PDA

View Full Version : Ref Rage and Us...

LongIslandZagFan
04-09-2014, 08:14 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/8/5575738/ref-rage-basketball-referees-ncaa-tournament

BTW I call BS on OSU actually being in the negative. Also, judging by the booing of obvious fouls during the NC game, I question the hoops IQ of the average Kentucky fan.

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4260913/refrage.png

MTZag03
04-09-2014, 08:58 AM
I wonder what BYU would be.

former1dog
04-09-2014, 09:09 AM
I wonder what BYU would be.

If it was a measure of how the crowd's (mis) treated the refs, BYU would be off the charts.

gonzagafan62
04-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Most of the Gonzaga rage, comes right from me here in Bourbon Missouri. And I apologize for that.

Secondly, Ohio State being in the negative? You are right LIZF, that's total BS. They treat their team like its god, and they live and die on every play. Although they do get heartbroken every single season, by falling short.

gonzagafan62
04-09-2014, 09:11 AM
If it was a measure of how the crowd's (mis) treated the refs, BYU would be off the charts.

That's why they aren't on this.

DixieZag
04-09-2014, 09:16 AM
That's why they aren't on this.

Actually, they were, the screen just ran out of black ink.

So, how do you get a negative score? Does one person say "hey, that call was sort of iffy" and then fifty people pile on saying how wonderful the refs are.

I hazard a guess that had we not won a game no one thought we would, and not been throttled in the first five minutes of the next one, there might be more weighing us down in the poll. I'm think I alone can get us over 12, who's with me!

LongIslandZagFan
04-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Actually, they were, the screen just ran out of black ink.

So, how do you get a negative score? Does one person say "hey, that call was sort of iffy" and then fifty people pile on saying how wonderful the refs are.

I hazard a guess that had we not won a game no one thought we would, and not been throttled in the first five minutes of the next one, there might be more weighing us down in the poll. I'm think I alone can get us over 12, who's with me!

Read the accompanying article, it explains the scoring system.

americasteam
04-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Anyone remember the Gonzaga vs Pacific game (home game for Pacific). I was completely floored and disgusted with that schools fans - they must have yelled out B*** S*** after every call that went against them. Frankly, I was embarrassed for them as it was probably one of their first games ever shown on the ESPN network and they did not represent themselves well.

zags422
04-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Anyone that watched the Nebraska game vs. Baylor and sympathizes with the referees can go and expletive. Add another quintuplet points on to the Nebraska score, I hope those refs trip down the stairs!!!

WBM
04-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Most important thing I took away from the article came from the comments:

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/hermano/original/109/31_medium_medium.gif

ZagaZags
04-10-2014, 12:13 AM
BYU would come to mind.