PDA

View Full Version : Two new Zag propects!

BobZag
09-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Shannon Reader of Lake Oswego, OR, has committed and Kayla Standish of Ellensberg, WA, is looking very promising.

Angelo Roncalli
09-12-2007, 09:01 PM
#71 ranked player in the nation. ****

http://www.hoopgurlz.com/player/kayla-standish

young julez
09-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Kayla played with the Spokane Stars, not much written about Shannon, but I am sure that Coach Graves has done his homework. Both are 6'2 post players which is what we need to replace Hawk and Santos, and add to the guards that are already on the team.
Great Job to the coaching staff!

HRZag
09-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Not only is Kayla 6'2", but she is a hurdler and jumper. Agility and speed baby.

lothar98zag
09-13-2007, 12:07 PM
congrats to the coaches and welcome to the players.

BobZag
09-13-2007, 05:04 PM
I believe, strongly, that Kayla will be a Zag within short order... And I think there is a good chance that Kingma and the Russian girl Alina are Zags before long. It'll be another dynamic class for Coach Graves.

Shannon's upside potential is what drew GU's interest. She's somewhat similar to Maria Hassett, but a bit bigger/taller. :)

MickMick
09-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Hmmm. I heard a rumor that Kayla Standish may be playing at Columbia Basin Junior College next year. I won't add anything more to it or speculate why except to add that it came from a coach's mouth.

melvinmarks
10-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Reader has never started for Lake Oswego and wasn't very impressive when she played in last year's state tournament. Some kid from Central Catholic dominated her when d she got into the game. I wish her the best of luck, but Maria Hassett or Hawks , she ain't.

With respect to Standish, it was hard for me to determine how good she was this summer..the team she played on wasn't very good and in the game i saw in Seattle against a team from Portland, she did little as her team lost by about 40. I heard she can light them up if she isn't guarded on the perimeter/

melvinmarks
10-31-2007, 07:25 PM
I do not think that Standish will play post in college. She will do much better at the wing.

BobZag
11-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Kingma re-committed to UW and the Missouri girl (Alina) committed to K-State. Close, but no cigar.

I think Kelly Graves views Reader as someone with potential, who could redshirt to develop. She has a great body for playing the post. Standish is the real deal; most of the Pac-10 wanted her.