PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Pargo Dunkin' Strong in Brooklyn on 10.07.14

GonzagasaurusFlex
10-08-2014, 09:39 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/10/7/6943789/jeremy-pargo-throws-down-a-huge-dunk-against-the-nets

Former Gonzaga star Jeremy Pargo is playing for Maccabi, the Israeli team formerly coached by current Cavaliers leader David Blatt. Maccabi was dropped by the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday in a preseason game, but Pargo provided the moment of the night.

Pargo finished with 27 points on 12-for-25 shooting on the night.

Zagdawg
10-08-2014, 09:46 AM
I hope we have a couple of guys on the team this year who can throw it down the way Pargo still can......the guy is one fearless baller.

75Zag
10-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Pargo was a great GU player. Wish him well in every aspect of his life, both as an athlete and as a person.
On the other hand, do you suppose that the Brooklyn Nets will be playing a Palestinian All Star team next? Fair is fair.

Go Bulldogs!

BULLDOG#1
10-08-2014, 10:16 AM
why isn't this kid in the NBA?

GonzagasaurusFlex
10-08-2014, 11:18 AM
why isn't this kid in the NBA?

I'm hoping Jeremy Pargo gets another shot in the NBA this year, preferably with either his hometown team of Chicago or with his former coach in Cleveland. Whether that happens or not, Jeremy Pargo continues to be one of my all-time favorite Zags. I am inspired by his dedication to the game and glad he is thriving as a professional baller. Hope he gets some run with Perkins and Melson et al next summer!

MDABE80
10-08-2014, 11:29 AM
If he can put up 27 pts AND provides excitement, I'm thinking we're not the only ones asking why he isn't in the NBA. Ferocious dunker and he looks SO good doing it. WIsh him all the best. He's worked hard.

CanadianZagFan
10-08-2014, 11:51 AM
He is more than likely making a bigger paycheck being the man on Maccabi then he would be as a reserve guard in the NBA. That being said, I always thought his toughness would be a great fit with the Toronto Raptors.

hooter73
10-08-2014, 12:09 PM
He got a shot or two at the league already, at this point Maccabi is a good home for him until he stops being able to do what he can do.

exclusivelee
10-08-2014, 01:18 PM
After his last successful stint in the Euroleague, Pargo signed a 2-year, $2 million contract with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2011. Last season, he signed a 2-year, $2 million deal with CSKA Moscow, but renegotiated a new deal with them this offseason before getting traded to Maccabi. I think his new deal with Maccabi is $5.2 million over the next 2 seasons:

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/jeremy_pargo

GonzagasaurusFlex
10-08-2014, 02:23 PM
After his last successful stint in the Euroleague, Pargo signed a 2-year, $2 million contract with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2011. Last season, he signed a 2-year, $2 million deal with CSKA Moscow, but renegotiated a new deal with them this offseason before getting traded to Maccabi. I think his new deal with Maccabi is $5.2 million over the next 2 seasons:

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/jeremy_pargo

Congratulations Jeremy Pargo. If the NBA was Career Plan A, $5.2 million for two years is a damn good plan B!

maynard g krebs
10-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Congratulations Jeremy Pargo. If the NBA was Career Plan A, $5.2 million for two years is a damn good plan B!

Shorter season, less wear and tear on the body, cultural adventures, sometimes more money as well. Could be his plan A just as easily.

DixieZag
10-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Shorter season, less wear and tear on the body, cultural adventures, sometimes more money as well. Could be his plan A just as easily.

Good for Jeremy.

Glad to hear it, that kid worked for everything he had in life.

GonzagasaurusFlex
10-08-2014, 06:30 PM

Could be, but I doubt it.

A hoops player who grows up in the U.S. of A. dreams of playing in the NBA. Jeremy has earned some quality run in the league, but my guess is he is not satisfied with that...if the NBA comes calling he will leave Tel Aviv in a heartbeat to pursue his biggest dream: the NBA.

Regardless, another extended stint in the NBA would be icing on the cake at this point for a great Zag enjoying a great professional career.

ZagNation is behind you Jeremy Pargo. Hope we see you representin in Indy on 4/4 and 4/6 2015: http://www.ncaa.com/final-four

Zagdawg
10-08-2014, 06:35 PM
He has played in the NBA already --maybe he is just setting things up for his family financially now-- we will see.

webspinnre
10-08-2014, 06:44 PM
He got a shot or two at the league already, at this point Maccabi is a good home for him until he stops being able to do what he can do.

Exactly. Making significantly more than the NBA is willing to pay him. Certainly has the skill to be an NBA backup.

ZagNative
10-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Came across this amazing photo of Jeremy from the Nets game.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-TaqlWWndGsM/VDd6QHJ-qyI/AAAAAAABkjg/Scpog3aXRRI/s980/HP_PargoNets.jpg

Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv wrapped up their 17 day world tour with a 111-94 loss to the Brooklyn Nets. Pargo was outstanding with 27 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds