PDA

View Full Version : What are you hoping to see tonight when GU plays St. John's ?

Reborn
11-27-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm sure that everyone will say two things. I'd like to see if Mark Few plays Melson. And the other is I sure hope Gonzaga plays some defense tonight. I also hope Wesley has a good game. He couldn't hit anything last night. I feel he needs to score on his drives, and if he doesn't it hurts the Zags. Georgia took the three point shot away from us, and that really opened up the middle for Wiltjer. That was one reason why he had such a great game. But others, like Wesley and Dranginis need to attack the rim.

I would really like to see Gary Bell wake up on offense. He took one shot last night. I would like him to assume more responsibility on the offensive end. After all, he is a senior.

More 3 point baskets. Zags had only 4 last night and none the second half.

As I have said, I love Wiltjer and Pangos so I hope to see them continue to play and score at a high level.

Go Zags!!!

Reborn
11-28-2014, 07:32 AM
I would like to see Silas Melson play tonight, even if only for 5 or six minutes. I'm sure he won't hurt them much. I waited all summer to see him play, and I was disappointed that he red shirted this year. I would like to see if he can help the Zags win this game tonight against St. John's.

I know that the Red Storm are undefeated so far this season. I also know that they believe they have something to prove to their fans and to America tonight. I get that. However, so does Gonzaga. Do the Red Storm think the Zags will roll over for them tonight? I know that the fans in the Garden will be hyper for the Storm. However, Gonzaga has played in many arenas across America and have seen and handled rabid fans. This is a mature Gonzaga team. The Red Storm surprised Minn but Minnesotta is not Gonzaga. The Zags will be ready tonight.

I am hoping to see Karnowsky and Sabonis play a game without getting into foul trouble. I am hoping, and pulling for, Sabonis to show America that he does know how to play basketball. He too will be ready tonight.

Go Zags!!!

IowaSERE
11-28-2014, 07:37 AM
I want to see Sabonis have a big game in front of his dad today. I saw that he was in the stands last game and wonder if that had a negative affect on him.

Does anyone know of Arvydas has been to any of the Spokane games?

gonzagafan62
11-28-2014, 07:40 AM
I kind of hope Melson stays on the bench until we play SE Louisiana. I don't think playing him in a game like tonight will help his confidence at all. We need to get him confidence if in fact we do burn that redshirt. Keep him on the bench, please.

Would like to see our guys wear down St. Johns and get a good win tonight. This would be one we can hang our hat on if we can win this one.

DixieZag
11-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Melson. MSG is the perfect place to breed confidence, if he can make it there....

Zone defense to protect the bigs b/c StJ will go right at them like UGA

Sabonis and Nunez play much better

Win

Ezag
11-28-2014, 07:57 AM
Better defense. St John's is #16 in defensive efficiency and athletic.

Reborn
11-28-2014, 11:47 AM
I just watched the game over and what I'd really like to see tonight is that FIRE burning in the guts of the Zags. We have seen the Zags play some pretty good D this year, and we've seen them play with intensity and hustle. I would like to see that tonight. I hope to see that fire, that hustle after lose balls. I know St. Johns will play with fire, so the Zags need to be ready to go to war tonight. There's no games this weekend so I hope they go home with the championship trophy. That would be nice.

Go Zags!!!

CaliforniaZaggin'
11-28-2014, 12:17 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/11/28/coachs-corner-gonzagas-mark-few/19556583/

El Zag
11-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Silas Melson

Zaglaw
11-28-2014, 12:30 PM
no injuries

and a win, of course

dan71w
11-28-2014, 12:51 PM
no injuries, a win, and an officiating crew that does their job correctly.

Zagger
11-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Admirable officiating & Zags win by 20+ via 15+ each from Bell & Pangos.
Go Zags!

raise the zag
11-28-2014, 01:15 PM
I want to see Sabonis have a big game in front of his dad today. I saw that he was in the stands last game and wonder if that had a negative affect on him.

Does anyone know of Arvydas has been to any of the Spokane games?

Same.

Sabonis has been in foul trouble in 3 of 5 games we've played.

This hasn't been mentioned much, yet a somewhat concerning trend for me. Whether we feel its the refs fault or not, its still happening.

Sabonis is a highly, HIGHLY effective and efficient player when he gets into the flow of the game.

He has YET to log over 20 mins in a single game and while he had terrific performances vs SMU & St Joes, he faced foul issues at some point in the game -- 1st or 2nd half.

He's committing fouls that he could easily prevent in most cases. He's been whistled for a handful of rebounding fouls i.e. over the back, late reach, swipe, etc. Nearly as bad as a "dead ball" foul.

Admire his passion, intensity, physicality, motor, yet not when its keeping him off the floor. Sabonis is a [18 yr old] man amongst boys when he get's going, yet Georgia game and 1st half of St Joes is a great example of hurting himself.

For a late season push and to have a chance vs the elite, one could argue Sabonis is our most important piece, not named Pangos.

Anyone notice its Sabonis setting the emotional tone in most games thus far? We have quiet assassins such as GBJ/Wiltjer/Wesley, we have bonafide bball players, such as Pangos, stoic players such as PK, yet its been Sabonis in every game who has made the right play and got us 'over the top' or 'fired up bench', or SHOWED his emotion.

Literally and figuratively, "flexing our muscles".

We desperately need to find the balance of allowing Sabonis to play with heart/emotion/want-to, while keeping him under control. Domas should never, ever log less than 20 mins for any reason, whatsoever.

This team needs him for more than just his skill, height, play, but also his emotional leadership this team FEEDS off of -- just as important in clutch games.