• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burgesszag
    Redshirt
    • Mar 2013

Talent/Coaching/Depth/Kennel=Undefeated

An undefeated league schedule is a given with our talent...Arizona is losing their best players as is UCLA and WSU is WSU at home in Spokane...This will be the first undefeated National Champion since Bob Knight and his Hoosiers
    did it many years ago...The Zags are Big Time and on a Big Time roll..Zags will be top 10 for 10 years...Go Zags
  • seacatfan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2014

Please don't. Nobody is ever going to be an undefeated national champion ever again. Not in men's bball. On the women's side UConn does it all the time, but it's apples and oranges. Kentucky was supposed to go 40-0 last year and ended up losing 10 games. Wichita St. made it thru the regular season unbeaten and went down in the 2nd round. It's just not gonna happen. Ever. Again.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Burgess, I like your attitude.
      By the way can you ship me a case of that kool-aid you are drinking?

Comment

• burgesszag
        Redshirt
        • Mar 2013

Kentucky plays in a different conference which makes a huge difference...The Zags toughest games will be against rebuilding teams
        who will be trying to adjust to all of their new unproven players...Zags have mature studs at every position..

Comment

• Zagdawg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Optimism at its finest--- I think the Zags have the potential to be good-- but I don't know that they will be that good--lots of new players to adjust to and that must learn the system.

Comment

• seacatfan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2014

Even if the Zags go undefeated thru the regular season...and that's a BIG if, winning 6 straight in the Tourney is a quantum leap for the Zags program, something we've been given no reason to think is possible thus far in their history.

And Arizona is not rebuilding. They lost several key players but bring back plenty of experience. Not at all a rebuilding project.

Comment

• sittingon50
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Arizona in their place. That will be fun.
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Aug 2012

If you study hoops history I would put John Woodens UCLA teams at the top. Indiana and the Wooden UCLA teams I never saw play. Most here I am sure have and so you are very lucky! Right now Gonzaga has the chance to be the best team in the history of college hoops. Our roster is stacked and is off the hook.

I have said it once and will say it again....WE NEED TO INCORPORATE THE NASH DRILL for free throw shooting. IF we do then I think we go 40-0. IF we don't we could lose 3 games next year with 1 of them in the sweet 16. That's how important free throw shooting is! UConn iced the Nat Championship at the line game after game. WHY? The NASH DRILL!

IF Abe, BOB Z, OZN, myself and Jazzy (he seems to be not the party type anymore though) can get the message to the coaching staff lets do it!

Imagine how much KP would love the Nash Drill???

Comment

• exclusivelee
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2013

Need to get to the line to have a chance to make free throws. Didn't do that enough in 2013-14. Rebounding effort and limiting tunrovers would be nice, too. Defense has been better over the last 2 seasons

Comment

• hondo
                    Zag for Life
                    • May 2009

The nicest part of this time of year is that we can dream any dream we want. The hard part comes later when we actually have to play the games. Till then dream on.

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta View Post
                      If you study hoops history I would put John Woodens UCLA teams at the top. Indiana and the Wooden UCLA teams I never saw play. Most here I am sure have and so you are very lucky! Right now Gonzaga has the chance to be the best team in the history of college hoops. Our roster is stacked and is off the hook.

I have said it once and will say it again....WE NEED TO INCORPORATE THE NASH DRILL for free throw shooting. IF we do then I think we go 40-0. IF we don't we could lose 3 games next year with 1 of them in the sweet 16. That's how important free throw shooting is! UConn iced the Nat Championship at the line game after game. WHY? The NASH DRILL!

IF Abe, BOB Z, OZN, myself and Jazzy (he seems to be not the party type anymore though) can get the message to the coaching staff lets do it!

You should post more about the Nash drill.

Comment

• DZ
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta View Post

Not saying this to be a jackass but if one studies college basketball at all, one will find that there will be certain nights where everyone in a certain jersey plays like a disinterested adolescent and is either forcing it, convinced that a practice type effort is plenty to win, or runs up against a team that forgets how to miss.

It is certainly possible to win every game out but it is also possible to lose on the road against Portland. . . and almost blow a 25 point lead at home and trail Portland with 3 to play. . .

Going undefeated is the single last thing I am interested in next year. I am interested in a team playing better and better as the year closes.

If we lose 2 in OOC and 2 total in conference, I will be thrilled and we'll be well positioned to make a run.
                        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                        Mark Twain.

Comment

• seacatfan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2014

Wow. People are going off the deep end here. Let's see if the Zags can get past the Sweet 16. Never mind this undefeated and greatest team ever noise.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                            Zag for Life
                            • Sep 2009

This thread is making my head hurt. Arizona on the road would be a significant upset. I'd be very happy with 3 losses and all the key players healthy as of selection Sunday.

Comment

• bartruff1
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2010

The Nash Grill was kind of oval shaped with cross hatching... like something a appliance maker would design...it was attractive but the car looked like a big fat Ladybug and so they went broke.

Comment

Working...
                              X