PDA

View Full Version : Will Arvydas Sabonis pay a visit?

FuManShoes
11-21-2014, 08:27 AM
Wondering if the elder Sabonis will pay a visit to the Kennel this year. Any word? It would be a treat to see him and John Stockton sitting side by side, assuming Stockton will come to games now that David's moved on. With a team like this, who wouldn't want to catch the show - distraction concerns be damned!

gonzagafan62
11-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Wondering if the elder Sabonis will pay a visit to the Kennel this year. Any word? It would be a treat to see him and John Stockton sitting side by side, assuming Stockton will come to games now that David's moved on. With a team like this, who wouldn't want to catch the show - distraction concerns be damned!

IIRC he was at one of the games this week, and I do remember him coming to games before David came, so I know John will be here a lot as usual. Cannot comment on Arvydas much more than saying its not Yourvydas, Myvydas, its Arvydas.

WBM
11-21-2014, 08:38 AM
I forget which game it was, but I saw John Stockton's smiling face in the crowd at least once this season so far. It'd be cool to see Arvydas in attendance.

Zags_Fanatic
11-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Bumped into Stockton at the SMU game on Monday. I would be shocked if Arvydas made the trip, he has been very hands off during the whole recruiting process. IIRC he was supposed to fly to Malaga to discuss Domas' future and it got delayed a couple of times. I'm not sure if he ever made it out. Sounds like he is supportive of his sons but they have taken their own path while he is in Lithuania heading up the Lithuanian Basketball Federation.

Oregon Zag
11-22-2014, 11:09 AM
I met Domas at Kraziness in the Kennel and asked him if his dad was going to come to any games. He said yes, he would be coming.

gonzagafan62
11-22-2014, 11:26 AM
I met Domas at Kraziness in the Kennel and asked him if his dad was going to come to any games. He said yes, he would be coming.

Nice to hear. Go zags

sittingon50
11-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Wonder if he'll challenge Mr. Heister to a game of one on one (call your own fouls).

WBM
11-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Wonder if he'll challenge Mr. Heister to a game of one on one (call your own fouls).

:roll:

DixieZag
11-22-2014, 12:38 PM

Or just a game of HORSE, where Sabonis challenges Heister to make a shot while saying something true.

I'm glad to hear he's coming. I'm sure every parent wants to see their son/daughter play, many (if not most) don't have the money to even come across this country, never mind an ocean - so it's nice that his parents can.

Virginia Zags Fan
11-22-2014, 06:27 PM
It would be awesome to have him in the Kennel. It would also be great if he attended the games in NYC. The WCC Tourney and NCAA Tourney would also be really cool.