• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flytiezag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Apr 2012

POSITION BATTLES POWER FORWARDS

SEEMS LIKE SABONIS IS GETTING SOME LOVE http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...power-forwards
  • Mr Vulture
    Zag for Life
    • May 2008

Wiltjer will start and Sabonis will rotate at the 4 and the 5.

Comment

• exclusivelee
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2013

They should have also included the Zags in their peice on Small Forward position battles. A bigger tossup has been made there

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

No one tell Doc Abe.

Comment

• Baseline
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2011

Sabonis can play the 3 against team that don't have the super Athlete at that position. He moves well enough to cover most and will be an offensive nightmare for others to guard. I think early on we will see a most interesting shuffle at the 3,4 and 5.
          "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• Zagdawg
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Dana is probably just another Zag homer if he is writing something positive about our Zags.

Comment

• kitzbuel
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
              Dana is probably just another Zag homer if he is writing something positive about our Zags.
              She is writing
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Zagdawg
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I did that flying through Portland once-- the "Thank you Sir" was met with "I'm a ma'am" -- oops -- gotta take a closer look/not multi-task sometimes.

Comment

• MTZag03
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                  I did that flying through Portland once-- the "Thank you Sir" was met with "I'm a ma'am" -- oops -- gotta take a closer look/not multi-task sometimes.
                  It was Portland; that should be excused as you never know what your dealing with there. Of course, you could have used or invented a more tolerant pronoun for Portland use.

Comment

• MDABE80
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                    No one tell Doc Abe.
                    <-------------good one!! lololol

Comment

• exclusivelee
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2013

Position Battles: Centers

Gonzaga: Przemek Karnowski versus Kyle Wiltjer. Karnowski is the traditional post player. He can be difficult to move around, and his offensive game continues to develop. Wiltjer can certainly play with Karnowski because he's slender and is much more of a face-up player. The two can be an effective high-low tandem, but if there is a need to see who is on the floor late, then that is also, like with Texas, where the real competition begins. Wiltjer had a year to get stronger, but he won't turn out like Kelly Olynyk. Wiltjer is still going to be skill first, strength last. Karnowski needs to be the opposite for the Zags to find the right balance.

CHICAGO -- Julius Randle is gone, but he wouldn't mind watching the Kentucky big men battle in the fall."Yes, there's going to be some competition," Randle said at the NBA draft combine in Chicago.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by exclusivelee View Post
                        Position Battles: Centers

Gonzaga: Przemek Karnowski versus Kyle Wiltjer. Karnowski is the traditional post player. He can be difficult to move around, and his offensive game continues to develop. Wiltjer can certainly play with Karnowski because he's slender and is much more of a face-up player. The two can be an effective high-low tandem, but if there is a need to see who is on the floor late, then that is also, like with Texas, where the real competition begins. Wiltjer had a year to get stronger, but he won't turn out like Kelly Olynyk. Wiltjer is still going to be skill first, strength last. Karnowski needs to be the opposite for the Zags to find the right balance.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...attles-centers

OK, that leaves Karno v the Bonus...

Comment

• Baseline
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2011

I wonder if that's a guess about KW or does he know something. To not lose a lot of his playing time KW will need to play physical or Sabonis will take that time.
                          "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• MDABE80
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

I think Wiltjer's "the guy" this year. If nothing else because of shooting and experience. I don't see him sitting much.

Comment

• DZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                              I think Wiltjer's "the guy" this year. If nothing else because of shooting and experience. I don't see him sitting much.
                              We can use some aggressiveness.

Curious about the "He won't be Olynick. . . " comment in the article. Kelly was all skill until he became Kelly. Maybe Kyle will follow a similar pattern.
                              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                              Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X