PDA

View Full Version : WCC Ranked 7th Best Conference

bigblahla
12-02-2014, 12:33 PM
It's early but nice to read.....

7. West Coast

Gonzaga has a legitimate shot at a national title, even if observers who reflexively and breezily label this group of Bulldogs "the best team Mark Few's ever had" did spend 2012-13 in a cave. (The Zags had a legitimate shot that season too. Wichita State, I salute you.)

And that pretty much sums up the WCC. Sure, Brigham Young is built to please with its potent offense, breakneck pace and broad-minded tolerance of opponent scoring. And any true fan wants to see what feats Saint Mary's big man Brad Waldow can perform in his senior season. But whether the nation's No. 7 league turns out to be the West Coast, the Atlantic 10, the American or some other conference, we will likely look back on 2014-15 and say there was a noticeable gap in performance between this group and No. 6.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11967350/big-12-tops-conference-rankings-college-basketball

Go!! Zags!!!

Kiddwell
12-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Not convinced. Had BYU managed to win ONE of its two overtime games in Hawaii, OK. If USF didn't have two losses (and no good wins).

*USF can turn it around if they beat Colorado and/or Eastern Washington (who beat Indiana @ Indiana).

*Also, if SMC can beat Boise State and Creighton, THEN Kiddwell will believe.

Otherwise... :fingergun:

:[

MBAGael
12-02-2014, 01:58 PM
As of today, the WCC is forecasted to end up 7 in RPI:

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confrpi.html

Kiddwell, we also are playing St. John's at their place.

Kiddwell
12-02-2014, 02:52 PM
As of today, the WCC is forecasted to end up 7 in RPI:

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confrpi.html

Kiddwell, we also are playing St. John's at their place.

Hi, MBAGAEL. Hope the Gaels win all three. They'd be great wins. Also, watched SMC beat New Mexico State the other day. Saw some solid play as the Gaels pulled away.

Kiddwell hopes the WCC sends three teams to the Big Dance.

:]

MBAGael
12-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Agreed, we need three teams in the big dance every year. Would also be nice to get two in the NIT too.

kitzbuel
12-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Agreed, we need three teams in the big dance every year. Would also be nice to get two in the NIT too.

Can the Gaels get into the tournament with at least two more losses? :cool:

gonzagafan62
12-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Can the Gaels get into the tournament with at least two more losses? :cool:

I'm saying at least three. I'm greedy. I like the tourney championship too. However, I do agree there needs to be 3 teams in the tournament from our conference. Every year.

VaBeachZAG
12-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Not convinced. Had BYU managed to win ONE of its two overtime games in Hawaii, OK. If USF didn't have two losses (and no good wins).

*USF can turn it around if they beat Colorado and/or Eastern Washington (who beat Indiana @ Indiana).

*Also, if SMC can beat Boise State and Creighton, THEN Kiddwell will believe.

Otherwise... :fingergun:

Here's hoping EWU totally demolishes USF! Regardless of consequences to the WCC's national reputation, I will always root for EWU over any WCC team (except GU). Yes, I hold degrees from both GU and EWU.

Zippyzaggy
12-02-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm just happy to see the WCC trending up in the "Best Conference" list. Seems not too many years ago I recall the WCC being like 12th or 13th best conf.

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-02-2014, 05:31 PM
The top three teams are all in the Top 25 of the RPI. That helps.

Nobody is ranked below 258. That also helps.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/standings/conference/WCC

willandi
12-02-2014, 08:12 PM

How can this be right? didn't USF win the National Championship with Bill Russell?

sittingon50
12-02-2014, 10:41 PM
How can this be right? didn't USF win the National Championship with Bill Russell?

You know, I may have heard something about that in an old history class. Think I'll mosey over to Dawn's Mental & see what I can ascertain.