• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Pangos: Last season no fun, I was in pain the whole time

Don't believe I have seen this posted. If so mods feel free to merge with the other thread. Kevin Pangos talks to College Basketball Talk and notes last season he was in pain and it wasn't fun. Pretty good read:

• jyboc
    Bulldog Fan
    • Dec 2007

Love the high expectations he sets for himself and the team.

Comment

• ZagaZags
      Banned
      • May 2010

Originally posted by jyboc View Post
      Love the high expectations he sets for himself and the team.
      Last chance for Pangos and Bell.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
        Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
        • Feb 2007

Still seems absolutely CRAZY that Pangos and Bell are already seniors?!?!?!?

So pumped to see a healthy Pangos...he makes this team so much more dangerous. Thanks for the link Section 116.
        Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Great teams have had great backcourt players. Pangos and Bell may be one of the best tandums in the country. They have also been waiting for this season, and I believe they are ready to deliver.
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• amaronizag
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Jul 2013

Sad to hear Pangos say he still isn't 100%. Shows how serious his conditions were. Still a couple of months to recuperate. I'm sure he'll take full advantage of that time. Really hoping he has a chance to play 100% for his senior year and prove how good he really can be. I think this kid is a star patiently waiting for his chance to shine.

Comment

• Salsageek
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Feb 2007

Could any Doc online chime in? What are the chances that he won't be 100% healthy? What are the chances of Pangos re-injuring himself by not resting enough? Let's get him some extra calcium now!!!
              2009 Foo Fantasy Football Champ
              2014 Foo Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Champ

Comment

• CanadianZagFan
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Jul 2008

Quite surprised this thread has not gotten more comments. Pangos had a career year last year and was only a shell of what he could be. This guy is a team first player and great teammate. I feel that this year he will be an All American, with the potential to put up a 50, 40, 90, season providing he is fully healthy. He is a true PG, and although the team is loaded with talent, it will go as far as Kevin takes them.

Only one word describes this kid, WINNER!

Comment

• Baseline
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2011

Few has done a great job loading the team, now can he get them to fire?
                  It looks so promising at this point. If they can each play to their expectations the team should do well. A lot of scorers, so to me its how well Few can get them to plat team first. Usually that has been accomplished nicely in the past.
                  Can't wait till he turns the dogs loose.
                  "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• OZZY
                    Zag for Life
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by CanadianZagFan View Post
                    Quite surprised this thread has not gotten more comments. Pangos had a career year last year and was only a shell of what he could be. This guy is a team first player and great teammate. I feel that this year he will be an All American, with the potential to put up a 50, 40, 90, season providing he is fully healthy. He is a true PG, and although the team is loaded with talent, it will go as far as Kevin takes them.

Only one word describes this kid, WINNER!
                    Agree 100% CZF. shades of SN with a 50/40/90. IMHO. he will show himself this year as the point guard that people have been hoping for. Health is the key. Final Four is the goal!

Love also to see APG over 5.

Happy Canada Day!

Comment

• CanadianZagFan
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by OZZY View Post
                      Agree 100% CZF. shades of SN with a 50/40/90. IMHO. he will show himself this year as the point guard that people have been hoping for. Health is the key. Final Four is the goal!

Love also to see APG over 5.

Happy Canada Day!
                      He averaged over 3.5 having to share the ball with David Stockton, 2014/15 should see Kevin with the ball 100% of the time, over 5 should be no problem.

Comment

• DADoZAG
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2009

He averaged over 3.5 having to share the ball with David Stockton, 2014/15 should see Kevin with the ball 100% of the time, over 5 should be no problem.

Truth.

Go ZAGS!
                        Go ZAGS!

Only watching the ball, misses at least 80% of the game.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2009

Per statsheet.com 52 players averaged 5 assists, so about one out of 7 teams had a guy do it. A few notables who didn't:

Kendall Williams, New Mex. 4.94
                          Shabazz Napier, UCONN 4.87
                          Jordair Jett, St Louis 4.82
                          Marcus Smart, Okie Lite 4.77
                          Kenny Cherry, Baylor 4.7
                          Aaron Craft, OSU 4.68
                          Russ Smith, Louisville 4.64
                          Jahii Carson, ASU 4.63
                          Joe Jackson, Mem 4.52
                          Keith Appling, MSU 4.45

I think team assist total and a/to ratio are more important. I'd just as soon see the assist totals somewhat evenly distributed among several players, with a team total up around 17 and an a/to ratio up around 1.3-1.4. Usually individuals with high assist totals are in control of the ball a lot, and if the ball is moving around like it should, it would be hard for KP to average 5.

Comment

• cdools
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Aug 2011

After the start KP had in Maui, it looked like he was in for a great year...You know what? He had a great year! The injuries and the scheduling hurt, as the Zags had four games in 7 days at Christmas and there was just no time to give him the rest he needed. Despite all this he produced and the team won, which is what Kevin is all about. The article stated that he wasn't part of the national conversation yet he was on the Naismith list as well as the Cousy list. and as they say the best is yet to come. The best part of the influx of talent for 2014-15 is that Kevin will be the prime decision maker. He won't have to run off two or three screens to get the ball on the wing; the ball will be in his hands 94 feet from the basket and he'll either be making decisions on the run, playing a screen and roll game, or getting the ball kicked back to him for the extra pass or for his dead-eye shooting. All of these skills are in his wheelhouse and the team should flourish. The biggest thing about the injuries is that they didn't allow this gym rat to put in his normal work load and he could never really get his feet set or push laterally the way he can. All last year did for Kevin is motivate him for a stellar senior year and if he produces the way he is capable of, this talented team will be a treat to watch.

Comment

• vandalzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

It will be interesting, I see Perkins getting time at PG with Pangos sliding to the 2 guard to allow him to work as a spot up shooter. He better be at 5 assists per game, plenty of scoring options. The nice thing about the depth is he will not have to log the big minutes, unless it is a close game.

Comment

Working...
                              X