• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

ESPN: Podcast with Mark Few

Katz and Geenburg interview Boeheim and Few on Podcast. Few's portion starts about 21:00. Few does a nice job. Podcast link
    • Nov 2009

Just for future reference. It would be really nice of you to make clear that the link is a download link and not a URL link. I don't really like clicking on what I think is a URL link to a podcast to where I would be streaming the podcast and instead start downloading something onto my computer. Not to say the download is untrustworthy, I just would rather not risk it.

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I got the original link from a tweet. Have edited my original post to reference the online version.

Comment

• ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
        I got the original link from a tweet. Have edited my original post to reference the online version.
        Thanks for taking the time to share ZagNative. Your efforts are appreciated. Coach is very high on Sabonis like Jazz is. Graciasxo

Comment

• MDABE80
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Thanks ZN! As usual good job!!

Comment

• Kiddwell
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Thanks, ZN

An interesting, fun interview.

:]
            Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

His comments on Sabonis were encouraging to hear:

" Sabonis is. . .he's a player. He can really, really rebound the ball at the highest level, I think, in college basketball. He's got a nice skill set. And he's got a motor. And those are some attributes that are really going to serve him well and are kind of what we were missing last year."
              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

I appreciate Few's realism, and unwillingness to get into the hype. Many good coaches, in many sports, verbally aim high, too high, talking about how deep they expect to go this coming year, National Championship talk, using rah rah to try to get their players to believe. Nothing wrong with that, it works for many, but it is not Few's style. Ask Few if this is his best team ever, and he won't go there.

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                  His comments on Sabonis were encouraging to hear:

" Sabonis is. . .he's a player. He can really, really rebound the ball at the highest level, I think, in college basketball. He's got a nice skill set. And he's got a motor. And those are some attributes that are really going to serve him well and are kind of what we were missing last year."
                  Thanks for the quote Reno. My speakers aren't working so I couldn't hear the interview. I'm glad to see what he said about Sabonis. That is really encouraging and exciting. I was worried about rebounding this year, and this is just great news. As Few said, he rebounds "at the highest level in college basketball." His quote also infers that Sabonis also has good offensive skills. We sure are solid in the posts this year. Great news.
                  Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• hooter73
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jun 2008

Lets Hope Sabonis pushes Karno to step up his own efforts that much more.

Comment

• zagfan24
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                      I appreciate Few's realism, and unwillingness to get into the hype. Many good coaches, in many sports, verbally aim high, too high, talking about how deep they expect to go this coming year, National Championship talk, using rah rah to try to get their players to believe. Nothing wrong with that, it works for many, but it is not Few's style. Ask Few if this is his best team ever, and he won't go there.
                      Good post. I think that Few protects and advocates for his players as well as any coach in college bb.

Comment

• exclusivelee
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2013

I hope Sabonis can provide the rebounding prowess that we desperately missed last season.

I love the bigs that we have been able to bring to Gonzaga, but I'd love for more of them to have a better grasp of rebounding out of position and preventing other teams from getting so many extra chances. The team defense has picked up a bit the last couple years and with the addition of Mike Hart on the staff, I think the defensive focus will continue, but a higher emphasis on rebounding should be a major focus going forward, as well.

Comment

• Reborn
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by exclusivelee View Post
                          I hope Sabonis can provide the rebounding prowess that we desperately missed last season.

I love the bigs that we have been able to bring to Gonzaga, but I'd love for more of them to have a better grasp of rebounding out of position and preventing other teams from getting so many extra chances. The team defense has picked up a bit the last couple years and with the addition of Mike Hart on the staff, I think the defensive focus will continue, but a higher emphasis on rebounding should be a major focus going forward, as well.
                          Few said Sabonis rebounds at a high level. What more do you need. I am seeing another Elias Harris possibly but 6' 10" tall.
                          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• jim77
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

Neat interview. I just love his down to earth guy type personality. I got a kick out of his biking attire...I've had similar comments about mine. Nothing quite like biking with bathroom painted khaki shorts and a paint stained tee shirt.

I really like this group he's put together...they are gonna win..a lot.

Comment

• hooter73
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                              Few said Sabonis rebounds at a high level. What more do you need. I am seeing another Elias Harris possibly but 6' 10" tall.
                              Harris needed 3+ years to really get into rebounding...

Comment

Working...
                              X