PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Mizzou hire

sittingon50
06-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Of some interest to Zag fans. Mods, move when appropriate.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddmGz?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-basketball

DixieZag
06-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Wow, that is an interesting hire.

Never been a college head basketball coach, only assistant coach at NAIA school, then 5 years at Huntington Prep and your first job is a very large SEC school?

Wow.

Goshzagit
06-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Mizzou's loss...

I mean that in the nicest way.

Seriously, the guy "gets" terrific talent to play for him -- the best -- yet just watch one of their games...uff dah, as we'd say here in MN.

CDC84
06-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Simply the worst high school basketball coach I've seen on TV.

maynard g krebs
06-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Apparently he can recruit.

Zagcity
06-25-2014, 06:30 AM

Another Romar in the making? ;)

DixieZag
06-25-2014, 07:43 AM

I think that's safe to say. :)

I wonder if trying to "out recruit" teams will work in a conference with Kentucky and Florida?

Seems like if you're going up against those guys, you want someone like Wisconsin's coach. Of course, there aren't many like that running around.

Billfish'80
06-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Well, since he's not the head coach, I think it is a pretty good hire to get a good recruiter on an SEC team, so you can compete with the big dogs. Mizzou wont be relying on his "in-game" decision making. That will be Kim Anderson's job. Fulford could definitely help bring in some good players to Mizzou, with his HS connections accross the nation. He does have the name recognition. I.m not as sceptical of Rob's value to Mizzou.

jazzdelmar
06-25-2014, 08:37 AM
whew, one year too late to snatch perk from us

Billfish'80
06-25-2014, 08:52 AM
My thoughts, as well. I think Josh is too smart for that to happen though. He chose the best team for his PG skills/development/exposure by far, and he knows it. One things to keep an eye on. We will be competing against Mizzou now for the quality of recruits we've been after the last few years. Our player development should give us an edge against schools like that though.

jazzdelmar
06-25-2014, 08:54 AM
My thoughts, as well. I think Josh is too smart for that to happen though. He chose the best team for his PG skills/development/exposure by far, and he knows it. One things to keep an eye on. We will be competing against Mizzou now for the quality of recruits we've been after the last few years. Our player development should give us an edge against schools like that though.

i think mizzou is now a level below the zags when it comes to program status...that cd change quickly however....worry more about oregon, osu, usc, et al.

DixieZag
06-25-2014, 08:59 AM
Oh, whoops. Silly me, read it as head coach.

Billfish'80
06-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Maybe so, program-wise, but Rob Fulford has the kind of HS connections that could level the field for Mizzou "in recruiting" for the first couple of years at least. He's already been recruiting these kids to come play for his Hunt-Prep team, and they probably played against him. They know his name well.

gozagswoohoo
06-26-2014, 07:24 AM
As my 5 year old might say- "Mizzou is a piece a junk"

That is all I have to add.