• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzagafan62
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

Undefeated WCC Foes ---- Who stands tallest? Gonzaga information included:

Which of the WCC Undefeateds will fall first? (I am not going to include Gonzaga (you guys can if you would like), I hate predicting on my own team, so lets do the others please?)

I will lay out the schedules of the next five games for each of the WCC undefeated teams. (This will also help us keep up on our foes and hopefully they win some games for our conference sake)

San Francisco -- vs Hawaii vs Montana @ Colorado vs Houston Baptist vs Eastern Washington

Portland -- vs SIU Edwardsville vs Murray State vs Drake vs Valparaiso vs Portland State

Saint Mary's vs UCIrvine, Cal Poly, Boise State, @ Creighton vs Northern Arizona, Bonus: @St. John's --- This might be the most critical stretch for the WCC right here. SMC needs to step up and win these games.

Pepperdine -- @Iowa, Cal State Northridge, Cal State Fullerton, @ Arizona State, vs South Alabama, Bonus x2, vs Howard, vs Richmond
    --- Win one of Iowa, Arizona State, please?

BYU: San Diego State (if they win they get winners bracket in Maui, if they lose, boy they get Chaminade.... Another huge game for the WCC) ... vs Eastern Kentucky, @Utah State, vs Hawaii vs Utah Bonus x 2 @Weber State, vs Stanford.

Lots of critical stretches for the undefeated WCC teams.
    Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Which of the WCC Undefeateds will fall first? (I am not going to include Gonzaga (you guys can if you would like), I hate predicting on my own team, so lets do the others please?)

I will lay out the schedules of the next five games for each of the WCC undefeated teams. (This will also help us keep up on our foes and hopefully they win some games for our conference sake)

San Francisco -- vs Hawaii vs Montana @ Colorado vs Houston Baptist vs Eastern Washington

Portland -- vs SIU Edwardsville vs Murray State vs Drake vs Valparaiso vs Portland State

Saint Mary's vs UCIrvine, Cal Poly, Boise State, @ Creighton vs Northern Arizona, Bonus: @St. John's --- This might be the most critical stretch for the WCC right here. SMC needs to step up and win these games.

Pepperdine -- @Iowa, Cal State Northridge, Cal State Fullerton, @ Arizona State, vs South Alabama, Bonus x2, vs Howard, vs Richmond
    --- Win one of Iowa, Arizona State, please?

BYU: San Diego State (if they win they get winners bracket in Maui, if they lose, boy they get Chaminade.... Another huge game for the WCC) ... vs Eastern Kentucky, @Utah State, vs Hawaii vs Utah Bonus x 2 @Weber State, vs Stanford.

Lots of critical stretches for the undefeated WCC teams.
    Ironic but I think Portland stands the best chance, based on my limited knowledge.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
      Ironic but I think Portland stands the best chance, based on my limited knowledge.
      Ill take San Francisco then. I think they can give some trouble to the Buffs. Would be nice to see Pepperdine Saint Mary's and BYU have some success over the next two weeks or so.

15 Straight Round of 32s

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
        • Feb 2007

USF... only two potential losses are Hawaii and Colorado... of the two... @Colorado is more likely... that said my gut says they go through unscathed.
        Portland.. Two biggest challenges... Valpo and Murray State... gut says Valpo beats them.
        Gaels.. That is the toughest slate. Boise State, @Creighton and @SJU... Thinking of the bunch... @Creighton might be the toughest to come away with a W.
        Pepperdine... streak ends in the first game vs. Iowa.
        BYU... Hope they beat SDSU... Think they can win the rest of the slate listed...
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• maynard g krebs
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2009

Confusing OP. Is it "who stands tallest" or "who falls first?"

Comment

• gonzagafan62
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
            Confusing OP. Is it "who stands tallest" or "who falls first?"
            Who is going to stand tallest (undefeated) last. I am sorry for the tricky wording. Sometimes I confuse myself. Basically there are some rough stretches coming up for the undefeated teams listed above. I wanna know who is going to be undefeated last, and who is going to have the more impressive wins.

15 Straight Round of 32s

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

Comment

• amaronizag
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Jul 2013

Pepperdine is the first to fall by losing to Iowa and San Francisco is the last to lose by winning all of the games listed above.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
                Who is going to stand tallest (undefeated) last. I am sorry for the tricky wording. Sometimes I confuse myself. Basically there are some rough stretches coming up for the undefeated teams listed above. I wanna know who is going to be undefeated last, and who is going to have the more impressive wins.
                Thanks. Guess I'll go w/ Portland based on the schedules. Assume some of those are neutral site; can't all be home.

Think USF will give Colorado a game but wilt late at elevation.

SMC can take Irvine if they hit their 3's but they won't get much from Waldow inside against Andre the Giant or his little 7'2 backup. Good chance v Boise at home; they played at Boise last yr right?

Pepp probably loses at Iowa.

Comment

• UberZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Well the question in the thread was who fall first while the thread was title who stands the tallest.

Pepp loses to Iowa and BYU to SDSU so without looking at the schedule whichever of those two play first will the be first to fall.

UP has the best chance of outlasting the others; SMC second best chance--with @Creighton being their toughest test in that stretch
                  If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• adoptedzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

As an Aside I cant wait for the USF EWU game. EWU has a fun them to watch and jacks up a lot of threes.

Comment

• sittingon50
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Mon. 11-24-14

BYU/SD St

PEP/Iowa

BYU has a chance. Pep; not so much.
                      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2007

St. Mary's falls right away,
                        Irvine was beating Arizona with only 7 minutes left in the game, they must be good

Comment

• FlyZag
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                          St. Mary's falls right away,
                          Irvine was beating Arizona with only 7 minutes left in the game, they must be good
                          IIRC SMC lost to AZ by only 3 at their secret scrimmage.

Comment

• Reborn
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

I will be rooting for both St. Mary's and BYU to go undefeated in OOC play. I would love it so conference play will be even more awesome then it already is. I think that both St. Mary's and BYU are much better then most basketball fans know right now. Both teams are playing very well. I wish both these teams good luck, and will be pulling for BYU in Maui. I think our first conference game is against BYU. Wouldn't it be great if both teams are undefeated?

I think that one of the two will be the last team standing. I'm going to pick BYU.
                            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• CdAZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2013

Only saw them play in the Tip-Off Marathon, but St. Mary's looked less talented then in previous years. If they didn't have Aaron Bright, they looked like a middle-of-the-pack WCC team... Hope I'm wrong and hope BYU and St. Mary's have good OOC results.

Comment

Working...
                              X