• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vanzagger
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

The big picture

First, this is going to be hard to screw up.

Now, Defense wins championships. Why did Nunez only get a few minutes in his hometown yesterday. His length is very disruptive to the other teams' flow. When he came out we had our biggest lead. A few minutes later not so much.

Mark Few's system is a big turd when the going gets ruff and teams value every possession. We have seen it before. You think he could grow.

We have 15 guys on this team that can score. What did an announcer say the other night? We don't draw plays up for Wesley? If I had Few's play book I would have a big warm fire tonight.

Focus on D
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Went with our biggest advantage --our biggest bigs---it won the game.

Scoreboard.

Driving on.

Go Zags.

Comment

• BigTymeONIONS
      Bulldog Fan
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
      Went with our biggest advantage --our biggest bigs---it won the game.

Scoreboard.

Driving on.

Go Zags.
      Few finally took Karnowski out for defense and Dranginis gets a steal. About the only stop we had in the last 5 minutes of the game. Would have loved to see Nunez, he is much more capable on D against a team like SJ.

Comment

• Ekrub
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Vanzagger View Post
        First, this is going to be hard to screw up.

Now, Defense wins championships. Why did Nunez only get a few minutes in his hometown yesterday. His length is very disruptive to the other teams' flow. When he came out we had our biggest lead. A few minutes later not so much.

Mark Few's system is a big turd when the going gets ruff and teams value every possession. We have seen it before. You think he could grow.

We have 15 guys on this team that can score. What did an announcer say the other night? We don't draw plays up for Wesley? If I had Few's play book I would have a big warm fire tonight.

Focus on D
        Nunez has been fantastic this year but not the guy I play if we value every possession.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Ekrub View Post
          Nunez has been fantastic this year but not the guy I play if we value every possession.
          He turned it over moments after he entered the game.

Comment

• Vanzagger
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Why did Few wait until the 2nd half to play him? Because he's Mark Few. HOF coach Mark Few. Master of game management.

Comment

• Ekrub
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              Missed a majority of the second half as I was headed to the airport, but it doesn't surprise me. Nunez can be a valuable weapon for this team but he is loose with the ball. Don't think this was the game for him. He will be our best player in a few more games this year though

Comment

• Ekrub
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2009

Why did Few wait until the 2nd half to play him? Because he's Mark Few. HOF coach Mark Few. Master of game management.
                What are Nunez TO numbers first half/second half this season?

Comment

• sittingon50
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Tell us how you really feel, Mrs. Romar.
                  But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• mgadfly
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Right now I think the casualty of the eight man rotation Few usually runs is going to be Nunez. That isn't a knock on him considering the guys we have in front of him at all, but that's the way it's looking.

Wiltjer scored thirty some the night before and I don't see anything wrong with getting him minutes and trying to get him back in the swing of things after a redshirt year.

Sabonis is a monster. He had a heck of a game and deserved to be out there every second he played.

Karno changes the game with his size alone. When they really cut the lead GBJ played off a guy in the zone defense who nailed a three and the other possession was a three ball as well. The only blame Karno should take for that is he is so intimidating that instead of driving at the hoop they settled for outside shots. He did miss two huge free throws, but I liked the offense/defense Few went with for the bigs down the stretch.

I'd have had no problem with Nunez being in there (even with the quick turnover) but I can't see any fault with playing the three other bigs the way he did.

Nunez is the fourth big. It's awesome to have one as good as he is, but the fourth big isn't going to get a lot of minutes in any coaches system.

Comment

• Vanzagger
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Nunez had a game where he played near 30 and I think we won by near 50. I like those numbers.

In my world Few figures out how to play Sabonis, Dranginis, & Nunez more without taking too many away from Karno, Wesley, & Wiltjer. It might get to lengthy for Few's comfort zone though.

Even better, Pangos and Bell each pick 4 others, shift every 5 minutes, and Few goes to Hawaii until mid May.

Comment

• Ekrub
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2009

Nunez had a game where he played near 30 and I think we won by near 50. I like those numbers.

In my world Few figures out how to play Sabonis, Dranginis, & Nunez more without taking too many away from Karno, Wesley, & Wiltjer. It might get to lengthy for Few's comfort zone though.
                        1) who was that opponent?

2) that implies taking minutes from pangos, bell, and Melson. Sorry but those three are not going to cede minutes to dranginis and nunez no matter how much you love length.

Comment

• mgadfly
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Ekrub View Post
                          1) who was that opponent?

2) that implies taking minutes from pangos, bell, and Melson. Sorry but those three are not going to cede minutes to dranginis and nunez no matter how much you love length.
                          Maybe it implies a lot more overtime games?

Comment

• vandalzag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Even better, Pangos and Bell each pick 4 others, shift every 5 minutes, and Few goes to Hawaii until mid May.
                            What color is the sky in your world? You have expanded from being and internet coaching expert to a time wizard able to increase the playing time for players while not increasing the amount of minutes in the game. Maybe in your world your teams would be allowed to have up to 8 players on the court at any given time. No wonder you are such a coaching savant, poor Few has to play by the rules and actually coach a real team. If he wanted a challenge he should come here and match wits with you in hypothetical games that is where the true coaches exist.

Comment

• Ezag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

fire mark few!

Comment

Working...
                              X