PDA

View Full Version : Adam Morrison & Larry Brown

LAZAGFAN11
11-15-2014, 12:57 PM
Anybody else sensing there's more to the GU vs SMU game on Monday night? When Adam was traded to the Lakers from Charlotte, Larry Brown called out (http://seattletimes.com/html/othersports/2008951954_digs31.html) Adam for not being able to handle the pressure of being a lottery pick.

"I was happy Adam got to leave because he was never comfortable here," Brown said.

Expectations rattled Morrison, Brown said.

"As the season progressed, I sensed [his frustration]. You'd hear some things in the crowd and see him react," Brown said. "So I had some talks with him and that's when I realized [how unhappy he was.] He said all along he's never felt comfortable here.

"He told me everybody had high expectations. When you're the third pick in the draft, that's just the way it is. It's not going to change."

At Lakers practice, forward Morrison said, "Larry has a certain type of guy which fits his mold and I just didn't fit his mold."

Here's to hoping the Zags crush Larry Brown's team in the Kennel on Monday night.

Zagger
11-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Crushilate, crushadoddle, crushasize, you bet - send 'em home a cryin' for Mama! I sure hope both sides of the Kennel are up and rowdy. This could very well be a Zagnation statement game. After the beatdown I sure hope other big BB schools have their knees a shakin' when just thinking bout playin' the Zags in Spokane. I so wish I was going to this game - just too slow on the draw for getting any Bulldog Club tickets. GO ZAGS! CRUSH SMU!

bartruff1
11-15-2014, 03:17 PM
My sense is that he is a Hall Of Fame Coach and that Morrison has no one but himself to account for his career in the NBA.

This will be one of those games that Few will find himself up against a coaching legend and the floor will be a chess board. Hopefully Mark will have more pieces to move. He won't outcoach Brown.

He should be given credit for playing a home and home. It is a very difficult task to travel that distance and play in such a hostile environment and it will be a big challenge for the Zags next year.

I am really looking forward to the series.

DixieZag
11-15-2014, 03:27 PM
My sense is that he is a Hall Of Fame Coach and that Morrison has no one but himself to account for his career in the NBA.

This will be one of those games that Few will find himself up against a coaching legend and the floor will be a chess board. Hopefully Mark will have more pieces to move. He won't outcoach Brown.

He should be given credit for playing a home and home. It is a very difficult task to travel that distance and play in such a hostile environment and it will be a big challenge for the Zags next year.

I am really looking forward to the series.

Good point re: agreeing to the home and home.

I am sure Brown is a HOF coach, I am becoming more and more confident that there could be 2 HOF coaches on the sideline tomorrow (Few's still young).

It will be fun to see someone like Brown at a game at Gonzaga. The experience of this '92 grad ("The Lost Years") was near twilight zone seeing Izzo and Mussberger on the Gonzaga floor. Likewise seeing "Arizona" and "UCLA" splashed on the uniforms of the opposing team on campus. After 16 years, still kinda surreal, anyone over 40 y/o, tell me I'm wrong.

Mojo13
11-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Lots of blame to go around. Adam was never worthy of being a lottery pick and obviously could not live up to it. The organization was idiotic for drafting him that high.

I could only imagine Adam's career if he was a late first rounder with an organization an fan base with realistic expectations. He could have had a respectable career as a role player and could still be in the league.

coolhandzag
11-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Lots of blame to go around. Adam was never worthy of being a lottery pick and obviously could not live up to it. The organization was idiotic for drafting him that high.

I could only imagine Adam's career if he was a late first rounder with an organization an fan base with realistic expectations. He could have had a respectable career as a role player and could still be in the league.

A career in the NBA is half chance regardless.