PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your Favorite NFL Team ?

RenoZag
09-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Hard to believe another NFL season kicks off this weekend. . .

Just as the baseball teams of our youth tend to be the teams we follow the rest of our lives, I think we "adopt" a favorite team early on also.

http://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/oakland_raiders.png

Lamonica, Stabler, Plunkett, Biletnikoff, Marv Hubbard, Hewritt Dixon, Phil Villapiano, Ben Davidson, Willie Brown, Ray Guy, Pete Banazak, Cliff Branch, Dave Casper, John Madden. . .

He who won't be named here has really screwed 'em up since he decided to do the LA excursion.

Who's your favorite ?

Rubbadub
09-06-2007, 05:24 AM
Same deal....picked a team when i was 12 or maybe younger. Haven't given up on them yet

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Football/NFL/MIN_886.gif

TexasZagFan
09-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Hard to believe another NFL season kicks off this weekend. . .

Just as the baseball teams of our youth tend to be the teams we follow the rest of our lives, I think we "adopt" a favorite team early on also.

http://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/oakland_raiders.png

Lamonica, Stabler, Plunkett, Biletnikoff, Marv Hubbard, Hewritt Dixon, Phil Villapiano, Ben Davidson, Willie Brown, Ray Guy, Pete Banazak, Cliff Branch, Dave Casper, John Madden. . .

He who won't be named here has really screwed 'em up since he decided to do the LA excursion.

Who's your favorite ?

Still a Raiders fan. I grew up during the golden years. I still get physically ill every time they replay the "Immaculate Reception" on TV.

It would be great if the Cowboys returned to glory. I live about 1/2 mile from the Cowboys complex. The rise in property values directly correlates to the success of the Cowboys from year to year. Last five years, the appraised value of my house hasn't budged (market value's up 25%, though, due to a nearby subdivision building $350K houses on 5000 SF lots).

The big selling point for the past five years has been the Cowboys: Coppell, not Dallas. It's been a National Blue Ribbon School District just about every year for the past 10 years, and the music program is one of the best in the nation.

LongIslandZagFan
09-06-2007, 07:27 AM
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE...

Just look at my sig.

lothar98zag
09-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Same deal....picked a team when i was 12 or maybe younger. Haven't given up on them yet

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Football/NFL/MIN_886.gif
who are the "red Xs"?

lothar98zag
09-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Lothar went local with his fav as a child -

http://www.logoserver.com/football/SeattleSeahawks.GIF

First memories are of the 83 season. (I think that's when my hippie parents finally got a tv)

Although I do seen to have some hazy memories of Zorn - who stopped being "the QB" in 82, so who knows...

kitzbuel
09-06-2007, 09:35 AM
I pulled for the Seahawks (and still do!) as a kid when Dave Krieg was helping out Steve Largent by making him have to make spectacular catches all the time.

I figured since I was routing for the worst team on the west coast at the time, I would root for the worst team on the east coast, too.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/43/200px-Pats_1971-1992_logo.PNG

former1dog
09-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I liked the Bears when I was a kid. I like Gary Fencick as I also played SS for my high school team. For some reason, I've started to lose interest in general in pro sports as an adult. I can't remember the last time I watched a whole pro football game, not even the Super Bowl....

LongIslandZagFan
09-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I grew up in Michigan, so naturally I watch college football since it wasn't like there was a real pro team in Detroit. :p

So when I moved to Spokane, I was ripe for picking a favorite NFL team. The Seahawks were just starting to emerge at that time. I've been hooked ever since.

mendiant
09-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Gotta love Green Bay...still a people's team, no multi-billion dollar stadiums with stinky artificial turf. Fans own the team and drink lots of hot chocolate in the stands.

Then there is that perennial bridesmaid, Minnesota Vikings. They seem to often get close.

Sometimes I pay attention to the Seahawks, as a taxpayer, I'm a little tired of paying for their new stadium and all of the upkeep thereof. But Alexander sure is a cutie.

RandomZagFan
09-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Even though my interest in the NFL has signifcantly decreased in the past few years, I still consider myself a Denver Broncos fan. John Elway will always be my football god!!!

LongIslandZagFan
09-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Speaking as a die-hard Seahawk fan... John Elway is the Antichrist. Of course if Mr. Elway had been a Seahawk I my outlook would be vastly different.

zagster318
09-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Da Bears!

HillBillyZag
09-07-2007, 01:08 PM
The Cleveland Browns without a doubt,the Orange & Brown will gut it out! And Brady Quinn will be the man, to take us to the promised Land!!

a13coach
09-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Even though my interest in the NFL has signifcantly decreased in the past few years, I still consider myself a Denver Broncos fan. John Elway will always be my football god!!!

Speaking as a die-hard Seahawk fan... John Elway is the Antichrist. Of course if Mr. Elway had been a Seahawk I my outlook would be vastly different.

I used to work with a gal who was a die-hard Seahawk fan, she used to refer to Elway as "Fishlips". I used to tease her saying she secretly had a poster of Elway hanging in her house. :D

Never really had a favorite NFL team, just certain teams I would watch and want to win. 49ers, Seahawks, Fins, Rams. But more importantly there were teams I hated with a passion and would root for them to not only loose but to be humiliated. :) Raiders, Skins, Steelers, and mostly the Cowgirls!!

RandomZagFan
09-07-2007, 02:07 PM
I used to work with a gal who was a die-hard Seahawk fan, she used to refer to Elway as "Fishlips". I used to tease her saying she secretly had a poster of Elway hanging in her house. :D

Fishlips eh? I always assumed Elway took the most abuse for his horseteeth!

RidintheDempster
09-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Born in Madison, and faithfully visit Lambeau once a year as my cousin has season tickets. What a rush , but the ole Pack isn't what they used to be.