• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPtheBeasta
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

GU Season Tickets

What is the best way to go about getting season tickets?

My understanding thus far is that you need to pay to become a Bulldog Club member for consideration, and that you wait for a former ticket holder to meet an untimely death, at which time the Pope and his Cardinals vote on you at the Holy Dispensation of Seats at the Vatican on the blood moon (or something like that).

I am not Catholic (but supportive) and I don't want to have to kill somebody, so I was wondering what the next best options were.

Thanks, in advance.
  • Zagcity
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    What is the best way to go about getting season tickets?

My understanding thus far is that you need to pay to become a Bulldog Club member for consideration, and that you wait for a former ticket holder to meet an untimely death, at which time the Pope and his Cardinals vote on you at the Holy Dispensation of Seats at the Vatican on the blood moon (or something like that).

I am not Catholic (but supportive) and I don't want to have to kill somebody, so I was wondering what the next best options were.

Thanks, in advance.
    Last I heard, a minimum of 5k moved you up the list enough to become remotely in line to acquire some

Comment

• Lewey
      Kennel Club
      • Jan 2008

Donate lots of money to the athletic department. Then they'll take care of you. It is based on a points system including how much you've donated and how long you've been a Bulldog member. Perhaps some other things. But by far the biggest thing is how much you've donated over the years. Not sure what happens after that, as I just go with the minimum Bulldog membership. I'll probably just have to outlive everyone else, and I started too late for that!

Comment

• Zagdawg
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Start here--
        Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Read this and join:
        Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Get on the wait list here:

Comment

• hondo
          Zag for Life
          • May 2009

A couple of years below .500 would do wonders to weed out the bandwagon crowd and open up seats for real hoop fans. But then how many real hoop fans would there be?

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2008

Thank you all.

That $5k figure was my general impression, as well, but I was wondering if people "in the know" had any different thoughts, or if anything had changed. I am not in a position to donate that every year, so perhaps I will have to become a UW fan (Just kidding. Please put away the pitch forks).

Lewey, cheers to you. You have brought up another compelling argument for clean living and keeping that blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar down.

Comment

• 75Zag
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

There is a fairly clear path to acquiring GU season tickets.

Step 1: Assemble the staff at your mansion.
              Step 2: Advise the staff that there will be one or two staff reductions due to your "reallocation" of financial resources.
              Step 3: Ask your driver to bring out the Bentley so that he can take you on an errand or two.
              Step 4: Motor down from the South Hills toward Boone Avenue.
              Step 5: Stop off at E. 502 Boone Avenue and drop off a check for $35 million dollars to build a new state-of-the-art men's BB practice and training facility.
              Step 6: Return home.
              Step 7: Wait for your season tickets to be delivered, personally, by Mark Few.

Go Bulldogs!
              Do not go gentle into that good night,
              Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
              Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• sittingon50
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

$35 Mill! Good, at least I'll have some pocket change left over.
                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Keep in mind the $5K that Zagcity was referencing would get your name up the waiting list and onto the standard season ticket holder list--then it is much more reasonable each year-- I pay just north of $2.4K a year for 4 season tickets in the lower bowl (donation and ticket fees).

Comment

• webspinnre
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                    Keep in mind the $5K that Zagcity was referencing would get your name up the waiting list and onto the standard season ticket holder list--then it is much more reasonable each year-- I pay just north of $2.4K a year for 4 season tickets in the lower bowl (donation and ticket fees).
                    2400 per ticket, or 2400 for all 4? Because $600 for a season ticket doesn't sound particularly unreasonable.
                    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• Zag 77
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Marry a Divorcee with ticks

There are some fairly noteworthy divorces in Spokane County where GU season tickets are a significant asset in the case. There are a few middle-aged divorced women who have gotten the GU tickets in their settlements. They might not mind sharing them with a nice, attentive younger man who will treat them right.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Ballpark of $600 per seat per season---(depending on what you are looking for -- there are some much better seats out there --but you will pay more).

Comment

• bballguy
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Jan 2009

Or buy women's season tickets for $99 a seat plus $200 gift for lower bowl tickets. You still get great entertainment and the men's team drops by, when in town, to watch some of the games.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Zag 77 View Post
                            There are some fairly noteworthy divorces in Spokane County where GU season tickets are a significant asset in the case. There are a few middle-aged divorced women who have gotten the GU tickets in their settlements. They might not mind sharing them with a nice, attentive younger man who will treat them right.
                            That means that one needs to be a cougar fan?

Comment

• krozman
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2008

The entire concept of paying to be on a waiting list always angers me to unreasonable lengths. GU should be ashamed of it, yet the issue never boils up on the forums with the emotion it deserves. Maybe it's a "par for the course" activity and I'm just not "with it." The way I see it, I'll wait as long as it takes for a spot to open up and I'll pay the cost of season tickets, whatever it is. But if I put money down, I want something in return. In short, Comcast gets my money and GU doesn't. You can call it the cost of doing business and in the end "it's worth it," but these chumps could pay for a decade and still never see a game inside the MAC. No thank you.
                              Krozman
                              GU student 1996-2000
                              Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

Working...
                              X