• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Jared Cunningham sets up visits

Cunningham has a handful of unofficial visits coming up this fall. Arizona State will host the four-star guard on October 20. He is headed up to Gonzaga and Washington State on the weekend of October 27. Cunningham added that he would like to get to UNLV for a visit this fall, too.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • USF
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Cunningham

BobZag,

I know some people who coach out in the east bay and they say that Jared Cunningham wants to stay close to home for college. If Cal had a better coach/program, he'd be a Bear. I know they are after him. His dream is UCLA, but I understand they have already signed a couple of higher ranked guards.

Also, I am hoping for Larry Gurganious to have a good year. I met him once and he is a great kid.

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

Unlv

Bobzag, thanks for the welcome yesterday, I have always appreciated your posts. I found myself chuckling when I heard that a kid was interested in both GU and UNLV thinking there could not possibly be anyone in the world who would be attracted both. But I stopped myself realizing it has actually been a loooonnnngggg time since the Tark conspiracy and that since I sort of recall them having a good year it is theoretically possible that it is a quality program at this point and run by people of intergrity. Even so, the arena is still only a few blocks off the strip!

DZ
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

Jared is an "only child" so, yes, staying close to home may be a factor and Cal could land him. He and his family are expressing interest, though, so Few can't pass on a recruit of his caliber. Working in GU's favor is three nearby games every year in the WCC. Not as many as Cal, but...

UNLV is trying its best to capitalize on its Sweet Sixteen last season. Lon Kruger is pretty crafty.

Comment

• webspinnre
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Pretty impressive that Cunningham is unofficially visiting WSU, and what that says about their profile. Obviously I want him at GU, still.
          I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• ZagNut08
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

The only benefit I could see is that he will get the extreme contrast of a small school like gonzaga and a large state school at wsu...maybe it can help he see how much more he prefers the smaller setting or vice versa

Comment

• roxdoc
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

A large school in a definitely rural setting vs a small school in an urban setting. Spokane is admittedly not overly large, but compared to Pullman....

Comment

• BobZag
                Dark Lord of the Zag
                • Jan 2007

More

“I’m gonna visit Arizona State on October 20. On October 27th I’m gonna visit Gonzaga and Washington State…being away from home doesn’t bother me. Wherever the best program for me is that’s where I’m gonna go to.”

There’s a chance that he may pledge in the next couple of months. “I could see myself making a decision before my season starts and just getting the recruiting over with,” he said.

Comment

• spudzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Early Committment?

Originally posted by BobZag View Post

There’s a chance that he may pledge in the next couple of months. “I could see myself making a decision before my season starts and just getting the recruiting over with,” he said.
                  That's amazing. Seems really early. I'd expect parents of an "only-child" to be very cautious making sure the situation was right for their son. I'd expect a safe choice. Committing before this year's high school season seems rushed, not the indepth cautious review I'd expect.

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

WSU & GU on the same day (weekend)? That will be a whirlwind. Good luck to the Zags.
                    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• BobZag
                      Dark Lord of the Zag
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by spudzag View Post
                      That's amazing. Seems really early. I'd expect parents of an "only-child" to be very cautious making sure the situation was right for their son. I'd expect a safe choice. Committing before this year's high school season seems rushed, not the indepth cautious review I'd expect.
                      I think Jared is just saying that. His father will accompany him on these visits. WSU plays UCLA in Pullman the 27th. I hope it's 35 degrees, windy and sleeting down there. And warm and sunny in Spokane.

Comment

Working...
                      X