PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs St Thomas Acquina POST GAME thread.....share your thoughts

Reborn
11-22-2014, 09:53 PM
GU 109 and ST Thomas Acquinas 55. My crystal ball was working very good last night. I had it 107-56. That made me happy.

Nunez was mind blowing. Awesome. He was just entertaining tonight. It was worth to see him. I bet it was great live. I imagine it was nice seeing Wesley running the court and making some very delightful basekts including a few nice dunks. I thought Wiltjer played quite well also, making 17 points and 11 boards. Nunez also had 11 boards and 0 turnovers. Wesley had 22 points and five boards. Sabonis had 19 points on 8 of 8 shooting, but most of those were layins off of great passes, many on the fast break. Same with Wesley. The Zags' fast break was awesome tonight. Gonzaga put on a clinic on how to run the fast break tonight. The Zags had 47 rebounds and 24 assists, lead by Pangos and Perkins with 6 each. Perkins did have 5 TO's though and Pangos 0. Our so called SUBS scored 50 of the 109 points. Few prefers to go "old school" and he calls subs subs, not reinforcements. I prefer basketball lingo to military.

It was not a night for our guards, yet I think we may have been close to 10 three-pointers anyway. Nunez was banging them in. That's the most beautiful thing about this team. There are so many players who can lead this team in scoring. Almost every night now it's been a different guy. The other great thing about this team is that defenders on the other team are having to guard our 3 pt shooters, and that is leaving the lanes wide open for our bigs. We were just too big for St Thomas Acquinas.

An entertaining game as I had hoped for. I do love watching this team play.

gonzagafan62
11-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Every game I watch with Wesley and Nunez I get more and more impressed. Wesley is following through EVERY play and that will help down the stretch a ton!!!! I am so glad we have him on the team. He is extending possessions and helping us add to the scoreboard. I am also very impressed with Nunez. He is finally finding the role on this team and starting to really contribute like we all thought he could. He is becoming a very vital piece to this gonzaga basketball team and trust me we wil need him if we wanna go far and reach our potential this season

Zag 77
11-22-2014, 10:05 PM
This is the second or third game Griffin has failed on a clumsy dunk attempt and Coach Few did not looked real pleased. It is one thing to dunk in practice or in Kraziness in the Kennel, but maybe Mr. Griffin should just stick to layups in games. I like Connor Griffin and hope he earns more playing time, but he needs to understand that he does not want to be a resident of Coach Few's Doghouse.

Reborn
11-22-2014, 10:08 PM
I am too. I'm kind of tired of it really. Why doesn't he play basketball and stop showing off. I heard so many positive things about him this summer. I was really looking forward to see him play. So far I am NOT IMPRESSED at all. I believe Few may need to rethink the red shirt Melson is wearing.

WBM
11-22-2014, 10:09 PM
This is the second or third game Griffin has failed on a clumsy dunk attempt and Coach Few did not looked real pleased. It is one thing to dunk in practice or in Kraziness in the Kennel, but maybe Mr. Griffin should just stick to layups in games. I like Connor Griffin and hope he earns more playing time, but he needs to understand that he does not want to be a resident of Coach Few's Doghouse.

I hadn't noticed Few's reactions, but my brow is furrowing more and more when I see him with the ball. With his hops, he could get up high enough to make layups a very efficient way to score for himself. I like Connor, but I'd definitely like to see him improve more on defense and ball handling. Missing dunks in garbage time is only fun for so long...

ZagnetitForce
11-22-2014, 10:12 PM
He is playing to the KC, nothing wrong with that.....trying to excite the crowd.

gonzagafan62
11-22-2014, 10:12 PM
I am too. I'm kind of tired of it really. Why doesn't he play basketball and stop showing off. I heard so many positive things about him this summer. I was really looking forward to see him play. So far I am NOT IMPRESSED at all. I believe Few may need to rethink the red shirt Melson is wearing.

I wouldn't go as far as undress hiring Melson but I would tell griffin to stop trying to dunk. I think you are right Born just stop trying to dunk and play basketball

Zagger
11-23-2014, 02:01 AM
He is playing to the KC, nothing wrong with that.....trying to excite the crowd.

Agree :-) When Connor nails one it's gonna be LOUD! The Mrs. & I got to go to the game last night. We were sitting center court, upper stands, with a great view of the court and of the Kennel Club. Wow, that was fun. A woman sitting next to us was the Mom of one of the kids in the KC. The kid came over @ half to visit - she was having a blast. College basketball is ..... college basketball. The team was having a good time and so were all in attendance. The atmosphere did not have the feel of a typical blownout game. I for one hope Connor continues to excite KC and make the times he's in the home games special/different.

bartruff1
11-23-2014, 05:39 AM
I am just glad it is over... and no one got hurt...

DixieZag
11-23-2014, 05:57 AM
I am just glad it is over...

I stopped watching at half. Maybe that makes me a bad fan, but I switched over to the football game.

I just always feel bad for the other team and once it is out of hand, I usually just can't watch anymore.

GonzaGAW
11-23-2014, 08:00 AM
team played great and in particular nunez, he made the moves, the block, the shots, credit to him!

here is the yeah but, sub level league opponent. I remember last year kyle dranginis had a break out game, went for 30 points. looked like a world beater, but he hasn't had a game since that has come anywhere close to that one game.

that having been said I do think nunez has potential to be a strong contributor to the team. in fact already showing that he is such a contributor.

bartruff1
11-23-2014, 08:23 AM
team played great and in particular nunez, he made the moves, the block, the shots, credit to him!

here is the yeah but, sub level league opponent. I remember last year kyle dranginis had a break out game, went for 30 points. looked like a world beater, but he hasn't had a game since that has come anywhere close to that one game.

that having been said I do think nunez has potential to be a strong contributor to the team. in fact already showing that he is such a contributor.

Great minds..I had the exact same thought...

Rangerzag
11-23-2014, 08:37 AM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/St+Thomas+Aquinas+v+Gonzaga+PJHK0W1JJagl.jpg

A photo is worth a multitude of words.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/itm8e3a-cHK/St+Thomas+Aquinas+v+Gonzaga/PJHK0W1JJag

Zags11
11-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Easy, solid win which it should. Yea Griffin dunk attempts are eh to me.