PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU-Georgia

Section 116
11-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Hudson-Santangelo: wire to wire but not that easy, Georgia cut the lead to single digits numerous times in the second half. Saw some adversity, they had to make some plays and they did, tonight the plays came from the free throw line. There was an opportunity for GU to really seize control in the first half but Georgia really hung around, you never really had the feeling that GU had seized control. Georgia picked up the defensive intensity in the second half, moved their defense up to the free throw line.

Wesley-Tonight we faced a lot of adversity, they made a lot great shots, but we made our free throws, Bell, Sabonis, and Karnowski in trouble and I couldn't make a shot to save my life tonight but we know there will be someone else to pick up the slack. Hudson noted Wesley keeps filling up the stat sheet. Wesley said I never played with this many talented guys in my life so some of the plays come easier. Few wanted us to get more free throws up so a lot of guys are coming in in their off time and putting up free throws. We knew Georgia would play physical and tough but we did a good job of sticking with the game plan.

Michaelson: Fouls physical play, some shots not going down, the game was beautiful the first ten minutes, but Georgia has some big physical guys in there and they did a good job of mucking things up. Oor guys were frustrated some but they hung with it. OUr depth was really tested tonight with the fouls and the injury. Wiltjer had to play 35 minutes because of our foul trouble. What I 'm just proud of with Witler is he made 13, I think, 2 point shots and I don't think Georgia saw that coming. Kevin made it four and half game before a turnover. Perkins injury looked bad, looked like he took a shoe or somethihg to the face but I just don't know,we'll have to check him out tonight. St john's is very, very, athletic. It will be a true road game for us because the Garden is like a home court for them. A Friday night in the Garden with St john's in the NIT final, I imagine it will be full of folks pulling for St John's. Pangos 10-10 free throws, 6 assists, 1 TO and 22 points. 29 assists 1 TO in first 5 games of Pangos's senior year. Added content: Santangelo said I just love Byron Wesley, he's never had the opportunity to play in the NCAA's and he's just doing anything and everything he can to help this team. He is a real asset! And a stat of note, Georgia's bench outscored GU 22-11.

ZagLawGrad
11-26-2014, 09:20 PM
Thanks Sir!

bballbeachbum
11-26-2014, 09:22 PM
appreciate this write up you do after each game all these years. You are awesome!

DixieZag
11-26-2014, 09:23 PM
So, they don't know how bad the foul was to Perkins yet until they see a replay and see an intentional knee to the head. I guess that explains the lack of anger.

Obviously I'm still furious about it.

And, yes 116 - This is a hugely appreciated service you do. Thank you so much.

RenoZag
11-26-2014, 09:26 PM
appreciate this write up you do after each game all these years. You are awesome!

Indeed. Thanks again Section 116 for the radio recap.

Mantua
11-26-2014, 09:27 PM
That kick should never have happened in a basketball game. Maybe the coaches didn't have a clear view like we did. I don't trust Coach Fox and don't want to see his face again. Furious too.

roxdoc
11-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Was Knox the Georgia coach the night they laid out Pargo in the Arena game?

CdAZagFan
11-26-2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the post Section 116 - I had to walk away after the game - the game was very ugly (mainly Perkins injury). The one thing that surprises me is the bench points. I thought for sure that would be our advantage in just about every game.

CDC84
11-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Was Knox the Georgia coach the night they laid out Pargo in the Arena game?

I believe Dennis Felton coached that team.

That would be Mark Fox.....