PDA

View Full Version : The Best Gonzaga Basketball Team Ever: All Aboard the Bulldog Hype-Train!

bennettrank
11-17-2014, 01:25 PM
Our writer Colt feels confident this team will be among the best Mark Few has coached. Do you agree? You'll find his arguments and analysis in the article below

Feature In-Depth Article - The Best Gonzaga Basketball Team Ever: All Aboard the Bulldog Hype-Train! (http://www.bennettrank.com/collegebasketball/best-mark-team-ever-aboard-gonzaga-basketball-hype-train/)
ALL ABOARD THE GONZAGA HYPE TRAIN!! CHOO CHOOOOOO!! Iíll be your conductor, please take your seat and prepare for departure. First stop Spokane, last stop Final Four. There arenít even other stops!! Letís talk about why....

bartruff1
11-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Colt is a WSU football fan ?...somehow that gives me some concern about his judgment.

As I believe the Coach has said...they haven't accomplished anything yet and it is a lot easier to be the worst team than the best team, the bar is pretty high.

I will wait till the end of the year...my own tentative opinion based upon their entire body of work...is no way...not close....give me a break...

I suppose it is possible that I am wrong and I will be the first to admit it if I am...... next April.

Regardless, they are my favorite team this season.

Mr Vulture
11-17-2014, 01:50 PM
It's been one game...come talk to me after December 6th, then we'll have a better idea of where we're at.

gonzagafan62
11-17-2014, 01:53 PM
I am not going to get on a hype train on November 17, 2014.

We've played one game against Sac State, and our defense looked good. WE will be playing two grind them out defensive teams this week in St Joes and SMU.

Can we get the demons off our back against Arizona? (or at least look good in a loss and win the other 2 Pac12 games?)

Can we win the NIT?

Will the defense hold up against superior competition?

Can we stay healthy?

Lot to get through even before conference play begins. I am sure you will see hype trains being started everywhere if most of this list is complete.

coolhandzag
11-17-2014, 01:57 PM
The hype means little more then the pre-season polls.

One bite at a time, please. The teams shows promise....a lot of it, but lets be careful. It's a long way til March, but it will get here in a hurry.

If squad will grind on the the defensive side, eat glass and execute on the offensive side good things will happen.

Seedings and the bracket will take care of themselves.

maynard g krebs
11-17-2014, 02:02 PM
I'm firmly on the hype train, and believe this should be the best Zag team yet. Big front line, great shooters, unselfish, great passers, and appear to be playing defense, the only real question about how good they can be, with great effort.

A couple problems with that article that I'd edit, though.

One is saying that GU is more known for transfers out than in. Dickau, Knight, Downs, Wiltjer don't outweigh Goodson and Gibbs? Um, ok.

Second is suggesting Sabonis will get mopup duty in WCC blowouts. Might want to do a bit of rewriting on those points.

Also, those rankings based on last year are irrelevant now.

Some credibility issues here.

I'd add one more thing, though more subjective: in that Okie State game, the refs had to call those fouls. Okie St was playing really rough, and the Zags had to respond in kind. If the refs don't rein that stuff in, you get a bunch of missing teeth and broken noses.

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Our writer Colt feels confident this team will be among the best Mark Few has coached. Do you agree? You'll find his arguments and analysis in the article below

Feature In-Depth Article - The Best Gonzaga Basketball Team Ever: All Aboard the Bulldog Hype-Train! (http://www.bennettrank.com/collegebasketball/best-mark-team-ever-aboard-gonzaga-basketball-hype-train/)
ALL ABOARD THE GONZAGA HYPE TRAIN!! CHOO CHOOOOOO!! Iíll be your conductor, please take your seat and prepare for departure. First stop Spokane, last stop Final Four. There arenít even other stops!! Letís talk about why....

In terms of talent and depth you may be right, but heart cannot be measured until adversity is faced.

RenoZag
11-17-2014, 02:22 PM
It's been one game...come talk to me after December 6th, then we'll have a better idea of where we're at.

I was holding out until December 14th. . .

TheZagPhish
11-17-2014, 02:29 PM
http://f.cl.ly/items/3l3s2N0c3R3Q2V3y3i24/zags-kool-aid-sm.jpg

DixieZag
11-17-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm fully on board. I know better. But, I just don't care.

I think we've got more talent than ever, a schedule that lines up well, and the experience to get it done.

Just me. I hope I don't eat these words tomorrow, but they are mine now.

Reborn
11-17-2014, 03:44 PM
There is definitely hype in the air. There are more analysts talking about GU making it to the Final Four then ever before. I have always believed that Gonzaga was the Little Train Who Could. The first year I was posting on this board I talked about that little train a lot. And maybe this is the year that that little train will get to the top. It never hurts to believe. As most know I've always been a believer. And I couldn't leave 'em if I tried. Also because of the fact that this is the first post by Bennetrank, and I know it takes a lot of balls to post a thread like this one here on this Board, I am not going to leave him standing by himself up against the HILL. Let's get on GU train and ride, ride, ride. Let's ride it all the way to the top, one track at a time. Clickity clack, clickity clack, clickity clack.

The words from one more song. "People get ready. There's a train a coming. Don't need to tickets you just get on board." When that train comes you'd better be ready or your gonna miss it.

Go Zags!!!

bartruff1
11-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Josh, Matt, Pargo, Downs, Austin, Gray, Goodson had some talent..some depth....

ZagaZags
11-17-2014, 03:53 PM

I'm drinking some now.

Dogtownkid
11-17-2014, 03:54 PM
All this hype makes me nervous. Let's wait till we've won a few.

Reborn
11-17-2014, 04:09 PM
All this hype makes me nervous. Let's wait till we've won a few.

What makes one nervous makes another happy and giddy. I like the hype. It does taste like electric Kool-Aid

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-17-2014, 04:16 PM

Please, someone, do us all a favor and make tee-shirts of the Zag kool-aid jump!

Great pic ZPhish

Reborn
11-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Please, someone, do us all a favor and make tee-shirts of the Zag kool-aid jump!

Great pic ZPhish

With the words, BULLDOGS HYPE TRAIN or People get ready. There's a Train Comin

Zagger
11-17-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm one foot firmly on board and the other tippy toeing in the station. Whether that foot still is off-train or on will likely be decided tonight. I really like the looks of this team. I believe they'll give SMU and the pundits a bit to whine and jaw about. But ... this is college basketball we're talking about. SMU won't go down easy. It'll take the best Zags ever to really show them up. Go Zags!

Reborn
11-17-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm one foot firmly on board and the other tippy toeing in the station. Whether that foot still is off-train or on will likely be decided tonight. I really like the looks of this team. I believe they'll give SMU and the pundits a bit to whine and jaw about. But ... this is college basketball we're talking about. SMU won't go down easy. It'll take the best Zags ever to really show them up. Go Zags!

See you on board, PZF

Reborn
11-18-2014, 09:00 AM
After a pretty good thrashing of SMU last night the TALKING HEADS are really hyping the Zags this morning. I know some fans don't like all the hype, but when the team plays this good it's bound to happen. The GU HYPE TRAIN is pulling out in a few and heading for the next stop with St. Joe's tomorrow night. "People get ready, there's a train a common. You don't need no tickets you just, GET ON BOARD." jOIN US ON THE GU HYPE-TRAIN. WE'RE ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN.

Go Zags!!!!

gonzagafan62
11-18-2014, 09:02 AM
After a pretty good thrashing of SMU last night the TALKING HEADS are really hyping the Zags this morning. I know some fans don't like all the hype, but when the team plays this good it's bound to happen. The GU HYPE TRAIN is pulling out in a few and heading for the next stop with St. Joe's tomorrow night. "People get ready, there's a train a common. You don't need no tickets you just, GET ON BOARD." jOIN US ON THE GU HYPE-TRAIN. WE'RE ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN.

Go Zags!!!!

You sold me Reborn. I am on!

Zagceo
11-18-2014, 09:05 AM
One man's hype is anothers confidence!

Lots of Tickets available for game in Tucson for those interested!

jagwalkley
11-18-2014, 09:18 AM

Great pic ZPhi#### is still way to early,but it is something we should all be enjoying.I'll be the one of the first to get a shirt and a bunch for xmas presents.Please post if someone gets it going?? What a great idea.If we stay healthy and learn to improve on the obvious(fowl shooting) we may get a pleasant surprise in March.

Reborn
11-18-2014, 09:20 AM
It is still way to early,but it is something we should all be enjoying.I'll be the one of the first to get a shirt and a bunch for xmas presents.Please post if someone gets it going?? What a great idea.If we stay healthy and learn to improve on the obvious(fowl shooting) we may get a pleasant surprise in March.

I'm with ya. I would love to have that kind of shirt to wear all year. Hope someone knows someone who can get er done. I know a teacher at a local HS that I can talk to.

Reborn
11-18-2014, 09:21 AM
You sold me Reborn. I am on!

You got that "toe" on the train now. Good, gonzagafan62. I was worried about ya hetting it stubbed. just jokin....

gonzagafan62
11-18-2014, 10:14 AM
You got that "toe" on the train now. Good, gonzagafan62. I was worried about ya hetting it stubbed. just jokin....

Lol love your sense of humor Reborn. I am on but very nervously. Love the team. Hope it keeps on, like we think it will. Lets take care of business tomorrow.

Go Bulldogs!