• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rangerzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Seattle NCAA March 2015 ticket Pre-Sale

I do not remember seeing any other pre-sale info here for the second and third round games next March in Seattle.

This link was provided in a Seattle PI article.

Can any one else provide conjecture about earlier sales for this event?

Are they only selling as many of these tickets as they have seats, or is this one of those deals where they sell as many tickets as they can then later have a lottery and refund money to the losers with a "Sorry Charlie" note?

ref: http://view.tmclient.ticketmaster.co...5_13914612&r=0
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut
  • 75Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

I used to get NCAA tickets via presale and still do it once in a while (especially for smaller venues like Spokane) but in my recent experience, you can get full strips on Stub Hub for around 150% of the price of NCAA presale tickets, and (a) you know in advance where you are going to sit instead of taking whatever the NCAA gives you via their presale site, and (b) you can make your buying decision closer to next March when you may (or may not) have a slightly better idea as to where your team(s) will play. This year should be interesting since even if GU is a 1-4 seed, it will still be a coin toss as to whether they will play in Seattle or Portland.

If you do decide to go the presale route, here is a link to the Portland presale site as well:

Go Bulldogs - Next Year!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• Jedster
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Oct 2009

We were able to buy tickets in the pre-sale through my brother-in-law who is a Husky season ticket holder. Ended up getting the upper bowl seats for $198 ea. Went in Spokane this past March and had a great time! REALLY, REALLY hoping the Zags play in Seattle next March!

Comment

• zagzealot
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Does anyone have any more insight about the Zags potential NCAA Tourney venue of Seattle vs Portland? I'm hearing all kinds of talk about Seattle being the sight for 1-4 but I've heard nothing about Portland. Is it still a coin toss?
        Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
        f∞

Comment

• GoZags
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagzealot View Post
          Does anyone have any more insight about the Zags potential NCAA Tourney venue of Seattle vs Portland? I'm hearing all kinds of talk about Seattle being the sight for 1-4 but I've heard nothing about Portland. Is it still a coin toss?
          If Gonzaga is a "protected" seed (i.e. 1-4) they "should" be out west ... in either Seattle or Portland. Nobody will know until the name "Gonzaga" flips over on Selection Sunday. It IS a coin toss (maybe 60/40 Seattle). That's assuming that GU continues to take care of business and gets rewarded with a protected seed.
          sigpic
          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
          ——-
          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• 3zagda
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Nov 2009

We have reserved a hotel room in Seattle for the first weekend of March Madness(its easy to cancel). We are pumped
            I have a few questions for folks here...
            Anyone here planning to go to March Madness this year?
            Has anyone bought tickets for the first weekend in Seattle, or Portland? Seems to me the Zags are a virtual lock for Seattle(barring an implosion). Am I wrong here?
            Also is it predetermined which locations(such as Porland and/or Seattle) feed into the West Regional in LA?
            I just looked at the NCAA official tournament site and I could not tell from that.
            One of my dilemmas is deciding what days to take off from work because the Portland games are Thursday-Saturday, and Seattle games are Friday-Sunday.

Comment

• seacatfan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by 3zagda View Post
              We have reserved a hotel room in Seattle for the first weekend of March Madness(its easy to cancel). We are pumped
              I have a few questions for folks here...
              Anyone here planning to go to March Madness this year?
              Has anyone bought tickets for the first weekend in Seattle, or Portland? Seems to me the Zags are a virtual lock for Seattle(barring an implosion). Am I wrong here?
              Also is it predetermined which locations(such as Porland and/or Seattle) feed into the West Regional in LA?
              I just looked at the NCAA official tournament site and I could not tell from that.
              One of my dilemmas is deciding what days to take off from work because the Portland games are Thursday-Saturday, and Seattle games are Friday-Sunday.
              I bought tickets for the Seattle site quite some time ago. I just received the tickets yesterday. With the pod system implemented a number of years ago, there is no guarantee that Seattle or Portland are part of the West Region bracket. I think that increases the chances of GU being at one or the other location, provided they get a protected seed (which is almost a certainty at this point). Of course I don't know this for sure, but I will be shocked if Gonzaga and Arizona aren't both playing 1st/2nd round games at the Seattle and Portland sites. Not sure if GU is more likely to be sent to Seattle than Portland.

Comment

• 23dpg
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I posted this in the Tickets forum but I think it's crazy that they have Portland and Seattle as hosts on the same weekend.
                One of the cities, Portland, is going to have a hard time selling tickets. Already an issue.

I haven't bought tickets yet but I should have. 99% sure it's Seattle. Any idea on how to best get tickets at this late stage?
                Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• gu03alum
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                  I posted this in the Tickets forum but I think it's crazy that they have Portland and Seattle as hosts on the same weekend.
                  One of the cities, Portland, is going to have a hard time selling tickets. Already an issue.

I haven't bought tickets yet but I should have. 99% sure it's Seattle. Any idea on how to best get tickets at this late stage?
                  Ditto - Should I just wait and pay on stubhub. Is there any place to buy tickets right now?
                  Bring back the OCC

Comment

• 3zagda
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Nov 2009

I wonder as well the best route to get tickets at this point. Still I am a little reluctant to get tickets if its not fairly certain which place we will play.
                    Seacat what are you going to do if the Zags end up in Portland?

Comment

• Zagdawg
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Seacat is in a good position as he is a fan of both the Arizona and the Zags -- one of them will probably get Seattle (and the other Portland).

There will be plenty of tickets available after selection Sunday, when people figure out where their teams are going and dump the tickets they can't/won't be using.

Last time we were in Portland (Sweet 16) -- there were tons of tickets being sold outside of the arena and on Craigslist for reasonable prices (especially as soon as the 1st day early games were done and the losing teams were heading home).

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
                        Zag for Life
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
                        Ditto - Should I just wait and pay on stubhub. Is there any place to buy tickets right now?

I saw some tickets for sale even in the round of 16 (for Los Angeles, as I am interested in attending) on seatgeek.

Comment

• gu03alum
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
                          I saw some tickets for sale even in the round of 16 (for Los Angeles, as I am interested in attending) on seatgeek.
                          Wow, prices in Seattle are a little high for my taste.
                          Bring back the OCC

Comment

• seacatfan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by 3zagda View Post
                            I wonder as well the best route to get tickets at this point. Still I am a little reluctant to get tickets if its not fairly certain which place we will play.
                            Seacat what are you going to do if the Zags end up in Portland?
                            If I don't get the Zags in Seattle, I'm expecting Arizona to be here.

My dad and I have gone to the games twice before at Key Arena ('99 and '04). He's tried unsuccessfully a couple times to get tickets when it's been in Portland. For whatever reason I've never had a problem getting tickets up here. It's been more than 10 years since I've been to Tourney games. I jumped at the chance when Key Arena finally hosted again. It's an exciting atmosphere, should be fun whichever teams end up here.

Comment

• jake
                              Kennel Club Alum
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                              Seacat is in a good position as he is a fan of both the Arizona and the Zags -- one of them will probably get Seattle (and the other Portland).

There will be plenty of tickets available after selection Sunday, when people figure out where their teams are going and dump the tickets they can't/won't be using.

Last time we were in Portland (Sweet 16) -- there were tons of tickets being sold outside of the arena and on Craigslist for reasonable prices (especially as soon as the 1st day early games were done and the losing teams were heading home).
                              I did not find this to be the case at all prior to the round of 32. In the first round it was the case, but outside the Rose Garden before the Western Kentucky game, with Washington in the same session, prices were sky high. I could be wrong, but if the Zags go to Seattle, I could see prices being a little higher than normal with the demand.

Comment

Working...
                              X