PDA

View Full Version : Kennel Club .... salvaging things

seasontixholder
12-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Lots of empty seat tonite in the first half. The outer perimeter of the KC was pretty sparse. Many empty seats elsewhere. Dead, mainly.

But a first happened. At halftime, at least 150-200 kids leaked into the MAC and almost filled the student section. Evidently sensing that that team needed them, they came in with a ton of energy.

SELU scored 4 points in over 11 minutes, in response. It was hilarious to witness. Thanks for making an otherwise bland game and a bitterly cold evening fun.

This is a crazy year.

Zaggin' it
12-02-2014, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=seasontixholder;1054754
But a first happened. At halftime, at least 150-200 kids leaked into the MAC and almost filled the student section. Evidently sensing that that team needed them, they came in with a ton of energy.

[/QUOTE]

Nice thought, but the more likely reality is they were showing up for the postgame distribution of WSU tickets and couldn't be bothered to show up for a "lesser" opponent. Probably wouldn't have been there at all of not for the promise of tickets to the WSU game.

But hey, let's hang their jersey up.

ZaGranny
12-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Actually, I am guessing they came in late to be there for the ticket sales to to WSU game at the arena. They had to be at the game to buy the tickets, but nothing said they had to be there for the whole game.

ZaGranny

seasontixholder
12-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Do you really think that WSU tickets were/are a big incentive? Really?

Ekrub
12-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Do you really think that WSU tickets were/are a big incentive? Really?

Yes.

seasontixholder
12-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ... there were hundreds just realizing "damm, I'm not gonna get WSU tickets, I gotta put on my red Tshirt ....