PDA

View Full Version : Recruits left in the pool?

thickman1
02-15-2007, 10:47 AM
I realize this is probably quite inappropriate to discuss at this time but I was curious nonetheless. If GU were to dismiss Heytvelt and Davis from the team are there any recruits left to sign from the 2007 class who could make a difference or is the pool empty?

spudzag
02-15-2007, 12:02 PM
You may remember from earlier discussions that we are overbooked by 2 scholarships for next year. Two needed to go, I just don't think anyone wanted it to be this two.

gonza
02-15-2007, 12:09 PM
That's true, but those recruits were certainly not brought on board to fill the shoes of JH or Theo. I was thinking a recruit like Babbitt may be more apt to choose the Zags based on holes in the line up that MAY need filling.

thickman1
02-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Babbitt is a 2008 guy. I mean a guy who graduates high school this year and could be on campus in the fall.

spudzag
02-15-2007, 06:49 PM
There a two power forwards who listed GU as a school of interest that have not signed letters of intent; Martell Jackson and Tearon Hill. Rivals listing says that Hill had or maybe had an offer. Both are 3 star rated on Rival and 2 stars on Scout. Being rated lower there is little information on either.

There are likely JC guys out there that aren't well followed. I'd never heard of Ira Brown before he showed up at a game.

As I mentioned before someone would have to leave for there to be room for anyone else.