PDA

View Full Version : David Stockton to Wizards Training Camp

ZagNative
09-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Good news for David!

NBA Rumors: David Stockton To Attend Washington Wizards Training Camp (http://wizofawes.com/2014/09/24/david-stockton-attend-training-camp-washington-wizards/)

We’re about a week away from the start of training camp and the Washington Wizards are close to finalizing their roster. It was reported earlier that John Stockton‘s son, David Stockton, was on the Washington Wizards’ radar, and it looks like he’ll be attending camp with the team.

According to J.Michael of CSN Washington, David Stockton has agreed to terms with the Washington Wizards:

The Wizards will have David Stockton, the son of Hall of Fame point guard John Stockton, for training camp, CSNwashington.com confirmed with a person with knowledge of the situation Wednesday.

David Stockton played college basketball at Gonzaga, but hasn’t been able to stick in the NBA after a few appearances in the summer league. Since John Wall and Andre Miller won’t play major minutes during preseason, Stockton will have a chance to prove himself to Randy Wittman and the rest of the organization.

Washington could use another guard on the roster, and if David Stockton plays well, he could earn himself the 15th and final roster spot.

It was reported that Vander Blue would also attend camp with the Washington Wizards, which would complete their entire roster. The NBA allows teams to bring 20 players to training camp, and with the additions the team made earlier this week, they’re likely heading into training camp with their current roster.

wnczagfan
09-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Smart player, and fun to watch! I hope he gets the roster spot; I will be a Wizards fan!

zag buddy
09-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Way to go David. He's one of the few Gonzaga players to make it that far. Hope he makes the team. It makes me laugh with all the posters on the gu boards who put him down for 4 years.

RenoZag
10-11-2014, 01:47 PM
David (and Vander Blue) were waived by the Wizards on 10/3. . .