PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the hype... the hype! The real questions is...

Kong-Kool-Aid
11-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Okay, really now people... we have polls suggesting we could beat NBA teams?!

I understand everyone is excited, but we've seen a very small sample size this year, lets give the team a chance to meet up with some higher quality opponents away from the Kennel. Only then will we start to see what we have.

So, with all of this hype talk... lets take things in perspective... I want to hear your prediction on the date this board has its first "The Sky is Falling" meltdown?

I predict after our second game in New York.

gonzagafan62
11-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Okay, really now people... we have polls suggesting we could beat NBA teams?!

I understand everyone is excited, but we've seen a very small sample size this year, lets give the team a chance to meet up with some higher quality opponents away from the Kennel. Only then will we start to see what
So, with all of this hype talk... lets take things in perspective... I want to hear your prediction on the date this board has its first "The Sky is Falling" meltdown?

Nope no sky is falling stuff we will win both games in MSG no worries

Kong-Kool-Aid
11-20-2014, 06:05 PM
So you don't think there will be any board meltdowns this year? Bold prediction indeed!

gonzagafan62
11-20-2014, 06:12 PM
I like to go bold AND spicy

MDABE80
11-20-2014, 06:40 PM
I don't remember anything in press that might say the Zags could beat Arizona let alone and NBA team:) Anyone?

3zagda
11-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Heck with that! I am going to go make some more Kool aid!

gonstu
11-20-2014, 06:46 PM

When we get the two seed in kentuckys region!

Virginia Zags Fan
11-20-2014, 06:46 PM
We are talking about 18-23 year olds. Student athletes who have basketball, tests, papers, finals, and girls on their minds. It is impossible to play at a top level of intensity every night. They are going to lose some games this year. Maybe to someone unexpected and a bad loss, maybe three total losses for the season including the NCAA tournament.

With that said, what makes this team so special is the senior leadership which dampens the highs and lows. Also having a 9-deep rotation at this moment where every single player could be the G-Unit on any given night also decreases the chances of suffering a bad loss.

I am on the Bulldog Express and already drank the cool-aid with this team. The only thing I am worried about is too much press hype and too much pressure on the guys with the big expectations. It is only a matter of time before microphones will be in their faces asking them all manner of insane questions.

OZZY
11-20-2014, 06:57 PM
When we get the two seed in kentuckys region!

This!

Virginia Zags Fan
11-20-2014, 07:09 PM
This!

Yep....