PDA

View Full Version : Few says Edwards wishes to redshirt...

Kiddwell
04-17-2014, 02:10 PM
It's here in the official announcement of Sabonis' LOI. Look about halfway down article.

http://www.gozags.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26400&ATCLID=209470610

:]

hooter73
04-17-2014, 03:03 PM
Good, great even. I much prefer a nice redshirt year of development especially after getting his feet wet to see what it takes in this level of competition versus looking elsewhere. I still think Edwards has a bright future for us to look forward to.

ZagaZags
04-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Outstanding. He will be fun to watch as a 5th year player.

Zagdawg
04-17-2014, 03:24 PM
It will be great to enroll Edwards in the "KO Clinic" -- he has solid potential and could have some great benefits from the program.

maynard g krebs
04-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Great decision by Edwards. Best thing for his career.

Martin Centre Mad Man
04-17-2014, 05:25 PM
That kid should be an absolute beast after four years on campus. The future is bright.

ZagaZags
04-17-2014, 05:35 PM
That kid should be an absolute beast after four years on campus. The future is bright.

+1. GU has the center position taken care of for the next 4 years.

exclusivelee
05-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Had anyone read this article about Edwards?:

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/members/article_1266af2c-ae54-11e3-a80e-001a4bcf887a.html

Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 10:16 pm in a Montana newspaper

Zag Man
05-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Had anyone read this article about Edwards?:

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/members/article_1266af2c-ae54-11e3-a80e-001a4bcf887a.html

Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 10:16 pm in a Montana newspaper

Thanks for posting this article for all the Zag fans! It is always nice to read articles on the team, and most of us would have never even known this article was even published.
Have a good day!

webspinnre
05-28-2014, 12:22 PM
I hadn't seen that, nice article. I'm really optimistic about his future as our center.

realtydog
05-28-2014, 12:42 PM
where did it say in the Sabonis announcement that Edwards wishes to redshirt?? didn't see it

LongIslandZagFan
05-28-2014, 12:51 PM
I am with realty here... think people are misreading the paragraph.

gonzagafan62
05-28-2014, 12:52 PM
where did it say in the Sabonis announcement that Edwards wishes to redshirt?? didn't see it

I remember seeing it in the announcement made up by the spokesman.

KStyles
05-28-2014, 01:05 PM

When the press release was first released, there was a line in there from Few about Edwards wanting to redshirt.

SPOKANE, Wash. (April 17, 20014 – http://www.goazgs.com) - Domantas Sabonis, son of NBA Naismith Hall of Famer and Portland Trail Blazers great Arvydas Sabonis, has signed a letter-of-intent to attend Gonzaga University this fall, Bulldog head coach Mark Few said Thursday.
The 6-10, 210-pound forward is currently playing with the Unicaja Málaga senior team in Spain.
Sabonis, who will turn 18 next month and is the youngest member of Unicaja Málaga, has not signed a contract with the Spanish club because of his desire to play collegiately in the United States.
He was born in Portland in 1996 between games four and five of the Trail Blazers’ first round matchup with the Utah Jazz.
“Domas is a skilled basketball player who should have an immediate impact on our program. We’re excited to have the opportunity to allow him to continue his development as a basketball player while continuing his education,” Few said.
Sabonis will join returning big men Przemek Karnowski (7-1, 296), Luke Mielke (6-9, 203), Ryan Edwards (7-1, 290) and redshirt Kyle Wiltjer (6-10, 230), the latter sitting out this past season after transferring from the University of Kentucky.
“Ryan has indicated a desire to redshirt so with the signing of Domas it gives us some options,” Few said.
He played for Lithuania in the 2012 FIBA U-16 European tournament, averaging 14.1 ppg, 14.4 rpg and 2.4 assists/game. He grabbed a tournament-high 27 rebounds against Poland. In the 2013 FIBA U-18 European tournament, he averaged 14.0 ppg, a tournament high 11.4 rpg and 1.4 assists/game. He had a double-double of 22 points and 22 rebounds against Serbia in 2013 in a 74-70 overtime victory.
Unicaja Malaga’s Spanish league schedule ends May 25. He is averaging 2.7 ppg and 2.0 rpg with three starts in 19 appearances.
As a 16-year-old he made his debut with Unicaja Málaga in 2012 in a game against Cibona Zagreb. He was loaned to Clínicas Rincón for the 2012-13 season and was recalled in by Unicaja Málaga in 2013.
On October 13, 2013, he debuted in Liga ACB (Asociación de Clubs de Baloncesto), the first tier professional league in Spain, scoring 6 points and grabbing 3 rebounds in 15 minutes of action in a starting role. He is the youngest Unicaja player to debut in ACB (17 years, 5 months and 10 days). On October 18, 2013, he debuted in the Euroleague against the two-time defending champions Olympiacos Piraeus. In 2014 Sabonis was named as one of the best young European players of the year.

Oliver Pierce, SID
Gonzaga University
502 E Boone
Spokane, WA 99258

509.313.6373 (o)
509.313-5730 (f)

pierce@athletics.gonzaga.edu

NOTE: Ryan Edwards will be redshirting.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?49851-Sabonis-Press-Release

exclusivelee
05-28-2014, 01:12 PM
This is very interesting. The sentence about Edwards electing to redshirt is the only part missing from the whole article... So this begs the question of whether Rewards will actually redshirt next season.

Here's Meehan: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/apr/17/zags-sign-big-man-domantas-sabonis/

Sabonis joins a frontcourt that includes Przemek Karnowski, Kyle Wiltjer, Ryan Edwards and Angel Nunez.

“Ryan has indicated a desire to redshirt so with the signing of Domas it gives us some options,” Few said.

and SSF: http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2014/4/17/5626088/ryan-edwards-likely-to-redshirt-in-2014-15

Ryan Edwards Likely To Redshirt In 2014-15

With the recent commitment of Domantas Sabonis, it appears this may become a reality. Edwards has expressed an interest in redshirting, per this release from Gonzaga.

hooter73
05-28-2014, 01:13 PM
“At the very beginning I was tentative,” Edwards said. “I didn’t want to make mistakes. I’d go out there not wanting to mess up and then go sit down. Now I feel like I can go out and contribute. Actually, be a role player on the team. It’s a different mentality.

DING DING DING and DING again. I cannot ding this enough for anyone that "doesnt understand" rotation, playing time and where confidence fits in.

Nice article, good find and thanks for posting OP.

gonzagafan62
05-28-2014, 01:16 PM
This is very interesting. The part about Edwards electing to redshirt is the only part missing from the whole article... So this begs the question of whether Rewards will actually redshirt next season.

Here's Meehan: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/apr/17/zags-sign-big-man-domantas-sabonis/

and SSF: http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2014/4/17/5626088/ryan-edwards-likely-to-redshirt-in-2014-15

Well maybe this means Edwards might be in the fold again to play this season.

MDABE80
05-28-2014, 01:30 PM
He always contributed and di a good job. Maybe he needs to RS. he'll come back ready to go. PLUS if we need him ( injury or some such) he'll break his RS and play. If HE wants to RS, let it be.

Oregonzagnut
05-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Everyone's gotta love seniors who spend all 5 years at Gonzaga. We know Few does and the experience and chemistry pays off in so many ways.

Lets hope Travis Knight stays!

Baseline
05-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Ryan will be special, he started out with some bad luck, he will turn into a great center. He has the frame to build on and is a natural, I expect a huge jump in his playing soon.

cggonzaga
05-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Don't know if I would go as far as special but I think he could be a solid contributer.

ZagsGoZags
05-28-2014, 08:04 PM
I was glad to think he would redshirt, but I re-read the article and couldn't find any mention.

I guess expressing an interest in red-shirting, is not the same thing as Ryan and Few announcing he will red-shirt.

I think this board is getting more important in the eyes of basketball authorities - because lots of recent posts and statements have been altered or deleted recently - maybe the board is becoming a quasi-official media looked at carefully because outsiders read it and make assumptions. At least these later editings of posts attests to somebody thinking what is written on these threads has ramifications.

ZagsGoZags
05-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Everyone's gotta love seniors who spend all 5 years at Gonzaga. We know Few does and the experience and chemistry pays off in so many ways.

Lets hope Travis Knight stays!

I think I have said this twice already, that I hope an NBA team doesn't swoop in and grab Travis.
Let's raise his salary to augment his loyalty. I really gained a lot of respect for him, and Wiltjer, when I read somewhere that they were both impressed by how much work was needed on many, many, aspects of Kyle's game. It is obvious to me that Kentucky does not engage in such long term development programs for their bigs.

Baseline
05-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Don't know if I would go as far as special but I think he could be a solid contributer.

You might be right, but I see something very special in Ryan. If you go back and check my posts on Kelly I don't think I ever said a negative thing about him as I was convinced he would be a great one. I see much of the same things in Ryan but in a different way. Ryan doesn't have Kelly's shooting gift, but I view him as a much better defensive player and like Kelly he has a high IQ for the game. How high Ryan goes will depend on what he develops offensively as the rebounding and points at the rim will be there. If he gets aggressive in a face up manner I think we are looking at Kelly type ability and in some ways the ceiling may be higher. Just an opinion, the fun will be watching.

hooter73
05-29-2014, 07:50 AM
... I really gained a lot of respect for him, and Wiltjer, when I read somewhere that they were both impressed by how much work was needed on many, many, aspects of Kyle's game. ...

Interesting. I mustve missed that one but that honestly doesnt surprise me that he was not as well developed overall. The hype can take you far...

I like Edwards a lot, mostly for his work ethic and he does seem to have a solid foundation, but I have a hard time trying to see very many similarities to Kelly. In fact, I dont know who (past/current GU centers) other than Shem to compare him to and thats not just because of their size similarities. Kelly was explosive, complete, Sacre was a defensive great and offensive... well he was great defensively. Dower was finesse offense, Batista was powerful, smooth and efficient... I think Ryan will bring more to the table than Kuso did but other than Shem I dont think he'll be like anyone we have had before.

Best case Im thinking is he will be akin Santa Clara's John Bryant, a conference POY and guy who came in second his senior year in national rebounds, second to Blake Griffin, is not a bad thing. I dont remember Bryant as being very explosive or having much of a vertical/above the rim game, but he was solid and his hard work carried through.

Really hard to tell as we've barely seen what Edwards style of game really is or can be.

ZagsGoZags
05-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Trying to jog my memory, I think the statement was made by Kyle W. in one of the videos shown interviewing him.

exclusivelee
05-30-2014, 09:35 AM
ZGZ:

http://www.krem.com/sports/Building-a-better-Zag-242838841.html

In late August, not long after the 6-foot-10-inch forward arrived on campus, the duo went to work on building a better Zag.

“As soon as you walk through that door all you see is someone's weaknesses,” Knight explained. “The first two months were really overwhelming. There were so many things that he wasn't doing right and needed to get better at.”

Five months in, work is the constant. Everything else, from targets to tactics, depends on the day.

“It's extremely unique,” said Wiltjer, a player with previous trainers and two seasons at one of the nation's most prestigious college basketball programs. “I come every day and he always finds something new to throw at you.”

In February, Knight had eight more months to finish his latest project.

“I haven't even been here that long and it feels like I've progressed already a lot,” Wiltjer said.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/jan/08/gonzaga-notes-kyle-wiltjer-works-to-improve-his/

Wiltjer spends his days lifting weights and trying to improve his agility. He spends his afternoons practicing with the Bulldogs. He sometimes returns in the evening to put up more shots.

“It’s a weird feeling just watching,” the Portland native said of game days. “It keeps me humble because it’s getting me better and I know I’m going to come back stronger. That’s what is getting me through it, knowing I’m becoming a better player.”

Knight used innovative drills, including some with tennis balls marked with letters or numbers, designed to force Olynyk to process information quicker and then move his feet quicker.

“Wednesday is tennis ball day,” Wiltjer said. “A huge key for us is changing my body composition, not necessarily gain a certain amount of pounds but just change my body and get stronger.”

“Amazingly skilled,” coach Mark Few said, “and with the skill comes a guy that can shoot the ball every bit as well as Kevin (Pangos) can. He’s very crafty. He’s dealt with his limitations all his life so he’s figured out ways to get his shot off.”

Wiltjer hopes to add muscle and dexterity to his 230-pound frame. He’s already seeing results.

“We broke the whole year up into 3-month intervals and just having different goals,” Wiltjer said. “I really feel I’m moving a lot better, my game has taken a leap and it’s only been three months. I’m lucky to have a staff trying to get me better. I’ve got assistant coaches on me every day in practice, even though I’m not playing (in games).”

Baseline
05-30-2014, 10:43 AM
Great Post Zag for Life, very good links.

It will be incredibly interesting to get a look at Kyle this fall. Waiting is so hard in life, I wish we had more workout inputs, but it boils down to hope that it is transformational. Kyle already was a great player, so the change in his game will be most interesting to see what aspect has changed. I'm hoping for a big change on rebounding and finishing at the rim.

I hope Ryan is getting the same attention and is pushed at just as hard in the transformation process. I'm hoping he nails a trifecta with KO. KW and RE.

ZagsGoZags
05-31-2014, 06:57 AM
Wow, Exclusivelee
you are The Man
thanks for your post - in fact thanks for all your posts!

exclusivelee
05-31-2014, 10:56 AM
Wow, Exclusivelee
you are The Man

You're welcome.

Zagcity
05-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Wow, Exclusivelee
you are The Man

I will second that! :)

Zagdawg
05-31-2014, 09:52 PM
It sounds like Karnowski is heading back stateside shortly.

"pkarnowski Celebrating my cousin Marcin and Ania's wedding before going back to the US on Tuesday! #familytime"

Baseline
05-31-2014, 10:48 PM
I have wondered off and on if Few and t6he coaches meet with the players individually and talk about their games and what is recommended going forth and in particular over the summer months. I'm sure this might be a stupid question as it would be hard not to imagine that happening. Anyone with any insight as tto this aspect of the teams development.

exclusivelee
06-01-2014, 11:50 AM
It sounds like Karnowski is heading back stateside shortly.

"pkarnowski Celebrating my cousin Marcin and Ania's wedding before going back to the US on Tuesday! #familytime"

Would love from Shem to stay the summer and train with Travis Knight.

Looks like he might be helping the Poland team this summer to qualify for EuroBasket 2015: http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOr Uf9le2.coid_e0PQ9rWuIAUvO,26koHN03.articleMode_on. html

Star big men Marcin Gortat and Maciej Lampe have been included in a 25-strong group of players which Poland head coach Mike Taylor will involve in EuroBasket 2015 2nd Qualifying Round.

National teams that participate in August's qualifiers can field a different 12-man squad in each game, which enables coaches to involve players at their discretion.
Veteran point guard Lukasz Koszarek and promising youngsters Mateusz Ponitka and Przemyslaw Karnowski are also included in Poland's preliminary group of players.

Poland were drawn in Group C of the 2nd Qualifying Round, together with Germany, Austria and Luxembourg.

MDABE80
06-01-2014, 12:08 PM
I think Edwards will be a great one. He's doing the hard work and he was good this past year. He'll only get better. Very few bigs have his size and mobility. He'll get his "mentions" after he returns to regular duty.

exclusivelee
07-13-2014, 07:05 AM
I had a very informative and enjoyable chat with Ryan Edwards' mom yesterday. Here are some tidbits that she shared with me:

Development over the offseason: She said that Ryan has been working extremely hard and that she believes that we will be pleasantly surprised after we see how much he has advanced after working with Travis Knight all summer.

Will Ryan redshirt the 2014-15 season?: I brought up that I read that Ryan might redshirt next season. She said that he may or may not redshirt. Decision will come in November

Why he didn't redshirt the previous season: I mentioned that I was surprised that Ryan didn't take a redshirt year despite missing much of the start of the season. You can read more about R (http://www.dailyinterlake.com/members/article_1266af2c-ae54-11e3-a80e-001a4bcf887a.html)yan's freshman season here (very good story, which will surely make you excited about Ryan's further development at GU) (http://www.dailyinterlake.com/members/article_1266af2c-ae54-11e3-a80e-001a4bcf887a.html). She said that the coaches wanted him to play

Free throws: I mentioned that I was very impressed with Ryan's free throw shooting ability and asked whether it was something that Ryan has made a huge priority in his game. She said that he has always been about 80-85% and that his soft hands help.

Recruitment: I asked about which GU coach was most involved in Ryan's recruitment, and mentioned that many GU fans have been very excited about Ryan, that I think we got a gym, that Ryan was underrecruited, despite having a lot of skill. She said that Ray Giacolletti was the main GU recruiter, that living in Montana, there isn't a lot of exposure for Ryan's game to be noticed, but that he has learned so much from the coaches, coming in without bad habits.

Edwards vs. Karnowski: I asked how well Ryan has been competing against Karnowski. She said that they beat each other up daily, that Coach Michaelson say Ryan holds his own, that Ryan has become more aggressive. Says that Karnowski is still better defensively, but that Ryan has some great moves offensively on him. Said that they are very glad Ryan has the chance to play against Karnowski while he is at GU.

Excitement about the 2014-15 team?: I mentioned that I feel that GU has a very excited year ahead and that there's a lot of enthusiasm For the team, that this is arguably the deepest GU team ever. She says that she is very excited, that Ryan came back to Montana for the previous weekend, brimming with excitement. Ryan stated that the new guys coming in are very talented and that's he's very excited to be a part of it. She and Ryan are very close, and she said that that she may make a trip out to go watch a scrimmage at night during camps, but that Ryan has a busy plate this summer. He has been enrolled in classes all summer, helping out with the camps, practicing with the team, and working with Travis Knight

Still growing taller?: She said that the doctor told them that he's not done growing, that with a size 18 shoe, he still could.

Follow Ryan's new twitter account: @25ryan (https://twitter.com/25ryan)

jazzdelmar
07-13-2014, 07:36 AM
Great story Lee. I am torn when it comes to redshirting him. I think he has vast upside and I would like to see him in uniform this year. But I just don't know where the minutes will come from. It will be a tough decision. I'm sure after the coaches get a look at the newcomers they'll be better prepared to make that decision

MTZag03
07-13-2014, 11:18 AM
Regarding Ryan still growing taller, I wonder what his true height is up to now. I thought I remember him being a shade under 7'0'' when GU first recruited him.

Regarding Ryan not being sure on redshirting, I could easily see the staff wanting him to play this year. We really don't have depth at center, just a ton of depth at 4.

MDABE80
07-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Just seeing them walking, I'd say Ryan is taller by and inch or so but Karno slouches a bit. He's very large. Has a nice spring in his step. Hopefully my teaching duties relax by the 17th and I'll get to see them play.

Baseline
07-13-2014, 12:08 PM
A great thread on Ryan and his progress. It is real good to hear he is working hard and making progress. Ryan moves very well for a young big and could develop into a scoring machine if he does his homework, develops some shots and becomes aggressive, something alluded to in the thread. I have real mixed feeling on a redshirt for Ryan, I want to see him play, yet they need to maximize his use. Playing behind Shem is a real problem and if Shem stays his full 4 years, Ryan will be a junior before we see a lot of floor time. Redshirting and using that time to work with night and hone his game could produce a real worrier.
I think the wild card will be sabonis, if he shows real strong in camp the a redshirt makes sense, if not then Ryan should play.
Few has a couple of big decisions. Ryan being one and I expect Melson to challenge for starting. We live in interesting times.

zag buddy
07-13-2014, 12:18 PM
When I saw them together from the stands it appeared Ryan was taller by 1 to 2 inches than Shem.

DixieZag
07-13-2014, 01:26 PM
When I saw them together from the stands it appeared Ryan was taller by 1 to 2 inches than Shem.

THAT is amazing b/c Shem is at least approaching 7'1 - I haven't seen anyone other than the New Mexico State kid who is taller than him. If he is an inch (or two!) that tells me that I really want him to redshirt, not so much b/c he wouldn't be great to have this year, but more b/c he has to still be getting used to being that size and an opportunity to learn how to maximize it and get that much stronger - then get three years of him at max level? Seems obvious to me.

maynard g krebs
07-13-2014, 02:24 PM
It is a tough call because he'd be great for depth this year, but looking at the long term I hope he redshirts. He could really dominate as a 5th year sr. The RS was impossible last year since Nunez wasn't eligible for most of the nonconf. games, and that left only Meikle as a big off the bench. Barring injury, Karno, KW, DS, and Nunez should be enough to cover the 4-5 spots. True that there's really no backup center, but a lot of college teams' starting centers are no bigger than Sabonis anyway.

seacatfan
07-13-2014, 02:58 PM
A lot of college teams don't have 1 legit center. There are a whole bunch of power forwards masquerading as centers.

23dpg
07-13-2014, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=exclusivelee;1026623]I had a very informative and enjoyable chat with Ryan Edwards' mom yesterday. Here are some tidbits that she shared with me:

Development over the offseason: [/B][B]She said that Ryan has been working extremely hard and that she believes that we will be pleasantly

Nope, too late. That was last year. I won't be surprised by anything Ryan achieves at this point.

Won't get fooled again. He is legit.

ZagaZags
07-13-2014, 08:52 PM
I had a very informative and enjoyable chat with Ryan Edwards' mom yesterday. Here are some tidbits that she shared with me:

Development over the offseason: She said that Ryan has been working extremely hard and that she believes that we will be pleasantly surprised after we see how much he has advanced after working with Travis Knight all summer.

Will Ryan redshirt the 2014-15 season?: I brought up that I read that Ryan might redshirt next season. She said that he may or may not redshirt. Decision will come in November

Why he didn't redshirt the previous season: I mentioned that I was surprised that Ryan didn't take a redshirt year despite missing much of the start of the season. You can read more about R (http://www.dailyinterlake.com/members/article_1266af2c-ae54-11e3-a80e-001a4bcf887a.html)yan's freshman season here (very good story, which will surely make you excited about Ryan's further development at GU) (http://www.dailyinterlake.com/members/article_1266af2c-ae54-11e3-a80e-001a4bcf887a.html). She said that the coaches wanted him to play

Free throws: I mentioned that I was very impressed with Ryan's free throw shooting ability and asked whether it was something that Ryan has made a huge priority in his game. She said that he has always been about 80-85% and that his soft hands help.

Recruitment: I asked about which GU coach was most involved in Ryan's recruitment, and mentioned that many GU fans have been very excited about Ryan, that I think we got a gym, that Ryan was underrecruited, despite having a lot of skill. She said that Ray Giacolletti was the main GU recruiter, that living in Montana, there isn't a lot of exposure for Ryan's game to be noticed, but that he has learned so much from the coaches, coming in without bad habits.

Edwards vs. Karnowski: I asked how well Ryan has been competing against Karnowski. She said that they beat each other up daily, that Coach Michaelson say Ryan holds his own, that Ryan has become more aggressive. Says that Karnowski is still better defensively, but that Ryan has some great moves offensively on him. Said that they are very glad Ryan has the chance to play against Karnowski while he is at GU.

Excitement about the 2014-15 team?: I mentioned that I feel that GU has a very excited year ahead and that there's a lot of enthusiasm For the team, that this is arguably the deepest GU team ever. She says that she is very excited, that Ryan came back to Montana for the previous weekend, brimming with excitement. Ryan stated that the new guys coming in are very talented and that's he's very excited to be a part of it. She and Ryan are very close, and she said that that she may make a trip out to go watch a scrimmage at night during camps, but that Ryan has a busy plate this summer. He has been enrolled in classes all summer, helping out with the camps, practicing with the team, and working with Travis Knight

Still growing taller?: She said that the doctor told them that he's not done growing, that with a size 18 shoe, he still could.

Follow Ryan's new twitter account: @25ryan (https://twitter.com/25ryan)

This gets my vote for post of the month.

gonzagafan62
07-14-2014, 06:25 AM

I second this.

exclusivelee
07-14-2014, 06:58 AM
Was told that Ryan is currently 7'1" BAREFOOT!

Shem was measured at 7'1.5" with shoes at the 2014 Nike Big Man Skills Academy (http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?50278-Kevin-Pangos-Nike-Point-Guard-Academy-Przemek-Karnowski-Big-Man-Skills-Academy&p=1023750#post1023750) last month: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Przemek-Karnowski-6124/

Kelly was measured at 6'10.75" without shoes & 7'0" with shoes at the 2013 NBA Draft Combine: http://search.draftexpress.com/profile/Kelly-Olynyk-19790/

Could that mean that Ryan is 7'2.25" with shoes?

From ZaGranny's Adventures At Hoopfest 2014 thread (http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?50315-ZaGranny-s-Adventures-at-HoopFest-2014):

We got an early start (for a couple of old retired folks) and left for Spokane at 9 in order to get to the Gonzaga Booth to see Shem and Ryan.

Some of you sere interested in changes of sizes so here are a couple of pics with them yesterday and some pics of me with them at the banquet March 15.

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx213/lormwise/ZAGS%202012/629142_zpsb359739c.jpg (http://s757.photobucket.com/user/lormwise/media/ZAGS%202012/629142_zpsb359739c.jpg.html)

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx213/lormwise/ZAGS%202012/629144_zps6f548312.jpg (http://s757.photobucket.com/user/lormwise/media/ZAGS%202012/629144_zps6f548312.jpg.html)

Banquet:

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx213/lormwise/ZAGS%202012/3141482_zps2c62d3d8.jpg (http://s757.photobucket.com/user/lormwise/media/ZAGS%202012/3141482_zps2c62d3d8.jpg.html)

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx213/lormwise/ZAGS%202012/314148_zpsa0a31557.jpg (http://s757.photobucket.com/user/lormwise/media/ZAGS%202012/314148_zpsa0a31557.jpg.html)

To me, they both look like they have bulked up a bit.

I second this.

Thanks guys!

Rangerzag
07-14-2014, 04:55 PM
At this point about the only question left unanswered is "How tall is ZaGranny with and without shoes?"

Not that I expect an answer ;^)

Zippyzaggy
07-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Was told that Ryan is currently 7'1" BAREFOOT!

Shem was measured at 7'1.5" with shoes at the 2014 Nike Big Man Skills Academy last month: Kelly was measured at 6'10.75" without shoes & 7'0" with shoes at the 2013 NBA Draft Combine: Could that mean that Ryan is 7'2.25" with shoes?

Or, even more importantly...could this mean that ZaGranny is almost 4'2 in shoes?! :)

ZaGranny
07-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Or, even more importantly...could this mean that ZaGranny is almost 4'2 in shoes?! :)

I resemble that remark! :p

Actually, I am 5'2" in shoes. I used to be a bit over 5'2' barefoot, but alas, that is part of being ZaGranny!

ZaGranny