PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Sacramento State game predictions and what you hope to see tonight.

Reborn
11-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Ok!!! The season is on. FINALY. I'm so excited. It's been a long off season.

Gonzaga 87
Sacramento State 61

There is so much that I am hoping to see tonight. This is going to be the first time I've seen the Zag's play this year. So, like many fans, I'm just hoping to see the team play the way that I think they can. I am so excited about seeing the new players play, guys like Perkins, Wiltjer, Wesley and Sabonis. I recall the heavy involment we Zag fans, who post here, had with recruiting Perkins, and I remember the joy I felt when he signed with GU. And I had that exact same feeling over a year ago when Wiltjer signed with GU. The same for Sabonis. Wesley was more of a surprise, yet I was very excited to hear the news. Gonzaga was going to be a good team anyway because of all the returning talent: Pangos, Bell, PK, Dranginis and Nunez, but with the addition of a very talented recruiting class it looked to be over-the-top. IMO it's a wonderful mix, and the Gonzaga staff did a super job of recruiting all of these talented players.

I'm just excited about seeing GU play tonight and see what they are like. I'm a shooting guard at heart; so I can hardly wait to see our 3 point arsenal led by my favorite player Kevin Pangos. Of all the things I will be hoping for this year, it will be that Kevin and Gary have a great, great senior year that I will wish for the most. As exciting as it to have so much talent on this team, my hope is that these two great Zags, who have given so much to this program the last 3 years, just finish their careers at GU with a great year. I had also hoped so deeply that Kyle Wiltjer would be a Zag back when Gonzaga was recruiting him 3 years ago. I was so disappointed when he went to Kentucky. But now I'll be getting to see him play in a Zag uniform, so I am also so very excited to see him have a great season.

Go Zags!!!

bartruff1
11-14-2014, 08:56 AM
zags 89 -67....Taylor Swift

zagamatic
11-14-2014, 09:14 AM
While I don't normally wish anything bad for anyone (Sacramento State), I'd love to see a score that drives fear into the hearts of future opponents. Something like 125-40. Yeah, that'd do. But in all seriousness, I'd just love to see an aggressive side to our assumed starting 5. Because I don't know about Wesley, but Pangos, Bell, Wiltjer and Karnowski could all use a tiny bit more of a mean streak in em.

ZAGGED OUT
11-14-2014, 09:20 AM
GU- 94
Sac- 68

KP goes for 22 (16 first half), Sabonis off the bench for 13 and 7.

DixieZag
11-14-2014, 09:24 AM
GU - 84
Sac - 57

Coach's and Wesley's message re; "Defense" is taken to heart in the first game, offense suffers (slightly), Sac held to 23 in the first half. Everyone plays.

Oh! ETA: I will be disappointed if Pangos/Bell play more than 20-24 minutes each. The whole idea is keep them healthy and rested. Big game Monday.

Salsageek
11-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Win by 40
Keep them below 60 pts

99 GU
59 Sac St.

LongIslandZagFan
11-14-2014, 09:34 AM
Hornets - 175
Bullpups - 40

I know I haven't been too accurate the last couple years. But I think I nailed it on this one.

Zag 77
11-14-2014, 09:46 AM
I predict that Karnowski, fresh off a few sessions with Karnak the Magnificent will go 8-8 at the free throw line. This will cause several heart attacks among the old farts in the season ticket section and an overload of ambulances pulling up to MAC.

gu03alum
11-14-2014, 09:47 AM
Hornets - 175
Bullpups - 40

I know I haven't been too accurate the last couple years. But I think I nailed it on this one.

I think you need a

https://s3.amazonaws.com/giphymedia/media/YjyBgkF4Ymxnq/giphy.gif

ETA:

Gonzaga 97
Hornets 68

titopoet
11-14-2014, 09:49 AM
GU 107
Sac State 62

I think the faster tempo continues form the exhibition and GU breaks 100.
Sac State played at a good chip as well, so I think they play faster and get caught trying to run with the Zags.

Kenpom has GU winning 80-61, but I think it has GU too low in its format at the start.

titopoet
11-14-2014, 09:51 AM
I think you need a

https://s3.amazonaws.com/giphymedia/media/YjyBgkF4Ymxnq/giphy.gif

ETA:

Gonzaga 97
Hornets 68
Taco in the sky
http://media.giphy.com/media/X1tTJzw2LMyIw/giphy.gif

Salsageek
11-14-2014, 09:53 AM
Speaking of Tacos...
I believe this year they are doing Doritos tacos instead of Coffee. I'm sure we will be hearing "We want Tacos!" Chants.

amaronizag
11-14-2014, 10:02 AM
GU wins 98-70

We always run, run, run and put up high scores in the first few games of the season before slowing down the pace in the first tournament. With the arsenal we have this year, I hope we are averaging over 80 points per game ON THE ROAD at the end of the year instead of the low 70's in most years.

LongIslandZagFan
11-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Taco in the sky
http://media.giphy.com/media/X1tTJzw2LMyIw/giphy.gif

I see your sky taco and raise you a space taco:

http://f1.bcbits.com/img/a3802269152_10.jpg

cjm720
11-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Zags 95; Sac 63

titopoet
11-14-2014, 10:28 AM
I see your sky taco and raise you a space taco:

http://f1.bcbits.com/img/a3802269152_10.jpg

Good God not a Internet taco war on opening day of what promise to be the season of destiny.

http://media.giphy.com/media/Ecz51X5IAD5DO/giphy.gif

LongIslandZagFan
11-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Good God not a Internet taco war on opening day of what promise to be the season of destiny.

http://media.giphy.com/media/Ecz51X5IAD5DO/giphy.gif

I can't top that one. Bravo, sir, well played.

jim77
11-14-2014, 10:37 AM
A "W"...and no injuries.

hooter73
11-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Run em down, run em out.

... and I hope Heister's microphone breaks early and often.

ZagNative
11-14-2014, 11:39 AM
:clap::clap::clap:
I predict that Karnowski, fresh off a few sessions with Karnak the Magnificent will go 8-8 at the free throw line. This will cause several heart attacks among the old farts in the season ticket section and an overload of ambulances pulling up to MAC.

Reborn
11-14-2014, 11:45 AM
thanks for a number of good laughs this afternoon. A good way to warm up for the game at 6.

former1dog
11-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Carnage, I see the Bulldogs hamstringing the hornets by a whole lot. There will be tears flowing into the American River tonight.

Mantua
11-14-2014, 11:47 AM
The Kennel Club will blow out the broadcast audio and no one will care.

dadair
11-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Run em down, run em out.

... and I hope Heister's microphone breaks early and often.

I don't wish Heister ill, but I sure hope someone has taken him to the woodshed and explained the duties of the play-by-play guy. Be a homer -- I don't care about that -- but at the very least keep us informed of key substitutions, etc., and then let the smart guys connect the dots.

More than that, I hope GBJ comes out aggressive and stays aggressive. IMO, we haven't seen everything he has to offer.

gonzagafan62
11-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Carnage, I see the Bulldogs hamstringing the hornets by a whole lot. There will be tears flowing into the American River tonight.

Im predicting boozes will be drank, and tacos will be eaten.

However, I think the Bulldogs pull it out. 100-38. Then Sacramento State goes unbeaten from this point forward.

Go Bulldogs

gonzagafan62
11-14-2014, 11:49 AM
I don't wish Heister ill, but I sure hope someone has taken him to the woodshed and explained the duties of the play-by-play guy. Be a homer -- I don't care about that -- but at the very least keep us informed of key substitutions, etc., and then let the smart guys connect the dots.

More than that, I hope GBJ comes out aggressive and stays aggressive. IMO, we haven't seen everything he has to offer.

I agree. I love Heister. Sometimes he just makes dumb comments, and like you said, not keeping us informed sometimes. IM still probably in the minority of that. (Liking Heister that is)

MDABE80
11-14-2014, 11:51 AM
It'll be a good tuneup. The real business begins on the 17th with SMU. BUT it's always good to see the kids playing...this team will be special.

Zagtana
11-14-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm hoping for less chit-chat from the talking heads, and that they instead call the actual game. I say this because GU has so many new players that it will take a few games before some of us Zag fans will be able to recognize them by sight, especially when the action gets fast and furious. I am not so hard on Heister as some (most?) on this board, but I hate the stupid chatter from all the announcers (other than calling the play-by-jplay while the game is in progress. As for the game itself, hope to see the Zags in rhythm on O and some tough, tough improved D - big win.

former1dog
11-14-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm hoping for less chit-chat from the talking heads, and that they instead call the actual game. I say this because GU has so many new players that it will take a few games before some of us Zag fans will be able to recognize them by sight, especially when the action gets fast and furious. I am not so hard on Heister as some (most?) on this board, but I hate the stupid chatter from all the announcers (other than calling the play-by-jplay while the game is in progress. As for the game itself, hope to see the Zags in rhythm on O and some tough, tough improved D - big win.

I keep hoping that the Monster Truck Rally promoters will finally recognize the Heister talent and poach him out from under us.

sittingon50
11-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Hornets - 175
Bullpups - 40

Welcome back (to the predicting business) LI!

:roll:

slam dunk
11-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Us 97
Then 65
Our three newbies contribute to the tune of 50 combined.

LongIslandZagFan
11-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Welcome back (to the predicting business) LI!

:roll:

I'm tryin'. Think my prognostication skills are getting better... think I am going to be making great strides this season. :p

Kiddwell
11-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Cast Away, a poem
<ahem>
Awash was a fella named "Hanks,"
Whose school played the Zags, 13th ranked.
Tom Hanks was marooned,
No knife, fork, or spoon,
Whilst his team was harpooned; it got spanked.
:horse:
-----
Zags City - 93
Isle of Spank - 67

:]

zag buddy
11-14-2014, 02:15 PM
75 to 71 zags. sac is a better team than some are giving them credit for.

RenoZag
11-14-2014, 02:48 PM
I hope to see anything but Kim K's posterior. . .I think it's 15 minutes of fame lasted at least 14 minutes too long

Zags 85
Hornets 69

Reborn
11-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Congrats to our top two top VISIONERY fans against Sacramento St: Salsageek 99-59 in favor of Zags, and Tito Poet 107-62 in favor of the Zags.

Our top Wizard was Tito Poet. Congrats brother.