PDA

View Full Version : interesting thing i heard

pbriz
09-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I was walking through campus the other day and I heard a member of the coaching staff talking and said that Ira's own personal goal this year was to make ESPN's top 10.....:)

can't wait for season!

BobZag
09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks. It's a more reasonable goal than many think. :)

Go Ira!

ZagNut08
09-10-2007, 04:35 PM
I will be dissapointed if he doesnt

former1dog
09-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Seems like someone has to be a wet blanket in most threads, might as well be me in this one.

I hope Ira! has a more tangible and valuable personal goal for himself which will ultimately contribute to the teams success than being on a highlight reel.

I'm 99.99% confident that he does and this comment that was overheard is probably just a "fun" goal.

ZagMania
09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
pbriz, I'm sure you just happened to be walking by, and you weren't stalking and eavesdropping on the coaches to get the latest scoop now ;)

Keep up the good work, lol.

Zags-Bsee
09-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I hope Ira! has a more tangible and valuable personal goal for himself which will ultimately contribute to the teams success than being on a highlight reel.

I think being a human highlight reel could be a great role on this team and perfect for Ira's skills. I think it is demoralizing for opposing teams to have a non-starter come in and make plays that gets the crowd fired up. Especially if they are defensive plays. I think being a hard driving player like Pendo with a 40" vertical will contribute to the teams success.

Playing like Pendo with a 40" vertical is tangible, valuable and will end up being on ESPN.

Nevtelen
09-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Honestly, rewatching some of the games from last year (especially the later ones) a lot of the team was pretty tentative around the hoop (except Pargo). Mallon and Kuso tossed up a lot of bunnies that rimmed out. If Ira just dunks everything he gets in the paint and makes a few highlight reels in the process (and 'breaks some peoples' hands" going to the hoop, as one of the broadcasters said last year) that will contribute a lot to team success. And if the dunks are highlight reel quality... well, getting the troops and fans all riled up aint a bad thing, either.

pbriz
09-10-2007, 08:18 PM
i was right outside of Herak and Hughes and it seemed like someone from the coaching staff was talking to a parent....

it wasn't anything serious, just a playful comment the coach made that both the coach and other person (parent?) seemed to get a chuckle out of.

maybe BZ can fill in some gaps....

TheZagPhish
09-10-2007, 11:44 PM
If Ira just dunks everything he gets in the paint and makes a few highlight reels in the process (and 'breaks some peoples' hands" going to the hoop, as one of the broadcasters said last year) that will contribute a lot to team success. And if the dunks are highlight reel quality... well, getting the troops and fans all riled up aint a bad thing, either.

How I yearn for a heaping seasonful of graceful, brawling, precise attack-the-rim buckets. :) Ronny's high flying circus, Erroll's showmanship, JP's touch, Pargo's Statue of Liberty levitations, so many more.

And now - Ira!

lothar98zag
09-11-2007, 01:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N7aVtZb6fo

:D

BoZarth
09-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Seems like someone has to be a wet blanket in most threads, might as well be me in this one.

No you don't.

former1dog
09-11-2007, 03:11 PM
No you don't.

Ahhh, sure I do. :D ;)