• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a13coach
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

JS to the Jazz?

The Utah Jazz, as part of a broad coaching search expected to feature some 20 candidates, plan to sound out Jazz legend John Stockton to see whether he has any interest in the position, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Thought this was interesting. Not sure if has the desire to deal with certain NBA head coaching problems.

Mods move if you want.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO
    sigpic
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

• Jstock12
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by a13coach View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...n-coaching-job
    Thought this was interesting. Not sure if has the desire to deal with certain NBA head coaching problems.

Mods move if you want.
    My username obligates me to make a comment in this thread :-) I think they're trying to replicate what Hornacek has done in Phoenix. Not to mention Hornacek had a couple of years as an assistant under his belt in Utah. Meanwhile, JS would be a rookie coach (same as Kidd this year) in the NBA. I mean, there's no guarantee Stockton is even good at coaching (although picking one of the best PGs in the history of the game is as good of a choice as any).

Comment

• kyle dixon
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

Stockton as Coach

Won a state championship as an assistant girls coach at gonzaga prep this past march.

Comment

• VinnyZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Smells like a PR stunt by team badly in need of some good PR.

Comment

• Jstock12
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by kyle dixon View Post
          Won a state championship as an assistant girls coach at gonzaga prep this past march.
          That's nice, but it's a pretty big step from an assistant on a girls team to a head coach position on a grown men NBA team.

Comment

• vandalzag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Yes this will happen as long as the Jazz play all of their games at the Warehouse and they hold training camp up at Priest Lake

Comment

• Jstock12
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by vandalzag View Post
              Yes this will happen as long as the Jazz play all of their games at the Warehouse and they hold training camp up at Priest Lake
              Swedgin! San Francisco c*cksucka! ;-))

Comment

• Zag 77
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Very doubtful

Anybody who knows JS knows that he does not need the money and the last thing he wants to do is deal with a high-profile job where he has to deal with the media. Plus, he has said he thinks the modern NBA is not his cup of tea. He is an old-school "team first" kind of guy and the typical player in today's NBA is not something he wants to deal with.

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Jstock12 View Post
                  That's nice, but it's a pretty big step from an assistant on a girls team to a head coach position on a grown men NBA team.
                  Yep, WAY more drama queens in the NBA

Comment

• exclusivelee
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2013

From November:

Q: Do you see yourself having more involvement with the Jazz organization in a formal capacity going forward?

Stockton: I haven’t ruled anything out, but I’m enjoying what I’m doing. I have a 12-year-old son, Samuel, who I’m coaching in the seventh grade, and I’m having a blast at it. There's so much of that still ahead of me. My daughter’s in high school, Laura, and I’m enjoying coaching with her. My kids that are older than her are playing. My daughter Lindsay is playing at Montana state. David is playing at Gonzaga. My son Michael, who you mentioned, is in Germany playing. I don’t want to change. I'm enjoying that. I'm enjoying getting to see them play, and then it’s not always easy, but it would be impossible if I had a job like coaching. So, fortunately, I’m coaching at a level where I have a little flexibility in my schedule.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by VinnyZag View Post
                      Smells like a PR stunt by team badly in need of some good PR.
                      Yup. Seems like they'd give him a private call to see if he's interested. Sounds like the time UW announced the 3 games in Key Arena offer on the radio and in the press.

Comment

• sittingon50
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
                        Yep, WAY more drama queens in the NBA
                        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
                        X