• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ezag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Fantastic Game....Best I have seen in a long time

Felt like a championship game....Zags had there chances just and with all that talent there was no go to guy. Pangos was gassed and tried to force to much, Sabonis was off all game, Wesley played well just unlucky in the end, Bell put up a nice game despite foul trouble, Karno was money all night and Wiltjer was good at times but his defense needs serious work. As deep as we are supposed to be, didn't look that way today. I think maybe Draginis should have seen time in the end.
  • mendiant
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

AGREED!!! Great game!! Love my team!!!
    A Zag is generous.

A Zag knows he is much more than the sum of his stats.

A Zag has a desire to be part of something that is bigger than himself.

Comment

• basketballzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

1000%. Nothing to be upset with about tonight's loss. This game if anything proved that Gonzaga belongs in the Top 6.

Comment

• Zag4Hire
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

This should adequately prep the Zags for a game at War Memorial.

These OOC games mean more to Gonzaga then the Big 6 schools. Opportunity lost. Hey it's gone and learn from it.

Is there a coach, whether NBA or NCAA, that is the elite inbounds pass design coach? If so, throw buckets of cash at him and get him to GU for a clinic. Tired of it honestly.
        IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• 23dpg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Zags never trailed the entire second half. ( ot)
          The non call on Sabonis with 5 seconds left in reg time was a bummer. I understand why it wasn't called but he was steamrolled there. Not putting it on the refs, just saying, dang!
          Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I like miller but he was less than gracious after game. Blaming his teams poor play rather than the intensity of the game. Really bush.

Comment

• basketballzag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Those kinds of statements reflected poorly on him tonight.

Comment

• Birddog
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                I like miller but he was less than gracious after game. Blaming his teams poor play rather than the intensity of the game. Really bush.
                You're surprised? I think Miller is a little dooshy, always have.
                Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                All mimsy were the borogoves,
                And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Zag4Hire
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

? Way off--Miller was quick to get to complimenting GU and AZ did play bad in the first half. If you have any hostility, for me, it would be for McConnell. Honestly I was glad Johnson graduated because he was very difficult to defend. McConnell I thought acted like a punk and the ref should have warned him a couple times for taunting. I have seen tougher guys get punched in the face on the blacktop at the park for less than what he did.
                  IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• Marcus
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2013

Great game. We more than showed up. Controlled the play for the most part, played great D. I thought the turning point was when Byron made the layup and 1 but it was called a charge. I was confident until that play. Thought it was a bad call, oh well. Nothing to be ashamed of here. Good job Zags.

Comment

• ezcure17
                      Kennel Club Alum
                      • Feb 2009

Great game, someone had to lose....MUCH better than last time anyways...

But NOW.........Arizona KNOWS we can play with them and probably should have won...and so do WE!!!! Okay, they get THIS game, at home...no problem...

but we get the NEXT one...which will be sometime in March, when we beat them on our way to the Final 4!!
                      ZAG 4 LIFE

Comment

• DZ
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2007

I noticed that. I wanted to punk him for that, too. Looked like a little dweeb. His team got kicked around by a better team for 36 minutes. It's not our fault they don't have the fundamentals. I've thought he was a punk since backing up the guys at X.

I'll tell you, the foul should have been called over the back on Sabonis with 2ft to win, but whatever, an OT loss @ Zona is NOT going to cost us a thing. In fact, it will be treated as all but a win from here on out. If we take care of business, get through without a bad loss, we're FINE.
                        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                        Mark Twain.

Comment

• FuManShoes
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Yup. The Zags played their hearts out, played pretty great D for most of the game, got some calls, got screwed on many more, had the game won in regulation, made mistakes, and both got beat and beat themselves. You can't point at one thing. Draginis over performed. Pangos tried to do too much. Sauna made plays. The big story is we had a FF-caliber team beat on their home court. Story 1b is we couldn't seal the deal. Remember the effort, learn from the mistakes, carry on. This team is good. We'll play more meaningful ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                            Zag for Life
                            • Aug 2012

tough loss but a great game, like the announcer said, someone was going to walk off the court with a loss, point being too bad, as both teams are quality hard nosed teams

as it turns out arizona was tougher down the stretch, their defense clamped down on us at the end of regulation and in o.t.

but what did we learn? or at least I learned we are so much better than last years team. yes maybe arizona is not quit as good as last year. but lets recall some 8 months ago we were all embarrassed at how we were man handled in the tourney. this is such an improvement, now we are kind of pissed that we let one get away.

i have to think sabonis is going to figure out and correct his silly fouls. bring consistency to his game. melson will get more comfortable on the court. we get even deeper with josh and eric coming on board sometime in 2015.

good effort lads, heads up, lets get the next one!

Comment

• AnonAzZagTemp
                              Bulldog Fan
                              • Dec 2014

This is what Miller said about your team after our win "“We played Gonzaga because they’re one of the great teams in college basketball,” he said. “What Mark Few’s done there, it represents everything we want to do here at Arizona.”...that is not exactly bad mouthing you guys...he is generally very respectful of other teams, if he came across as blaming our guys for the close game that has no reflection on your guys at all...I can assure you he does not, nor will he underestimate your team in the slightest. He is always just a little bit hard on the team and in some ways he was right...STanley had a terrible game, RHJ worked overtime on defense and really did not get anything going on offense...

If I had a complaint it would be that our "phenom freshman" stood around and tried to impress the 30 NBA reps who were there and failed his assignment...be glad you guys don't have to play through the wall of ego's that come with all american recruits...our bench outplayed Stanley and York sat out clutch time and he's a starter...the ONLY reason you go to the bench with Miller is bad defense...whoever York had beat him pretty badly for him to sit out like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X