PDA

View Full Version : It's GAMEDAY! GU vs Arizona: What are you hoping to see this afternoon?

Reborn
12-06-2014, 06:36 AM
I want to see Wiltjer quiet his critics.
I want to read, on this board, after the game that Melson is as good as Reborn said he is.
I want Pangos to show he's an All-American
I want Pangos and Bell to show they are the best backcourt in America

7 is the magic #. I want to see Gonzaga hit 7 threes.

I want to hear the announcers say, after the game, that Gonzaga beat a very tough Arizona team. Quiet the critics.

Go Zags!!!

cjm720
12-06-2014, 06:56 AM
The free throw battle will be key IMO. We need our best effort. Play hungry but minimize the silly fouls.

Lead the way, Mr. Pangos!!!

SteelZag
12-06-2014, 07:22 AM
I would like to see the Zags cover the over/under on Arizona dunks(under) and shot rejections in the paint by 'Zona(under).

I'm apparently much greedier than you Reborn. I would like to see 10 threes. I'd much rather see a 3pt attempt with a chance of a possible long rebound than continually forcing the ball inside with a subsequent TO or a floater swatted into the fourth row.

Recipe for victory is simple. Shoot close to 50% from the field, limit TO's to 10 or less and as Bobby Knight says, "make more FT's than 'Zona attempts."

I just want to see a competitive effort. I know winning in 'Zona's arena is a tall order, but not impossible.

Wildcats lost 2 home games, Cal and UCLA in 2012-2013.

Three's to keep the crowd quiet along with limiting run outs and Zags have a great chance.

Hoopaholic
12-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Handle double team,on the block with minimal turnovers
Hit the open jump shots
Limit transition baskets

Win

raise the zag
12-06-2014, 07:30 AM
A basketball team is like the five fingers on your hand. If you can get them all together, you have a fist. That's how I want them to play.

Word.

Zagger
12-06-2014, 07:32 AM
Connor Dunking!
http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/zagcheshire.png

Arizona Zag
12-06-2014, 07:34 AM
With everything said GU is a much better team this year. AZ is not the team of last year. We all put are shorts on the same way. AZ does have the court advantage with there fans, I feel AZ will need more than just that. Any team could win today.....my money is on the ZAGS. I hope the refs let them play. Go Zags see you in Tucson!

raise the zag
12-06-2014, 07:40 AM
With everything said GU is a much better team this year. AZ is not the team of last year. We all put are shorts on the same way. AZ does have the court advantage with there fans, I feel AZ will need more than just that. Any team could win today.....my money is on the ZAGS. I hope the refs let them play. Go Zags see you in Tucson!

All good points Arizona Zag.

Enjoy the game in person. Cheer loudly for our Zags - win or lose!

At this point, I feel the quote, "I hope the refs let them play" should be cemented in your signature...

LongIslandZagFan
12-06-2014, 07:42 AM
A basketball game?

Seriously though... I'd like to see them play a tight and efficient game offensively. From some of the Zona games I saw, if the Zags can get up to the 80s... they have a shot at winning.

raise the zag
12-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Seriously though... I'd like to see them play a tight and efficient game offensively. From some of the Zona games I saw, if the Zags can get up to the 80s... they have a shot at winning.

True.

Wildcats on a 56 game streak of holding opponents under 80 pts. Impressive to say the least.

DixieZag
12-06-2014, 07:55 AM
A basketball game?

This is really embarrassing and may be indicative of some lingering PTSD from the tournament - but I just want to see that we're in the game ten minutes in - BC - then I think we'll settle in and be in the running throughout. I'm worried there is some lingering doubt about the turnover situation early in the game.

Other than that, I think the key is we'll have to have a very good shooting game. We have to knock down the 3s. A 3-14 Marriott Center special is not going to do it this afternoon.

RenoZag
12-06-2014, 08:15 AM
As goes Pangos, so goes the Zags.

Would really like to see a GUnit thread hit the board about 4:20 this afternoon. . .

Good luck Zags !!

Zags11
12-06-2014, 08:34 AM
A win.

TravelinZag
12-06-2014, 09:18 AM
A great team effort. Defend well, on and off the ball. Aggressive on the boards, and don't get rebounds knocked out of your hands while you're looking for an outlet. Better to forego the break opportunity than turn the ball over.
Shoot well from everywhere, including bunnies from underneath and the FT line where the game could be decided.
A close result, and a class reaction regardless of result. Something tells me the Zags and Cats may meet again this year.
A win would be spectacular, and virtually guarantee a top ten ranking all year and a top four seed with placement in the PNW. A well-played, close loss doesn't eliminate those possibilities, just makes them harder to earn.
A couple of bounces/calls our way.
Play your game; make yourselves proud. The result will take care of itself, and we'll back you all the way. Go Zags!

jazzdelmar
12-06-2014, 09:24 AM
No one on this board had addressed the most confounding aspect to today's game: the 2:15 start time!!! Odd, eh?

bballbeachbum
12-06-2014, 09:28 AM
A great team effort. Defend well, on and off the ball. Aggressive on the boards, and don't get rebounds knocked out of your hands while you're looking for an outlet. Better to forego the break opportunity than turn the ball over.
Shoot well from everywhere, including bunnies from underneath and the FT line where the game could be decided.
A close result, and a class reaction regardless of result. Something tells me the Zags and Cats may meet again this year.
A win would be spectacular, and virtually guarantee a top ten ranking all year and a top four seed with placement in the PNW. A well-played, close loss doesn't eliminate those possibilities, just makes them harder to earn.
A couple of bounces/calls our way.
Play your game; make yourselves proud. The result will take care of itself, and we'll back you all the way. Go Zags!

+1 strong with the ball, first to the floor, fastest down the court both ways and let's see what happens

DixieZag
12-06-2014, 10:01 AM
No one on this board had addressed the most confounding aspect to today's game: the 2:15 start time!!! Odd, eh?

In one way or another, football dictated the decision. of that we can be certain.

dan71w
12-06-2014, 10:13 AM
a clean game,officials not forcing the game against us.
no injuries.
i would most like to see big K dominate all game, make them kitty cats afraid of their own basket.
by second half i want these cats afraid of the court from the rain of threes falling.

abarefootboy
12-06-2014, 11:25 AM
a simple reminder ~

rip em' up boys

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r197/abarefootboy/everymemberofthisteamisatoothonabuzzsaw_zpsf26ec38 8.jpg (http://s144.photobucket.com/user/abarefootboy/media/everymemberofthisteamisatoothonabuzzsaw_zpsf26ec38 8.jpg.html)

Jstock12
12-06-2014, 12:03 PM

That's awesome. Still not that late in Lithuania :D