than a way to show up your opponent. That kid played a great game, outplayed pangos on a big stage, he didn't need to do it...win with class.

seacatfan
12-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Honestly I didn't even see McConnell pat Wesley after the missed FT. I agree, it's unnecessary.

btzag
12-06-2014, 06:51 PM
I had no problem with the officiating. I thought sabonis was fouled at the end, but they missed calls both ways.

McConnell had the biggest punk move of the night though...pasting Wesley on the back after missing a free throw? No one could actually think that was anything other than a way to show up your opponent. That kid played a great game, outplayed pangos on a big stage, he didn't need to do it...win with class.

I want to get a lip-reader to watch what he was screaming at Pangos in the second half when he was freaking out and ranting all over the place at the zags and the refs. Pangos is classy, McConnell though is called a leader by ESPN...

maynard g krebs
12-06-2014, 10:58 PM
he loves the game and truthfully I think he was just saying "I get it" McKale is tough.

Can I urinate on your head and tell you it's raining?

dan71w
12-07-2014, 12:25 AM
#1 we where the underdogs going in most did not think we would win for good reason.
#2 it was a very hostile loud arena
#3 rank #3 team
#4 they had a top rated recruiting class and elite level defender even at nba standards
#5 big school, more resources

yet we had them reeling on there heels most the game, we controlled tempo, and did not crumple. we had an off night for our shooting capabilities and our only point guard was chased into exhaustion. And it was a one procession game, just 3 points, had it been a neutral, or our home game, i have no doubt we would have won. over all the team deserves so much praise they accomplished a great 38 minute game, just in the end, things did not go our way, happens, part of life. i am happy we showed well, and controlled for the most part the better team. the little school from Spokane acquitted themselves like champs.

ZagNative
12-07-2014, 01:01 AM
Great post, dan71w!

jazzdelmar
12-07-2014, 04:09 AM

Niiiiice, M; love it. The guy is clearly a see-no-evil fan but still......

Zagger
12-07-2014, 04:49 AM
Best game I've seen in a long time too. We played pretty good D - just didn't shoot all that well. Mistakes .... ??? I haven't seen a BB game without them. When you lose they stand out. When you win they're more/less forgotten. I was very proud of how our guys played. For me two stood out in what they brought to the game: Mt. K and Draino. Sure, others played well too but I really like seeing both of these guys do well. If Shemmick can get some effective coaching on FTs - that's all that's holding him back to be a great player and on the court at the end of a close game. Sabonis - I think he's doing very well for a Freshman that's used to European BB. I have no doubt he'll improve substantially throughout the season and that Gonzaga is the best place he could be to do it (great all around program and teammates). Bell and Pangos - I don't want to even think about next year without them - and they've still got the rest of the season to turn heads. Wiltjer - the year off will wear off soon enough. Wesley - indispensable (or dang near it). Wesley can make things look so easy. I'm sure glad he left USC and found GU! Nunez - a work in progress. If Angel can double down on learning/practicing good D he certainly has O skills to really shine as this year goes on (and I sure hope he gets another year per the NCAA!). Melson - can't wait to see more of him! Perkins - Boy, I don't even want to think how things may have gone last night if he had been in the game. Inexperience against the likes of an Arizona defense could have gotten the better of him (it certainly caused Kevin some troubles). Then again, if he'd have been in to give Kevin some bench time ..... 'speculation' could run wild bantering that 'what-if' about. Few? Few and the rest of the Zag program are tops in my book. We've got this great BB team to watch here in Spokane due to them. And the whole she-bang just keeps getting better. Win or lose I love watching the Zags play. They're all a fine bunch and about as unselfish as they can get. Few and crew have a program that brings out the best in players. Is it a perfect program? Why ask? There are no perfect programs. But I'm sure proud of this program and this bunch of players. That was one exciting game! And the season's young with more to come! Wow! Go Zags!
Oh Yeah, almost forgot: Alberts, Griffin, Triano, Bakamus, McClellan and Edwards: love seeing you guys cheering your pals on. What a class act! And, I guess I do have one gripe .... I want to see a Griffiin dunk! Go Zags!

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Great game, someone had to lose....MUCH better than last time anyways...

But NOW.........Arizona KNOWS we can play with them and probably should have won...and so do WE!!!! Okay, they get THIS game, at home...no problem...

but we get the NEXT one...which will be sometime in March, when we beat them on our way to the Final 4!!

+1.....would love to see a rematch in the Final Four.

This was a great game for the Zags to learn and build from. I don't think there are much more athletic, defensively intense teams the Zags will face that bring it like AZ, so Zags will know what's coming when they meet again in Indy. Having McLellan and hopefully Perkins to spell Pangos and Bell a bit will be huge then.

Love how PK stepped up...great passing out of double teams. Not meant to criticize, but he just seemed to be more invested in this game than any games to date. Hope he builds off this game and sustains that level now

abarefootboy
12-07-2014, 09:06 AM
I didn't feel like a loser at the end of the game.
I always do when we loose.
Not this time.
I looked back at each unfolding moment of the game . Each ball possession ... by each team .. each dribble .. each pass .. each shot attempt .. a moment in time ... like all the moments of our lives ... strung together like a shimmering pearl necklace.

I know .. I think of those " .. if only " s too ... yet ... such is life ... and in the end .. i forgive myself my mistakes .. and when it comes to this group of young men ... who work, sweat and hurt for each other , the school .. and for us the fans .. i easily transcend good and bad plays .. poor judgements ... this time ..i only feel deep love and full gratitude. How fortunate we are to call ourselves ' zags ' .... the grace of it all absorbs me.

hooter73
12-07-2014, 09:07 AM
I didnt think it was a great game, neither team played as well as they could. A great game is when both teams go balls to the wall and play as well as they can... but you gotta take whats coming, and adjust. Shots arent falling from the outside, move in. Thats where the coaching comes into play with tracking and attacking players in foul trouble, taking it to a freshman who doesnt play D every posession, utilizing a backup so your primary point guard isnt so tired and beat up that he cant lift his arms...

sittingon50
12-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Arizona hosts (currently) #17 Michigan (after a loss at home to NJIT with a lot to prove) next Saturday. Will help further show where the Zags stack up.

jim77
12-07-2014, 11:07 AM
I was worried coming in, would we match up? We matched up just fine. The guys did a great job of getting good shots in the first half....too bad they weren't falling.(that arena has "tight" hoops...unlike the kennels "pillowy" soft rims) If a team plays hard..gets good shots...and they don't fall..thats just the way it is. Honestly, had our shots fallen (and those shots usually do) we'd have gone into the half with a double digit lead...which would have made all those "what-if" scenarios a moot point. I iike how our guys handled themselves in a VERY hostile atmosphere...against some pretty darn good athletes. BRAVO ZAGS.

I was most worried about the big guy(Shem)....as Dan Dakich said:" He's the best man on the court". I agree. The bigger the game...the bigger Shem plays...a nice trait to have....he gave them fits in the middle. I also thought Kevin managed the game well...but a lack of blow affected him towards the end...wouldda been nice to have had Josh in there but.......Josh will be back. I thought KD played tough...I just really like Kyle's aggressiveness....and GBJ's too...I missed that" take to the hoop with authority" GBJ. We need more of it.

Back to KP...did you see what coach Miller did towards the end? He put their best defenders on KP knowing where most of the attacks start from...he understood the "tip of the spear" must be slowed down or else. He also knew that KP's back up wasn't availiable. Smart coach....and it did take some of the starch out of KP. That's respect for a player when an opposing coach does that.

All in all I thought the whole team played VERY well...that loss has done more for my Kool-aid drinking then ANY of our wins...now keep that intensity and go kick some Cougar Butt!

seacatfan
12-07-2014, 11:11 AM
I didnt think it was a great game, neither team played as well as they could. A great game is when both teams go balls to the wall and play as well as they can...

I agree. It was a competitive, hard fought game. Neither team looked great on offense, but I think it's a credit to the D both teams played.

ZagLawGrad
12-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Honestly I didn't even see McConnell pat Wesley after the missed FT. I agree, it's unnecessary.

Kind of wonder why that would not be a "T"? I didn't see it either.

AnonAzZagTemp
12-07-2014, 11:41 AM
I am not sure why anyone would think this was either funny or clever...I suppose this is a thing where you are from? Frankly I did not see what I think you imagined and was simply trying to suggest it if it did indeed happen the way you think it did it was innocuous...you however seem to think it warrants something personal...good for you but you are wrong. It's a college basketball game that neither of us played in.

Bogozags
12-07-2014, 04:39 PM

First off, AZ won the game as they were expected to do. GU should of won the game but it was not meant to be...the two actions by Ashley and McConnel had no bearing on the outcome of the game...BUT

I am a very passionate person when it comes to sportsmanship and doing the right thing and the down side of "winning at all costs" mentality, so you may wish to stop reading this post now!

One thing needs to be said and that is you would not see a ZAG player displaying such poor sportsmanship as McConnel did last night. "Game-men-ship" what the heck is that? If that is what it takes to win games, then the ZAGS don't want to win that way! Maybe that is what makes GU stand apart from so many, many other schools. They don't believe winning at all costs is winning!

Coach Few never criticized the Georgia player for kicking Perkins in the jaw, which was clearly a non-basketball move and since that player fouled out, they wouldn't call a flagrant foul. The next night a St. John's player intentionally attempted to trip our player and again, Coach Few didn't mention the classlessness of that act either. So when you mention that Ashley was intentionally bloodied by Sabonis then we know there was never any intent to harm/cause injury, because our players don't play that style. WE DON"T HAVE TO WIN AT ALL COSTS because at GU that isn't winning!

As a fan you may not be able to see those actions as questionable behavior, because they are so common at a lot of schools BUT as I have said earlier, GU doesn't recruit those types of players. It may be difficult but you should own up to McConnel's actions for what they are...poor sportsmanship and nothing else and those actions are what tarnish college basketball and it takes away from what AZ and other schools try to accomplish with their athletic programs - good will and publicity for University of Arizona.

DixieZag
12-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Arizona hosts (currently) #17 Michigan (after a loss at home to NJIT with a lot to prove) next Saturday. Will help further show where the Zags stack up.

We want AZ to beat them by 35.

zag67
12-07-2014, 05:07 PM
I want Arizona to win all of their games, until we meet in the tournament.

AnonAzZagTemp
12-07-2014, 05:28 PM
I want Arizona to win all of their games, until we meet in the tournament.

And we want you to beat UCLA like a dirty rug even though it will not improve our RPI...and frankly I think you will...

I would also like to see you beat SDSU because I just don't like them, I think Fishers situation is tough (with his son) but that should never be a focus or a point of issue at all in this level...and he doesn't mind if it is...both him and Sendak have suggested Miller plays dirty recruiting because we have taken players that were considering their schools, which is cheap in my opinion...he's just to whiney for someone who's been around that long.

RenoZag
12-07-2014, 05:37 PM
AnonAzZagTemp:

I re-watched the end of the game a few minutes ago; what I thought I saw in "real" time live action--and described in the post quoted above-- did not happen. After Wesley shot the airball, the camera catches TJ stepping towards the shooter and it appeared he patted Wesley. Well, that's not the case and after watching the sequence a couple of times, what TJ does is steps in front Wesley while he's clapping his hands and exchanging comments with the AZ players on the free throw lane. TJ did this after the second miss also.

What I thought I saw simply didn't happen, so I apologize for stating something I thought I saw as fact when it was not and kicking up a fuss.

Reborn
12-07-2014, 06:01 PM
A very good thread, and yes you're right Dixie Zag. I'm not AS angry today. But that loss did hurt, and some of it's still there today. However, we must all agree that the Zags played really good. Up until the last three minutes of regulation they played great and showed why so many people like this team. For 90% of the game the Zags looked tougher then the Wildcats. And that is really good news going forward, I believe. Dick Vitale called the Zags superb. I liked that. They are super. A tough loss in Arizona will only help this team going forward. This game will be one heck of a learning tool for the team. Lots to work on, and that's a good thing. The season is still young.

This loss will really motivate the team against WSU and UCLA next week.

AnonAzZagTemp
12-07-2014, 06:45 PM
I re-watched the end of the game a few minutes ago; what I thought I saw in "real" time live action--and described in the post quoted above-- did not happen. After Wesley shot the airball, the camera catches TJ stepping towards the shooter and it appeared he patted Wesley. Well, that's not the case and after watching the sequence a couple of times, what TJ does is steps in front Wesley while he's clapping his hands and exchanging comments with the AZ players on the free throw lane. TJ did this after the second miss also.

What I thought I saw simply didn't happen, so I apologize for stating something I thought I saw as fact when it was not and kicking up a fuss.Thanks for that you get respect points for correcting it, keeps people like me less suspicious we are actually going insane, (which might be the downside) I was not going to say anything after I watched again because I did not see it and just assumed my angle was bad or the live feed was different, I dunno I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt...so thanks!

Reborn
12-07-2014, 08:31 PM
I watched the game over again today. It's amazing how different it is the second time around. It was a great game that we lost in overtime on the road. Cudos to the Zags. The Zags did seem to not have any offense in overtime as Jazz pointed out. Kevin took it upon himself to pull out the victory and he came darn clsoe. The 3 point shot he DID MAKE was beautiful. It got the game to one point and then you know the rest of the story. I GREAT ending, yet sad. THERE were some plays at the end in overtime which really hurt, the turnovers by Kevin, the double dribble call on Sabonis with 19 seconds left in the game and the Zags had a chance to win it. We then had to foul McC, and he makes one of two, and then the 3 foul shots at the end. Classic ending to a great game. And great for Arizona fans. And now it's on to other great games. We have two of them next week. I'm looking forward to the game in LA against UCLA as much as I was looking forward to the game against Arizona. I think we will win that one for sure.

This is an open forum and I am glad it is. Sorry that some of you can't see it that way. I think it would be a VERY BORING place if we all came in here after a game or after a loss and just said, "Oh Well, boys. It was a great game. We'll get 'em next time." I am so glad that we have people running this forum who have an open mind and encourage freedom of speech. ONe thing I have always said, and always will, is that we are all fans of Gonzaga U basketball, and all of us make up a wonderful place call ZagNation. I have never been a people pleaser, and probably never will. And as far as I"m considered it's okay to be "pissed off" after a game and criticize the coach if that's how we feel. People who do that are as much a part of this forum as those of you who would never say a negative thing about Mark Few or the players. God bless you all, but it doesn't make you better then those fans who do. And you will not get a HIGHER PLACE IN HEAVEN for your self righteousness. (that is a joke so please laugh)

Go Zags!!!