• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

The biggest X Factors (BLEACHER REPORT)

A host of variables go into every college basketball team's performance over the course of a lengthy season. Any player's performance or mindset on any given night can radically change the course of an entire campaign...

A host of variables go into every college basketball team's performance over the course of a lengthy season. Any player's performance or mindset on any given night can radically change the course of an entire campaign...
    But we don't play nobody.
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

A good write-up on Sabonis. I'm glad to see that someone else can see some concern about Gonzaga's post play on defense and on the boards. The reporter points to Sabonis as being the X-factor.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• hooter73
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2008

Blah @ Bleacher Report

Sabonis is a great addition but not an "X Factor." In my mind an x-factor comes about when a team doesnt know who will step up and carry them through. We are too stacked for one guy to matter that much.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

An embarrassment of riches.

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

Wesley?
          The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
            Blah @ Bleacher Report

Sabonis is a great addition but not an "X Factor." In my mind an x-factor comes about when a team doesnt know who will step up and carry them through. We are too stacked for one guy to matter that much.
            I still tend to see that Sabonis is the X factor, and that rebounding and defense will be the X factor on the Zags team. We all know Gonzaga will have a great offense, and they should be able to play very good defense in the WCC in genderal. BUT???? Will they be able to play tough, hard-nosed defense against the top teams in the NCAA tournament and in preseason. I do believe that the writer of the article assumes that Wiltjer will not be a good rebounder nor good defensive player. BUT, if he can do both then in a way Wiltjer is the X factor. I also feel that Sabonis, because he played in Europe, is the least known Zag player next year; so in that sense he is also the X factor.
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Baseline
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2011

I think our 3 point shooting will be so good that our bigs will be free to work the middle and they will dominate. Kyle at the elbow to Shem or Sabonis low will wreck havoc on other teams. Kyles 3 point shooting will stress the paint defense.
              "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

Working...
              X