• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3zagda
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Nov 2009

Playing Time

I see lots of reasons to be super excited about the upcoming season. We have Kevin, GBJ and Shem returning. Add arguably the best group of incoming impact players in Zag history, and any Zag fan worth his salt can not wait to see them play.
    Yet I can not help but wonder, how will the minutes be distrubeted among this talented group. I think PK will get 25 or so. But will GBJ and KP still get 30 min per game. Maybe. But after that to me its a crap shoot. How many will KW get. And Sabonis. Wesley. KD. Not to mention Jenks, Melson and Alberts.
    How do you think the playing time will be divided up.
    Who is your guess as the biggest surprise of this season.
  • ZagaZags
    Banned
    • May 2010

Biggest surprise?

Originally posted by 3zagda View Post
    I see lots of reasons to be super excited about the upcoming season. We have Kevin, GBJ and Shem returning. Add arguably the best group of incoming impact players in Zag history, and any Zag fan worth his salt can not wait to see them play.
    Yet I can not help but wonder, how will the minutes be distrubeted among this talented group. I think PK will get 25 or so. But will GBJ and KP still get 30 min per game. Maybe. But after that to me its a crap shoot. How many will KW get. And Sabonis. Wesley. KD. Not to mention Jenks, Melson and Alberts.
    How do you think the playing time will be divided up.
    Who is your guess as the biggest surprise of this season.
    My money is on Kyle.

Comment

• zag67
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

I will also guess Kyle {W}. But I also think that one of the freshmen will explode. And that we will be getting solid minutes from both of our transfers. I also think that Kevin and GB might get fewer minutes, because I think that we are going to blow many of our opponents out early. But this will help us as March approaches.
      Last edited by zag67; 08-13-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
        My money is on Kyle.
        Which? Explain yourself

Comment

• ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          Which? Explain yourself
          This 1...

We caught him dancing and he ended up seeing the camera yet he kept going. Hahaha. If you know Kyle, this is hilarious : )

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
            My money is on Kyle.
            No doubt about it, we have to get used to saying Kyle D or Kyle W

Comment

• ZagaZags
              Banned
              • May 2010

Just a prediction for this thread. ( Death Star approaching.)

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of posts suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced again. I fear something terrible has happened."

Just a prediction.
              Last edited by ZagaZags; 08-14-2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

ZZ, that star's been "approaching" for months but just keep orbiting like Hale-Bopp, of unhappy memory here.

Comment

• titopoet
                  Zag for Life
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  ZZ, that star's been "approaching" for months but just keep orbiting like Hale-Bopp, of unhappy memory here.
                  True story. When I attended UNM in Albuquerque in the late 90s for graduate work in creative wiring, I rented a mother-in-law from two artists there who were big into Heaven's Gate. They were there to secure the next camp. I was invited to one of their seasons to mediate free my inner alien, as a writer, I went. What struck me was how normal the party was before we began the trip in SciFi imagination.

On the Zags, I think that this will be a case of more playing time for everyone as their will be like two years ago, so many more blowouts.
                  ----
                  Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

Comment

• Zagger
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2008

I'm more of a Zag fan than a BB fan so don't really know the rules all that well - learning, but have a ways to go. Wondering, since we'll have a highly skilled bunch of Zags ready to go, what are the limitations on substituting players? How often during FTs can a team switch out players? I assume you can pull 5 and stick 5 new guys in but not really sure .....

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by titopoet View Post
                      True story. When I attended UNM in Albuquerque in the late 90s for graduate work in creative wiring, I rented a mother-in-law from two artists there who were big into Heaven's Gate. They were there to secure the next camp. I was invited to one of their seasons to mediate free my inner alien, as a writer, I went. What struck me was how normal the party was before we began the trip in SciFi imagination.

On the Zags, I think that this will be a case of more playing time for everyone as their will be like two years ago, so many more blowouts.
                      You "rented a mother in law?" You must have been tripping before you even got there. ��

Comment

• Zags11
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

Was she a nice mother in law? Or strict?

Comment

• Baseline
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Zagger View Post
                          I'm more of a Zag fan than a BB fan so don't really know the rules all that well - learning, but have a ways to go. Wondering, since we'll have a highly skilled bunch of Zags ready to go, what are the limitations on substituting players? How often during FTs can a team switch out players? I assume you can pull 5 and stick 5 new guys in but not really sure .....
                          There are no restrictions on substituting players. You can change as many at a time as you want as often as you want. Only limitation is the stop in play required to get the players in.
                          "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• Reborn
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

It's way too early for a prediction on the minutes I think (for me). My guess for the biggest surprise is going to be Melson. Why? A good friend of mine saw him play in the All-Star game between Washington and Oregon. He knows basketball pretty well.

I believe Few will still want to win first and foremost; so I don't think we'll see as many guys playing at the beginning of the season because we have so many tough games this year in our OOC schedule. but when the Zags do get an easier game we'll see them for sure. We might see Nunez more then Sabonis early on because Angel knows the systems much better. I do think Sabonis will HAVE TO give PK some rest though. Perkins will spell Pangos, but I'm not sure how much. I really need to see him play at Div I level. It is very difficult to get a lot of playing time at GU for freshmen. However, with our freshmen next year that could change. Perkins is supposed to be very good. I believe Few will looking toward who can play defense. This is a must for substiitutes. And few turnovers. And both of these are difficult for Freshmen. I know Melson is supposed to be a good defender, and Sabonis is supposed to be a good rebounder. So I look for these two Freshmen to get some good minutes at the beginning of the year.
                            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• 3zagda
                              Kennel Club Alum
                              • Nov 2009

Rented a mother-in-law?
                              I'll pay you to take mine for as long as you need her!

Comment

Working...
                              X